DevsAdvocate

New range in West Paterson/Woodland Park?

Damn, I'm subscribed to this thread and my email been blowin up, had to stop in and see what all the ruckus was. Not a reloader(in the gun world anyways lol) so that decision wouldn't affect me at all. You'll never be able to please everyone, but good on you guys for not only listening, but coming to a resolution that just made a lot of your potential customers happy. Can't wait for this facility to open.

Edited home range info in profile...w00t! Speaking of which...any thoughts or plans of a Grand Opening party/gathering?

Thanks for adding us Joe...As we get closer we will def have a grand opening/celebration...Just keep checking back to the website for updates! Look forward to having you at the range!

Blazer aluminum?

Wolf steel cased?

Tula steel cased?

Ray, have to speak to the guy buying our brass. I personally have shot both blazer and wolf and don't have an issue with them...but they might not enjoy those casings in the mix. As for Tula, that stuff is pure crap, having seen/used it before...

Wow. I guess we misjudged the response regarding reloads! We were up at the range this morning discussing this thread and decided to listen, instead of dictate. So, we will now be allowing reloads! Thanks for the passionate responses!

You guys are the best! Most USPSA shooters reload so matches would not be well attended with a "no reload" policy. I am glad we are here to work through issues now rather than after you are open. Since you guys are being so accommodating, I feel us reloaders should be extra careful with any ammo brought to your range. It's a respect thing.

• Like 1

Ray, have to speak to the guy buying our brass. I personally have shot both blazer and wolf and don't have an issue with them...but they might not enjoy those casings in the mix. As for Tula, that stuff is pure crap, having seen/used it before...

For steel cased - just put a big strip magnet on the front of a push broom - should suck up the steel cases while you're sweeping :)

For steel cased - just put a big strip magnet on the front of a push broom - should suck up the steel cases while you're sweeping :)

What? Your not sweeping up after yourself! LOL Guess thats the "shovel ready" jobs Obama's been touting...or should I say "brush ready"

• Like 1

What Nick (krdshrk) said is correct. Separate the brass from aluminum and steel. Don't get rid of those casings though as a 5 gallon bucket of aluminum is easily 20 bucks and about half that for the steel. Remember, metal is money.

Who is going to sit there and separate the aluminum from the brass? It is not magnetic and "mixed" metal is not worth nearly as much as all brass. At the end of the day, how much are you saving? If it were my business, I would only allow brass too!

I am 100% certain that reloaders would love to take any unwanted brass.

Hell, you could even make a few bucks off of it.

It pains me to see and hear of people who sell brass for scrap.

Think of it as recycling, but knowing exactly where it will end up. Back in a shooters hand.

The simple problem is that if you try to sell to reloaders you will gtross more for the brass, but at what cost? How much will you have to pay a guy to sort brass, wahts the liability of including a makarov cartridge or a 380 in a bag of 9mm, what about the health risks to the person sorting the brass, etc. It becomes more profitable to sweep it up and dump it in a generic bucket.

• Like 1

The simple problem is that if you try to sell to reloaders you will gtross more for the brass, but at what cost? How much will you have to pay a guy to sort brass, wahts the liability of including a makarov cartridge or a 380 in a bag of 9mm, what about the health risks to the person sorting the brass, etc. It becomes more profitable to sweep it up and dump it in a generic bucket.

Dan - Get that litigation stuff outta your head... Anybody that would litigate over something like that should be executed!

What? Your not sweeping up after yourself! LOL Guess thats the "shovel ready" jobs Obama's been touting...or should I say "brush ready"

As previously mentioned, Obama is one of the biggest reasons your range will be successful. Send him a thank you note. I just received my PPH's and Parsippany has issued over 200 permits YTD.

Regarding the brass, sell it to the reloaders. They will pay far more than the scrappers. It's up to you to figure out the best way, sorted or unsorted. I used the Brass Wizard (http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/product/T1310) to collect my brass and the Shell Sorter (http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/product/T1356) to speed up sorting.

Sorting brass can be done by "employee" during down time. As Col. suggested the shell sorter makes this easier.

No liability involved with "wrong" cases mixed in with brass. We (reloaders) tend to see/find them during the reloading process. I care more about NT brass or A-Merc than a 380 case.

No more health risks than shooting in range. Wear gloves while sorting and wash your hands when done.

Could be more profitable to sell as scrap, but would you rather not see the brass go to shooters who are going to use it again and again?

Who is going to sit there and separate the aluminum from the brass? It is not magnetic and "mixed" metal is not worth nearly as much as all brass. At the end of the day, how much are you saving? If it were my business, I would only allow brass too!

Good thing it's not your business! If your honest and say we don't want steel and aluminum ammo becuase of the sorting issue then I can understand, not agree, but understand. Don't be like the BuwletHole in Belleville and lie about Wolf being unsafe becuase it is MORE safe than some brass rounds that I've seen.

Good thing it's not your business! If your honest and say we don't want steel and aluminum ammo becuase of the sorting issue then I can understand, not agree, but understand. Don't be like the BuwletHole in Belleville and lie about Wolf being unsafe becuase it is MORE safe than some brass rounds that I've seen.

Ray Ray, where did I ever say Wolf was unsafe? I said mixed metal cases are not worth as much as all brass! I worked in several machine shops (in my youth) and when the scrap guys came in, they did not want to mess with mixed metal!

Ray Ray, where did I ever say Wolf was unsafe? I said mixed metal cases are not worth as much as all brass! I worked in several machine shops (in my youth) and when the scrap guys came in, they did not want to mess with mixed metal!

I didn't mean to say you said wolf was dangerous, I meant to say that the shyte hole thinks it is. Which it's not!

We (reloaders) tend to see/find them during the reloading process. I care more about NT brass or A-Merc than a 380 case.

Ron:

You are talking about Federal NT right? I know the Federal NT is crimped but I used Winchester (WIN) NT and it deprimed and primed with no problems.

Are you being sarcastic?

No, not at all, I was being serious. I use that little "sarcastic face" smiley when I am being sarcastic. I have never had any trouble using Wolf ammo or Blazer.

Ron:

You are talking about Federal NT right? I know the Federal NT is crimped but I used Winchester (WIN) NT and it deprimed and primed with no problems.

Federals are the ones that have been giving me problems as of late.

Especially when using Federal primers, it gets ugly.

Federals are the ones that have been giving me problems as of late.

Especially when using Federal primers, it gets ugly.

I agree. I tested a Federal NT in .40S&W. The primer was so tight, it would not come out. I did not want to press too hard because I did not want to break the depriming pin.

No, not at all, I was being serious. I use that little "sarcastic face" smiley when I am being sarcastic. I have never had any trouble using Wolf ammo or Blazer.

Good, cause my love for you and NJZED runs deap.