lycokayaker

BCM Upper

Hey Guys and Gals

I know many of you have purchased BCM rifles and uppers. So you guys can help me out. I am looking at purchasing this BCM upper http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BCM%2DURG%2DMID%2D14+MIT12+FDE My questions are what compensator do they offer that is NJ legal? Also aside for the compensator can I have this upper shipped to me or must it go to an ffl to have it inspected and have potential not so nice features on it removed? Sorry for the dumb questions I am relatively new to NJ and still haven't figured out this whole thing. Wishing I had stayed in PA :)

Bill

Hey Guys and Gals

I know many of you have purchased BCM rifles and uppers. So you guys can help me out. I am looking at purchasing this BCM upper http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BCM%2DURG%2DMID%2D14+MIT12+FDE My questions are what compensator do they offer that is NJ legal? Also aside for the compensator can I have this upper shipped to me or must it go to an ffl to have it inspected and have potential not so nice features on it removed? Sorry for the dumb questions I am relatively new to NJ and still haven't figured out this whole thing. Wishing I had stayed in PA :)

Bill

BC1.5 and PWS are good to go... I love my BC1.5 though, it looks awesome.

You can also have them ship it directly to your house. The Upper is not a 'weapon' as it doesn't have a serial number/trigger mechanism.

Thanks for all of the help. I didn't know if they still had bayonet lugs on the rifles...... Thanks again!

Some of them will! Any of the uppers that have a front sight base will have the bayonet lugs on it, while the uppers with a full length rail covering the gas block will NOT have the bayonet lugs. Keep that in mind.

Thanks for all of the help. I didn't know if they still had bayonet lugs on the rifles...... Thanks again!

Not a big deal if you have a Dremmel, a steady hand, and a Birchwood Casey deep black pen.

Or, just order one without a FSB similar to the model you posted in the OP.

Not a big deal if you have a Dremmel, a steady hand, and a Birchwood Casey deep black pen.

Or, just order one without a FSB similar to the model you posted in the OP.

I always thought bayonet lugs to be silly on civilian AR's.. I am never going to attach a grenade launcher nor am I looking to stab anyone with my rifle. Dremmel plus Rustoleum high temperature grill paint. Also the reason I had no problem getting rid of my M4 type barrel before I came to NJ. That recessed area on the barrel is to fit the M203 grenade launcher. Just a thinner barrel to heat up quicker IMO..