KpdPipes

OK, Someone talk me out of a .38 Super

Thw one pictured in the above posts is from the FBI museum..it's the .38 Super Machine Pistol John Dillinger owned, NOT the one I purchased. The one I bought had no Comp, just a straight-crowned Kart Barrel. As for 27+ Rounds this is NJ, and im not going to risk my career for a game. IF I shoot uspsa with it it will be for fun with 10-rounders. Reloading, Yes i plan to, I'm not interested in 9-major and i'm well aware of the hazards with that I have a close friend who shoots 9-M open. So far I've found .38 super brass for around $150.00 per Thousand.

That said...i'm liking .38 Super more and more ballistics-wise. As I read more about it..I may have to build one up as an Off-duty piece.

ah got ya, when i was shooting 38 super i would go to czcustom.com or to starline directly its about $117/k from them midway and grafs are much more expensive

to answer another post 38 super was created as a defensive round, and was admired by Jeff Cooper, one of the first to make it reach its potential by making the brass from cut down .223 and used small rifle primers to maximize its performance in an unsupported barrel.

I have 2 38 super single stacks..

have shot uspsa with one of them..

I have been using 3 loads 2 for target and one for uspsa..

all 3 loads are with AA powders # 2,5, and 7. the uspsa load was with #5.

Oh, and i hate that 15 min rule also..

I checked the link and do not like the dealer selling the pistol, mainley because they are selling the case to it seperate, do you realy need to hold the original case hostage? and sell it seperatley..WTF..That just rubs me wrong..

I have 2 38 super single stacks..

have shot uspsa with one of them..

I have been using 3 loads 2 for target and one for uspsa..

all 3 loads are with AA powders # 2,5, and 7. the uspsa load was with #5.

Oh, and i hate that 15 min rule also..

I checked the link and do not like the dealer selling the pistol, mainley because they are selling the case to it seperate, do you realy need to hold the original case hostage? and sell it seperatley..WTF..That just rubs me wrong..

that part made me :icon_rolleyes: a little..but im not worrying about it, i cans urvive without the case the gun wont fit into anymore now anyway. it's already on it's way to paul, and i'll pick it up once i get my permits in then assess just what and how much of what's there needs to be replaced.