Cemeterys Gun Blob

2012 Presidential Candidates on the 2A

With 2012 Presidential elections coming up fast, from a 2A pov, who is any good. Sure the LSM is saying Romney is contender for Obama, but you have to recall that it was Gov Mitt Romney that gave Massachusetts it's current anti gun laws, and he ain't shy from saying what he thinks of 19th century based semi auto technology :nono: .

But we have a nice run down of these folks over at The Truth About Guns;

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/06/aaron-jossie/2012-candidates-on-gun-rights/

*sigh*

:facepalm:

Ron Paul would get my vote, however, I think that it would be better to take the lesser of two evils. If Paul doesn't have a chance to win, and his votes merely detract from a candidate with a better shot, then it might be better to vote for the safer bet. That is, assuming Paul runs independently or whatever he did last time. Of course, Obama has changed the game, and I worry now any old white male will simply be written off. The republicans really need their equivalent to a JFK, a young, good looking, well spoken man who can really win people over, while maintaining conservative values. Unfortunately, I don't think they have anything like that.

Obama has changed the game, and I worry now any old white male will simply be written off. The republicans really need their equivalent to a JFK, a young, good looking, well spoken man who can really win people over, while maintaining conservative values.

It's all about the Rock Star image (hence no Billary), and the Republican's don't have any fresh blood.

It's all about the Rock Star image (hence no Billary), and the Republican's don't have any fresh blood.

They do, but the media has and will destroy any of them.

Between Obama's color, and him "killing OBL", I highly doubt he won't be in office for a second consecutive term.

By the time the election comes around, "killing OBL" will be an afterthought. You live in the "this second" generation. If it didn't happen in the last 2 seconds, it's forgotten. That's good, and that's bad. IMO, for Obama, it's the worst of the worst. The economy will NOT turn around appreciably between now and November 2012. Gas prices are near all time highs. Unemployment is near all time lows. These things are in the present, in the fore front. Had he been able to keep the "killing OBL" in his back pocket until October 2012 (and October surprise) he might, MIGHT have had a chance.

Time will tell though, if the R's can't put forward a reasonably articulate, smart but not condescending individual, who will unite the base, then the party is done for IMO and you will see droves of people moving to some sort of third party whether it be Independents or Tea or whatever.

By the time the election comes around, "killing OBL" will be an afterthought. You live in the "this second" generation. If it didn't happen in the last 2 seconds, it's forgotten. That's good, and that's bad. IMO, for Obama, it's the worst of the worst. The economy will NOT turn around appreciably between now and November 2012. Gas prices are near all time highs. Unemployment is near all time lows. These things are in the present, in the fore front. Had he been able to keep the "killing OBL" in his back pocket until October 2012 (and October surprise) he might, MIGHT have had a chance.

Time will tell though, if the R's can't put forward a reasonably articulate, smart but not condescending individual, who will unite the base, then the party is done for IMO and you will see droves of people moving to some sort of third party whether it be Independents or Tea or whatever.

You have a GREAT point, and I completely understand where you're coming from. However Obama has a certain group of followers, which will remain unnamed, who will vote for him no matter what. That's not guaranteeing his seat in office, however it does make him a pretty heavy contender for it.

You have a GREAT point, and I completely understand where you're coming from. However Obama has a certain group of followers, which will remain unnamed, who will vote for him no matter what. That's not guaranteeing his seat in office, however it does make him a pretty heavy contender for it.

Keep in mind, african americans did not elect Obama, moderates did. Statistically african americans tend to vote democrat so having a black candidate does nothing to change that. This is still a center-right country and Obama ran as a moderate during his campaign. Now he has about three years and his record is very clear. From the unaccountable and unelected czars and the ultra liberal justices to the constant vacationing in a time where americans were losing their homes, to the constant apologizing for the US. The moderates have had it with this guy.

The POTUS is suppose to be a leader for us, and lead us into making this country great. This guy is more worried about how the world views him, with his constant appeasing and apologizing for american arrogance. It is not a done deal, but he is definitely beatable with a decent candidate.

I love Ron Paul but he looked too decrepit to win the people over in my opinion. I hate Romney because from his flip flopping on health care and guns he just appears to me like your typical RINO politician, BUT! he does have experience in the matters of business and private sector jobs so that he a huge plus for him among moderates. What I am more worried about aside from the economy is the justices on the SCOTUS. If Romney gets in would he appoint conservative justices? The next few years may be crucial in the realm of gun rights with the carry suits from multiple states eventually making its way up to SCOTUS. Imagine for a moment if Gore or Kerry had won the election and we didn't have the 5-4 majority to secure our most fundamental rights.

Keep in mind, african americans did not elect Obama, moderates did. Statistically african americans tend to vote democrat so having a black candidate does nothing to change that.

95% of African Americans voted for Obama. Yes, I understand that minorities are more likely to vote Democratic, but I HIGHLY DOUBT that Obama being a Democrat is what got 95% of African Americans to vote for him. I have never been more disgusted with politics than when Obama was elected into office. Not because we have an African American president, but because of what it caused. T-shirts, shoes, commemorative plates, action figures, the man has a damn Chia-pet made after him! It's disgusting, since when did becoming president entail any of that?

Let me just clear something up. I am not upset that we have a black president, I am upset that we have a president who got elected in because he's black. I would be 100% content if the rest of the presidents are black, as long as they are the MOST QUALIFIED person for the job. Skin color, gender, religious beliefs....doesn't matter to me, as long as that person puts their heart and soul into helping this country, which was the original intended purpose for the President of the United States.

My father says it best. "Anybody who WANTS to become President should automatically be taken out of the running."

