Scottcba1

In the market for a 9mm again!

After thinking long and hard I sold my SR9 to another forum member tonight so I am back in the market for another 9mm. I'm thinking about a 9mm 1911 but the prices are way up there and out of my league. Trying to stay around the $500 range...maybe a bit more for the right gun. What are everyones opinions/thoughts. Anyone own the RIA 1911 in 9mm? I see them listed for a reasonable price.

-Scott

the 1911's in 9mm you are looking at the smith, kimber, and springfield. all about 1k?

the RIA have not toyed with. The STI Spartan in 9mm should be mid 600's, good gun.

If you want a cheaper alternative, look at the Browning High Powers... think of it as a high capacity 1911 in 9mm. :icon_e_wink:

the 1911's in 9mm you are looking at the smith, kimber, and springfield. all about 1k?

the RIA have not toyed with. The STI Spartan in 9mm should be mid 600's, good gun.

If you want a cheaper alternative, look at the Browning High Powers... think of it as a high capacity 1911 in 9mm. :icon_e_wink:

Thanks for the info....dont you have the springfield? I remember shooting it a while ago and it was awesome. I missed out on a browning in the market place on here just a few weeks ago. I will keep an eye out for it though. Thanks again Maks!

-Scott

A 1911 in 9mm is really soft shooting and cheaper to shoot then its 45acp counterpart. The Spartan is a great choice and STI stands behind their product.

If you dont go the 1911 route then consider the Springfield XD series. It falls within your budget. There are lots of aftermarket upgrades and gunsmith tweaks you can do later on to customize it to your taste.

If you are looking for a 1911 in 9mm, your cheapest choice is what Luis said "+1 for STI Spartan 1911 in 9mm for 650 at www.dawsonprecision.com"

If you want something else, consider (in no particular order) Glock, M&P, XD, and CZ. They all make fine handguns in 9mm. I personally don't like Beretta's and Sigs.

Personally, I would go with a 1911.

If you are looking for a 1911 in 9mm, your cheapest choice is what Luis said "+1 for STI Spartan 1911 in 9mm for 650 at www.dawsonprecision.com"

If you want something else, consider (in no particular order) Glock, M&P, XD, and CZ. They all make fine handguns in 9mm. I personally don't like Beretta's and Sigs.

Personally, I would go with a 1911.

I have the 92FS and it is accurate and reliable to the point that I remember a few years ago I had a malfunction. However, the Glock, M&P, XD, and CZ are good choices also. The Glock is good if you are handy since there are endless after market mods and accessories available. Also, +1 for the Spartan. Save your money, get a quality pistol and you'll only cry once.

Thanks for all the great info guys. The STI looks awesome but it is too much money for my budget right now. Maybe I can find one used if I search hi and low. I would like to shoot a beretta 92 if I can meet up with some guys at SS next tuesday night.

-Scott

The beretta 92 is a bit out of my range for a new one. Still watching for nice quality used one. I have been researching the Rock Island Armory 1911 Tactical model chambered in a 9mm and am very interested for the prices I have seen them at. Anyone seen/shot this gun? If not the 9mm version anyone own the 45 version?

-Scott

The beretta 92 is a bit out of my range for a new one. Still watching for nice quality used one. I have been researching the Rock Island Armory 1911 Tactical model chambered in a 9mm and am very interested for the prices I have seen them at. Anyone seen/shot this gun? If not the 9mm version anyone own the 45 version?

-Scott

If you don't mind used you can get them for around $400.

I just got a 92G. I haven't shot it much, maybe 150 rounds,

but I can't see how that thing can jam. It ate my 9mm wad

cutters which were actually very short. My Sig 228 could

not get through a mag without jamming a couple times. The

92 chewed them up and spat them out.

There's also a used Glock 17 Gen 4 on sale in the marketplace

for around the same price.