Scrap

Primary Arms 7x Magnifier

Just seen, this is quite new- It's Primary Arms 7X Magnifier which apparently has the same adjustments that make the "Deluxe 3X Magnifier" 'deluxe' ... So it's a 'Deluxe 7X' with available Flip-to-side mount... AND I Checked... I can/we can fit say my Aimpoint Micro w/ Daniel Defense tall mount, the magnifier FTS mount, and the Magpul MBUS on the receiver's top A3 rail. I think this is just great! I never bought the 3X magnifer, I wanted it it's just it didn't do it for me, and the 5X wasn't "deluxe" but- I hear this is pretty good stuff and the PA People are awesome, I asked all about it last sunday night, got an email response first thing this morning.

If anyone has exp. with PA Magnifiers please sing out.

• Like 1

It makes sense to me so that's all that's important. Krdshrk - http://primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=1643&categoryId=9 There you go buddy. $99 bucks, add on the flip-to-side mount, it's $138.l

I will say this. I've talked to a TON of people who LOVED RAVED PRAISED the deluxe 3X Magnifier, but just OK'd the FTS Mount. There is a few videos on YouTube including one quite extensive, the Gent had an EOTech? I believe, replete with EOTech magnifier, he said he could find NO Appreciable difference except the $600 ~~ or so he had in the EOTech magnifier, and sold it after he bought the PA 3X Deluxe, basically said he used the $500 for more gun stuff and was extremely happy. But like I said, the LaRue mount get a lot more praise, but it can be $125-$250 depending. I don't need that much ... I just want this to mess around with. $139 sounds damn good to me.

• Like 1

Scrap, enlighten us nonbelievers. Tell us how it makes sense. Im wondering what Im overlooking?

Because if you are missing, it is because the target wasn't big enough!!!

So if you miss with a red dot, you must need a 3x magnifier.

If you miss with a 3x magnifier, you must need a 5x magnifier.

If you miss with a 5x magnifier, you must need a 7x magnifier!!!!

Although, I imagine the 21 MOA dot from magnifying it 7x makes seeing anything you are aiming at kind of hard. My guess is that the really pricey true 1x scopes are trying to get to 6x and 8x at the top end, so they are offering a product for the cheap bastard who wants all the must-have high-speed, low-drag features, but can't be bothered to actually pay for them. The cheap chinese stuff is a good way to test drive without having to offload $2500 of scope for $2000 a couple months later.

<br />Scrap, enlighten us nonbelievers. Tell us how it makes sense. Im wondering what Im overlooking?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You need the 7x magnifier to see the tears of your friend when you hit him with your airsoft M4 on which this magnifier is mounted on... Duh!

I'm not quite sure why the attitude was necessary, twice, I have been nothing but cordial to you. In fact I believe I was particularly cordial when trying to do business with you, but you had set prices and would not budge, and your response was "Find the same thing with a better price and please show me. " So unfortunately I did not find your special mount you made for the Special Forces available, I did however find the Aimpoint Micro R-1's on sale for $299, so I was able to get two of them for less than one of your 'special deals'. Now I am reading insults from a few who , now are not only insulting me but Primary Arms as well as "cheap Chinese knock-offs". Its funny, the several people in this thread might be the only people I've ever heard/read speak negatively about Primary Arms. Almost UNIVERSALLY the internet firearms forums sing their praises and the contact I have had with their people in the two years I've been a buyer, has been par none.

But now that I am interested in, Check that- Interested in ASKING ABOUT PEOPLE'S EXPERIENCE WITH that are forum posters here, the Primary Arms magnifiers and not only have you something negative to say, you make sure you follow up directly to me with an extra remark. You stay classy, San Diego.

I already think of you and laugh when I look at both my Micro R-1's I got at such a remarkable price because I refused to cave into your personal messages that I would not find a better deal anywhere absolutely not. Well I waited a few weeks, and as I have no night vision or even the ability to go as deep underwater as the T-1 can go, I got a much better deal. Thanks though, in a way I much appreciate it, I would have been So P#$%$E'd at myself if I bought your hot deal instead of two R-1's for $299.99 each.