95% of African Americans voted for Obama. Yes, I understand that minorities are more likely to vote Democratic, but I HIGHLY DOUBT that Obama being a Democrat is what got 95% of African Americans to vote for him. I have never been more disgusted with politics than when Obama was elected into office. Not because we have an African American president, but because of what it caused. T-shirts, shoes, commemorative plates, action figures, the man has a damn Chia-pet made after him! It's disgusting, since when did becoming president entail any of that?

Let me just clear something up. I am not upset that we have a black president, I am upset that we have a president who got elected in because he's black. I would be 100% content if the rest of the presidents are black, as long as they are the MOST QUALIFIED person for the job. Skin color, gender, religious beliefs....doesn't matter to me, as long as that person puts their heart and soul into helping this country, which was the original intended purpose for the President of the United States.

My father says it best. "Anybody who WANTS to become President should automatically be taken out of the running."

Kerry got 88% of the black vote, BUT Obama got blacks to come out and vote in much great numbers.

Ron Paul would get my vote, however, I think that it would be better to take the lesser of two evils. If Paul doesn't have a chance to win, and his votes merely detract from a candidate with a better shot, then it might be better to vote for the safer bet.

These are my feelings also. If you vote for Ron Paul you may as well vote for Obama. Paul has a favorable (to our eyes) stand on guns but I can't agree with his stick our heads in sand isolationist view of dealing with the rest of the world.

Who's better? Someone that has a chance of winning. I'm still looking and see how things develop.

I'd rather have someone who gets a B on gun issues that's for smaller government and lower taxes than someone who gets a A for guns and wants to get into our wallets and everyday lives deeper.

Michelle is good, I like her.

She's too pretty. The left will come out and smear her, portray her as dumb, or anything else to keep a conservative woman down. What blows my mind is how many other women are simply jealous and will not vote for a woman prettier than themselves.

She's too pretty. The left will come out and smear her, portray her as dumb, or anything else to keep a conservative woman down. What blows my mind is how many other women are simply jealous and will not vote for a woman prettier than themselves.

Funny, but it's true.

Sarah Palin got destroyed by the media because of her beauty, beliefs, and lifestyle. I'm sure there are plenty here who don't like Sarah but I always liked her and still do. But since the media is what it is, she'll never be in the picture. It's a shame too, as she would be perfect.

*Gasp* You MUST be joking!! A woman would never be that petty.....

Obama got elected because his campaign was a gazillion times better than the other candidate's campaign plain and simple. McCain was horrible and appeared untrustworthy (don't they all?) plus he is old as dirt. It also didn't help that a republican, George Bush, and his administration pretty much destroyed this country the 8 years prior to Obama, pretty much guranteeing that a Dem would win no matter who the candidate was. Everyone acts like the country was moving along GREAT when Bush was in office which wasn't even close to being the case. Has Obama done a better job than Bush? That depends on how you look at it. I think McCain would have done an even worse job than Bush.

Personally, I don't like ANY politician who thinks its okay to remove my right to protect myself with a firearm. However, with that said, he was the better choice at the time. And Ron Paul, while I like SOME of his politics, i'd NEVER in a million years vote for him because he is a racist.

America has a lot of problems that cannot be fixed overnight. Whoever is at the helm will catch a seriously bad rap regardless of how they do.

It also didn't help that a republican, George Bush, and his administration pretty much destroyed this country the 8 years prior to Obama, pretty much guranteeing that a Dem would win no matter who the candidate was. Everyone acts like the country was moving along GREAT when Bush was in office which wasn't even close to being the case. Has Obama done a better job than Bush?

8 years? More like the last 4.

His last 2 were bad but not as bad as the clown we have now, yet the media won't say that. Bush was destroyed in the media so we can get a far left loon in the white house. And they succeded.

• Like 2

8 years? More like the last 4.

His last 2 were bad but not as bad as the clown we have now, yet the media won't say that. Bush was destroyed in the media so we can get a far left loon in the white house. And they succeded.

Really??? Only the last two??? Wow! Can you say Iraq??? What happened to those magickal disappearing wmds? Gas prices, yeah, remember those? They were in the $4-5 range when he was in office. The biggest outsourcing movement occurred during bush's reign which pretty much decimated the middle class IMO. Read my lips, "no new taxes" oh yeah, they edited the part out where he said for his "have mores" at the end of that sentence cuz they were the only ones who didn't get new taxes. Oh yeah, lets not forget about the expensive a** war on terror that we cannot afford. My bad, that just started in 06' right?

And who can forget the housing bubble??? That occurred only during his last two years???

I can go on and on and on about his screw ups. Oh yeah, and for the record, I VOTED FOR BUSH BOTH TIMES because he was the lesser of the two evils BOTH times. I don't claim EITHER party but i will say I'm definitely more to the right.

His first go round, you couldn't have given me a billion bucks to vote for gore. Have you ever read his book earth in the balance? He wanted to increase foreign aid to country which shall remain nameless at this time to $100 billion per year! He also wanted to get rid of the internal combustion engine by get this, raising gas prices to $5 bucks per gallon by the end of his first term!

Obama, while not being the best president has been far better on key issues than Bush has been and McCain would have been.

Trust me, I don't approve of Obama's bailouts AT ALL, neither do i agree with universal health care AS IT STANDS NOW.

I playfully say this to you when I say you guys have to be kidding me if you think bush was better than Obama. The mere thought makes me chuckle.

And one more thing, if I had to say which party is worse than the other I'd say the left has things wrong a lot of the time. However the right has big issues too, but I find myself agreeing more with right politics.

I wish people would stop saying they won't vote for Ron Paul because he will "pull votes" from other candidates that "have a chance". If everyone stopped thinking that and actually voted for the guy, our country would finally have a chance.