Jeff

Explain red dot sights...

I'm in the military and what I can tell you in regards to a red dot is only my experience. I like to consider myself an above average shooter. I have shot expert every year with iron sights, averging 36/37 shots out of 40. The last three years my unit started using red dots with M4's. I have never shot 40 for 40 but my average did go up to 38. I find it most helpful on the 300m pop ups. In the past I had to use all the time alloted and every ounce of breathing control for the 300m targets. I really had to slow down and focus. With the red dots I was much quicker. Put dot on target, breath, hold, fire, target down. It's so much easier for me now. With targets up close 50m or less. Red dot's really don't come into play that much unless you are trying to shoot for accuracy. The military teaches you to hit center mass to kill your enemy. We are no so much concerned about bulls eyes for points etc. So with shorter targets, point, aim, fire. Target is large enough where it should be hit and go down. I think as stated before they are designed for acquiring and engaging targets quicker.

I really like the Red Dot site I put on my Ruger 10/22 for target acquisition, it is awesome (for that).

Now, it is a cheapy, cheapy site. I would love to hear from others on brands they have, what type of gun they have it mounted on, the price, and what they think of it.

I got what I paid for and it is fine for the purpose, but I would like to get a "real" site for one of my rifles. What are you using on your CX4 Anthony? Bet it didn't cost you $50. :)

I really like the Red Dot site I put on my Ruger 10/22 for target acquisition, it is awesome (for that).

Now, it is a cheapy, cheapy site. I would love to hear from others on brands they have, what type of gun they have it mounted on, the price, and what they think of it.

I got what I paid for and it is fine for the purpose, but I would like to get a "real" site for one of my rifles. What are you using on your CX4 Anthony? Bet it didn't cost you $50. :)

just irons on the cx4 as of now.. I hit steel COM out to almost 200 with very little effort.. but eventually that will have an aimpoint on it as well.. i had considered an eotech and still might try one if one floats around cheap enough.. but if i had my choice.. aimpoint.. no question..

There is that saying once again: Good ain't cheap and cheap ain't good!

Those Red Dots you guys listed above are a pretty penny. I'll keep an eye open for deals on them. Not against spending the money for one, gotta pickup a few more guns first!

There is that saying once again: Good ain't cheap and cheap ain't good!

Those Red Dots you guys listed above are a pretty penny. I'll keep an eye open for deals on them. Not against spending the money for one, gotta pickup a few more guns first!

3 guns.. worked to your exact specs.. the perfect optic.. that premium light option.. that rail section that is just a little more sturdy... is IMO worth more than 500+ basic guns.. i just keep several guns around that are EXACTLY what I want.. I mean if I had the money to do stacks on stacks of customized guns.. then yeah that would be different.. but since I dont I pick guns that work well in certain applications.. and try to own the most reliable firearm I can afford in that class.. and then purchase the highest quality accessories I can.. the Aimpoint for example on my Saiga cost more than a NIB Saiga.. but I know if I leave the optic on by accident.. 4 weeks later when I pick up the gun and need it.. that thing will be shining just as bright as it was the day I put it in the safe.. I know that I can blast through rounds and count on the optic retaining zero.. lack of parallax... there are so many reasons to spend good money when it comes to an optic.. but I am that way with all my goods... Id rather have a few that are PERFECT.. over lots of..