Sign in to follow this  
matt6669

Cherry Ridge Sunday June 5th

Looks like an explosion of ARs today on the 200 yard line. Ill wait to shoot on the 300 yard line at one

Considering I was there at 12:18 with my AR, you were probably seeing a few of the NJGF guys. Matt is at the rimfire range right now wearing an NJGF tshirt.

I didn't get up there until around 2:30. In fact, I just missed the 2:30 ceasefire on the HG range, so I spent a half hour loading mags and picking my nose (not literally). Was there from 3:00-3:30 with my pair of Glocks. Only a handful of people there. Talked with a couple of guys who let me try their shooters and vice versa. Was that anyone from here?

Went over to 100 yard rifle, and only a few guys over there. Worked my 10/22 and S&W 15-22 from 50, then 100 yards. The accuracy of the 10/22 carbine with Tech Sights amazes me. Without a bipod or brace (although I did brace my arms on the table) I was able to put 36 of 40 rounds into a 12" target from 100 yards. I'm still struggling to find the range with the 15-22. Someone is going to have to show me how to zero that thing, or perhaps I can find a You Tube video explaining it.

how were you there from 3-330 its only 246 right now lol

I just got home I am beyond exhausted. Met a bunch of new faces and fell in love with Paul's 308 bolt gun.

On a good note though the Finnish M28/76 actually fired today and didn't blow up in my face. SUCCESS!

Matt, thanks for "guesting" me in today. Good to finally meet some NJGF peeps and I broke my >100 yard shooting cherry. Props to Mr. Shoot-it-all, he had a dead center bullseye at 200 yards after what, 3 shots?

Anyone know the specifics on the Mueller scope we were using on the AR at 200 yards? I was very impressed with it, thinking about getting one.

It was fun meeting up and finally meeting some of you guys today. Now that I live 20 min away from CR, I plan on going alot more often.Thanks Colin and Matt for helping me find my car key at the end of the day. If it wasn't for you guys I would have been there alot longer holding up the 300 yd line.

It was fun meeting up and finally meeting some of you guys today. Now that I live 20 min away from CR, I plan on going alot more often.Thanks Colin and Matt for helping me find my car key at the end of the day. If it wasn't for you guys I would have been there alot longer holding up the 300 yd line.

Nice to meet you, great rifles! Perhaps once my hernia is no longer tender, I'll consider shooting one of your rifles prone :)

Alright now that I'm back home from my whole day extravaganza and I have more than a second to post up I'll type out a little message.

Doug- not a problem man. Anytime I'm going your more than welcome you got my number.

Paul - I get out of work at like 2:30 normally on Fridays, I think we should start hitting the 200/300 yard range on Fridays since I know you said you have off on Fridays. I got a lot of work to do with my Rem 700 hunting rifle before deer season comes along!

Mark and Colin it's a pleasure as always of course. Never a dull moment with you fine gents.

And Sam it was a pleasure to meet you though I was very disappointed you lacked the hat tonight. I'm also very happy we now have you thinking about a bolt gun instead of one of those silly AR's :)

I hope I didn't leave anyone out, if I did I apologize my brain is officially fried right now.

and great to see everyone and also doug you ever wanna go hit me up on here i work nights gotta leave range by 630 latest but they typically close 7 anyway.

also i appreciate the patience doug with my ghetto rigged scope mount lol look out for the post later this week SIGmund Freud is coming home this week(yes thats his name and its a 226 in 9mm enhanced elite) doug we will run that drill with that thing on my ammo whenever you want

how were you there from 3-330 its only 246 right now lol

Oops, forgot to mention that was yesterday (Saturday). Sounds like I missed all the fun today. So it wasn't too bad with new member day and a tournament on the rifle range?

no it rightfully sucked because I really needed to shoot on the 100 yard and I couldn't. The pistol was packed, every port was full but I didn't see any unsafe activities going on because the RO's were on top of their game today

Matt, thanks for "guesting" me in today. Good to finally meet some NJGF peeps and I broke my >100 yard shooting cherry. Props to Mr. Shoot-it-all, he had a dead center bullseye at 200 yards after what, 3 shots?

Anyone know the specifics on the Mueller scope we were using on the AR at 200 yards? I was very impressed with it, thinking about getting one.

It was a Mueller APT (All Purpose Tactical)

Here's the specs: http://muelleroptics.com/mt451440

Can find it online for about 150

Hey Matt,

I would be up for that on Fridays. Just send me a PM or call me on my cell to let me know when you want to head up there.

Paul

Alright now that I'm back home from my whole day extravaganza and I have more than a second to post up I'll type out a little message.

Doug- not a problem man. Anytime I'm going your more than welcome you got my number.

Paul - I get out of work at like 2:30 normally on Fridays, I think we should start hitting the 200/300 yard range on Fridays since I know you said you have off on Fridays. I got a lot of work to do with my Rem 700 hunting rifle before deer season comes along!

Mark and Colin it's a pleasure as always of course. Never a dull moment with you fine gents.

And Sam it was a pleasure to meet you though I was very disappointed you lacked the hat tonight. I'm also very happy we now have you thinking about a bolt gun instead of one of those silly AR's :)

I hope I didn't leave anyone out, if I did I apologize my brain is officially fried right now.

Yeah, I guess life is filled with tough decisions like that Matt. Humm, shoot rifles or eat lobster? :icon_mrgreen: Have a great birthday dinner.

Will do!

I dunno about this Friday b/c I gotta be home for lobster dinner for my birfday but the following friday should be a definite