MarkWVU02

BCM 16" Middy

Was about to order the Carbine length and give up waiting when I got an email that the 16" middies were back in stock. I'm now waiting on the shipping confirmation for the upper and a gunfighter charging handle. This is the start of my build that I'm hoping to complete by the end of the summer (if not sooner). Probably going to order a Magpul MOE kit from dsgarms when they come back in stock. Don't know what BCG I'm going to go with since BCM's are never in stock. Heard aimsurplus has Daniel Defense BCG's back in stock so I may jump on that. the lower will probably be Spikes. Don't know what LPK kit to go with so I'm open for suggestions...was thinking PSA for price alone, and I've heard they make a good product. I'm open for suggestions so let me hear them...that's why I'm on a forum anyway haha

for those looking for the 16" middy here's the link BCM 16" Middy

Will probably be picking your brains a lot. Going to need someone to permanently attach the brake (I have a yhm phantom good? yes/no? why?), grind the lug and pin the stock. I heard Paul at Arms and Ammo does a great job. Might try to pin the stock myself and save some loot. I may look for some help assembling the lower since this is my first time. Will ask for help when I get to that point.

I've fired it on more than one occasion in both semi- and full-auto and the thing was an absolute dream to shoot. With only a standard A2 flash hider on it. I THINK (?) you probably can't use an A2 flash hider in NJ in most cases, but my point is that the A2 FH is not as good as other stuff you CAN use in NJ. And it was an absolute dream to shoot anyway.

I've fired it on more than one occasion in both semi- and full-auto and the thing was an absolute dream to shoot. With only a standard A2 flash hider on it. I THINK (?) you probably can't use an A2 flash hider in NJ in most cases, but my point is that the A2 FH is not as good as other stuff you CAN use in NJ. And it was an absolute dream to shoot anyway.

Yep! I can attest to the fun of this upper, especially in FA thanks to Ed. :)

Only difference is mine is a 14.5" middy with a BC 1.5

I'd love to try that again :D

Upper receiver just arrived today. Looks good but I'm pretty new to AR's so I'm no expert. Have a Palmetto State Lower ordered (need to call them tomorrow to make sure the FFL sent them their license). Wish I had the money to move faster on this build.

Wow, I was waiting for BCM BCG's forever. I instead bought a Denny's "Thunderbolt". From what I've researched it should be at least equivalent to LMT or BCM, and at a nice price. I received it this week. Looks great, hope to shoot it soon. My link