What the he!! is that, never saw one before. Looks like a fish and an eel got together and made whoopie :icon_lol:

An import from Asia that has become a top predator in rivers and streams in the US since being introduced several years ago, now eating through several indigenous fish species,frogs and some say rats.Ironically they offer some firm, white,flaky flesh that even stands up to a grill.

I'm buddies with the game warden and I send him the pics. I have 2 adults and about 1000 babies. I wanted him to tell him coworkers I had em before I killed em. Just incase for any reason they wanted em. We did behead 1 adult. If he gives the go ahead the adults will be dinner and my caribe piranha will be eating baby snakeheads for a while. I killed a bunch of babies but decided to hold off til I got word.

c825efec.jpg

Gold fish pond is now a snakehead pond

2ffc1f56.jpg

8b9fed4e.jpg.

That bucket was 1 net full

Anyone Else catch any snakeheads? My buddies and I caught quite a few yesterday. 3 adults and probably netted 1000 babies. None made it back into the lake though.

52919c3a.jpg

We get them in the Salem Canal and now in the tributaries off the Delaware. Bad news...those things destroy everything. None ever should make it back alive....nice work!

Is it true they can survive short periods of time out of water and wiggle there way to other bodies of water?

Those things are brutal.

They are proported to be able breath air and live out of water for up to 5 days just a long as they are in a wet environment. Also to be able to move on land because of their tough scales and strong fins.

Snake heads are indeed bad. America is loaded with species from all over the world.

Rats are not native to the USA and neither are the most common (now) brown sparrow.

They are both gifts from Europe.Snakeheads will change our ecosystem. From what I've been told on a TV show they were introduced in our rivers and lakes in large numbers by people wanting the same type fish to eat as were found in the native lands and as old pets dumped.

Oddly enough comming home from the shore today I noticed a nice stand of bamboo growing on the side of the GSP.This is another invasive plant that is released via homeowners planting a tiki bar!!! Bamboo propagates via runners so when planting it please place a boarder around it at least 2 feet deep. And snakeheads are now here to stay but please kill all you catch !!!