Cavalier1979

Project Appleseed Shoot at South Jersey Shooters 6/11-6/12 Club

Sorry about that... had plenty of open spots the other day...

Yup, even if the EventBrite page says "sold out", if you really want to go, it's a good idea to show up equipped anyway - especially when the weather might be iffy, there'll usually be some no-shows. But we'll be back at SJSC. Great club and they like Project Appleseed.

Ok Gregg, sine you really want to do one maybe you can tell us what it is? Since the one listed was filled I guess they really don't need to spread the word on what an Appleseed shoot really is. I found nothing on their website to explain what it is they do. I would think it's for rimfire ammo and kids, but I can (and probably am) completely wrong.

An Appleseed shoot is about teaching the fundamentals of marksmanship and the history of the beginning of the Revolutionary war. They teach you proper sight alignment, shooting prone, standing, and kneeling also how to breathe and squeeze the trigeer. It is a long day/weekend with lots of shooting (500 rounds or so). They try to teach shooting out to 500 yds, based on small targets as you only shoot from 25 yds. Had some fun when I did it, but was laying in the mud as it was raining and I had given that up after the military :). Hope this helps.

Now that's the info I was looking-for, thankyou very much!

When I had gone to their site I found very little info and actually saw something about libraries also. Click on the link in the first post up top and then click on the information link, you'll see what I mean. There was info about when and where the event is, but no information about WHAT the actual event was all-about. Now we can finally see what it is we are missing-out on. I will keep an eye on these events, looks like something very useful to do.

M4BGRINGO - everyone else beat me to it! Everything I've read, on their website and other forums, really has me interested and everyone who's posted something online has all said it's a worthwhile couple days of shooting. I'm also a bit of a history geek, so that aspect of it really appeals to me too!

Check out a ranger report I wrote up last year. Did another this year... just a great way to spend two days... for a little bit of cash.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/15243-appleseed-shoot-report/page__p__202125__hl__appleseed__fromsearch__1#entry202125