DevsAdvocate

New range in West Paterson/Woodland Park?

I mean the building meets the profile with a loading bay at the end. Also there is also a FFL registered to that address. If it isnt it isnt. But its a good guess no?

Its a good guess....

There are so many industrial complexes in Morris County that it would be a needle in a haystack to try and guess.....

I mean the building meets the profile with a loading bay at the end. Also there is also a FFL registered to that address. If it isnt it isnt. But its a good guess no?

I know that street and thought it might be there. Too bad since this is within three miles of my house. However, the RTSP space has a dirt floor and the buildings on that street are existing construction. Besides, the windows don't match. I think you are close area wise as the phone number is in Whippany. We will just have to wait.

They dont want the "anti's" to get any hint of a range going in...... They prefer to deal with that..... if they have to, once they open.

We should respect that..... they are listening to our opinions on what we want out of a local range......

I know that street and thought it might be there. Too bad since this is within three miles of my house. However, the RTSP space has a dirt floor and the buildings on that street are existing construction. Besides, the windows don't match. I think you are close area wise as the phone number is in Whippany. We will just have to wait.

When will we find out the location? Whats the deal with all this secrecy?

They dont want the "anti's" to get any hint of a range going in...... They prefer to deal with that..... if they have to, once they open.

We should respect that..... they are listening to our opinions on what we want out of a local range......

The phone # is a VOIP, I bought a block that includes Whippany numbers. 67gtonout is right, we want to secure our CO (certificate of occupancy) before we release the location.This is based on previous experiences from other ranges that open is sates like NJ. We apologize if it is an inconvenience not knowing where we will be, but you will find out before we open the doors. We have been working on this over 2 years, and we are now just a few short months away from opening the doors. Thank you for your patience and we look forward meeting all of you!

We are all like kids on Christmas Eve! We are all eager to try out a new range but everyone understands your reasons. We certainly do not want anybody to throw a wrench in the works. I am sure you will let us know soon enough.

Let me also follow up by saying, that if you do figure it out, PLEASE PLEASE keep it to yourself and do not post on any forum...it would be a terrible shame to get stopped in our tracks after years of work getting so close....like my partner stated above, you will know soon enough and we will all want to enjoy finally having a new facility in Northern NJ....be well and keep checking back for updates on our site rstponline.com or on FB...thanks.

It really is a sad day in America when you can't promote your business before you open. When BA came to Lakewood they had to go before the zoning board. The board looked at the application and all they cared about was zoning laws. It was a refreshing change.

Let me also follow up by saying, that if you do figure it out, PLEASE PLEASE keep it to yourself and do not post on any forum...it would be a terrible shame to get stopped in our tracks after years of work getting so close....like my partner stated above, you will know soon enough and we will all want to enjoy finally having a new facility in Northern NJ....be well and keep checking back for updates on our site rstponline.com or on FB...thanks.

Not to worry. I knew that if I did run across the location, I would have to keep it hush hush. I would love to know the location just so I can see how close it is to me. Plus I am in real estate so I have a predisposition toward curiosity with anything to do with real estate. Like I said, we will just have to wait.

That's by far a good enough reason for me. I didnt know that you guys still have to worry about crap like that especially when your already in the construction phase. I would think at this point nothing could stop you, but goddamn i would hate to see you guys have issues before even opening.

Like others have stated i am very eager to see how close the range will be, i'm looking for a yearly membership somewhere i will really get my money's worth. But anyway, the wait isnt whats killing me, i can wait, its the mystery thats getting to me!!

That's by far a good enough reason for me. I didnt know that you guys still have to worry about crap like that especially when your already in the construction phase. I would think at this point nothing could stop you, but goddamn i would hate to see you guys have issues before even opening.

Like others have stated i am very eager to see how close the range will be, i'm looking for a yearly membership somewhere i will really get my money's worth. But anyway, the wait isnt whats killing me, i can wait, its the mystery thats getting to me!!

"It's a mystery. And I don't like mysteries. They give me a belly ache, and I've got a beauty."

Capt. James T. Kirk

Sorry guys, haven't been back to the forum in a while. Here's where we are. The range block is done, the floor has been poured, the store front, classroom and offices are being framed out as we speak. The range roof is being installed this week, as well as the electrical...Next week the HVAC system for the range is being delivered and installed. Based on this schedule, we are looking at the first week or two of October for a final CO and opening. Fingers crossed!! :)

And to just add - I know many of you don't have facebook...but that is constantly being updated with new pics..so I would recommend getting on it and "liking" RTSP - Range, Firearms & Training. You can also keep up on our website: rtsponline.com. Thanks

Hi all. Sorry I haven't checked back here in a bit. As was noted by another "follower" - we did not have any flood issues unlike Denville etc...We are still on schedule and have begun all the frame out and electrical. That will hopefully be completed next week and go for final inspection before they close the walls up. All the HVAC is now complete except the large unit for the range. That goes in in a couple weeks. Still looks like a final inspection by the town sometime mid October. We will probably have a soft opening for all of you that have begun following us and then have a hard "Grand" Opening...As for firearms, the answer is YES, we will be carrying firearms. It might take us a month or two to build up inventory...but the plan is to offer a wide variety and base new inventory on feedback from you guys over the first few months. We have also received our certification for Tactical Simunition training..so we are excited to build a shoot house and have that option available as well. Sit tight...we ARE getting close!!!

Cool that you are going to sell firearms. I have a 1911 that I've been looking to get for some time, would love to give you the business. I'm also working with a buddy that is hot for a 40 S&W pistol (we are thinking SIG, HK, or FN - he already has a Glock). I might be able to get him to you as well. Do you know when you will be able to complete handgun transactions?

Thanks much and glad Irene did not hit you.