And lastly, it makes sense to me, that's all that matters. And judging from the reading I've already done with the magic thing called Google, everyone else agrees but a few here so, that just further cements my wanting one. Thanks buddy!

• Like 3

Because if you are missing, it is because the target wasn't big enough!!!

So if you miss with a red dot, you must need a 3x magnifier.

If you miss with a 3x magnifier, you must need a 5x magnifier.

If you miss with a 5x magnifier, you must need a 7x magnifier!!!!

Although, I imagine the 21 MOA dot from magnifying it 7x makes seeing anything you are aiming at kind of hard. My guess is that the really pricey true 1x scopes are trying to get to 6x and 8x at the top end, so they are offering a product for the cheap bastard who wants all the must-have high-speed, low-drag features, but can't be bothered to actually pay for them. The cheap chinese stuff is a good way to test drive without having to offload $2500 of scope for $2000 a couple months later.

Correct me if I'm wrong but would'nt a 7x magnifier magnify the 3moa dot and the field of view equally ? in which case the dot would still be effectively 3 moa in relation to the target.

A red dot with zero magnification is great for quick target aquisition at close to medium range .Adding a magnifier would make it effecive at much longer range. a flip mount or quick release would allow the best of both .

thats the way i always understood it to work.

Scrap, you need to put yourself in check and right quick. My posts are unedited, please indicate where tha attitude is? please show me where I bashed primary arms? I made a statement that I didnt really see the application for going from no magnification to 7X. You said it made sense to you. I asked what the application was, what was I overlooking? This is called a conversation. In essance Im asking you to pursuade me of the merits of 7X magnification. It really has nothing to do with primary arms. Im asking about the use.

Since you want to discuss your purchase attemps publicaly. If your still upset you couldnt afford the deal I offered, I dont know what to say about that. I sold out. It was an excellent deal. But those that are in business understand that you simply cant sell items for less than you pay for them. Your offers were below cost. You can laugh all you want. The R1 and the T1 are not the same thing. If the R1 meets your needs, thats great. I didnt have any R1's to sell because those we sell to require night vision capability so we never order R1's.

Scrap, your simply out of line for attacking me, but you have shown your true colors and I too am thankfull that you did not buy from me.

• Like 1

s8n, yes it does work in ratio like that BUT to what end. Here is why I dont really track the usefullness. 7X theoretically will give you the magnification to take a shot out to 800 yards roughly. Well.... a)3 or 4 moa dot is simply waaay to course in my opinion for that range shot unless your shooting a vehicle. b) its a red dot so you have nothing to judge holdover at that range so accuracy will be sorely lacking. c)If you apply it at closer range, say 200 yds Im betting you have seriously constricted your FOV. If the objective is target ID, well I'd rather have a pair of Bino's instead of something weighing my rifle down. If you look at something like the new S&B 1.1X8 you will find that the dot shuts off and switches to a reticle once you start adding magnification.

A magnifier works well for it's intended use. I think where the disparity is setting place is the need to use a 7X magnifier. I personally could understand a 3X (5X would be pushing it), as it stretches the capability to SEE the intended target (note: NOT engage) beyond just the 1X. However, as Shane pointed out, at that point a pair if binos would be far more effective.

Nobody is telling you what to do, Scrap. You could spend a million dollar on useless crap to put on a rifle, it doesn't really matter to me nor anyone else.

You just fail to actually respond to a legitimate question by deflecting and then attacking the person who questioned your apparent awesomeness. Further, from your recent posts after returning, you are sounding like a tool and a bit of a jerk.

I would recommend staying off the koolaid for a bit, and then reconsider different ways you can actually contribute to this community. There is a difference between not taking yourself too seriously (note: Ray), and being a nuisance to everyone and making the community look outright bad.

• Like 2