Mr.Shoot_It_All

watched a random nutnfancy vid

Yes, he talks alot. Yes, he repeats himself. Yes, his facial expressions are weird. Yes, his voice hurts my eardrums after a while. BUT, he reviews cool stuff, his video's are top notch, the camera work is great, and he gets the poin across.

Hate or love'em, I still watch.

• Like 1

It would be nice if someone showed him how to use a "tactical" 2-point sling correctly...

That said, I still watch from time to time... There are so many people on youtube that are trying to emulate him, and most of them do a p*ss poor job... I may find him somewhat annoying, but his reviews are pretty detailed. But mostly, his channel (and a bunch of other youtube channels) are a good way to kill 20 minutes while I'm eating lunch at my desk at work.

It would be nice if someone showed him how to use a "tactical" 2-point sling correctly...

That said, I still watch from time to time... There are so many people on youtube that are trying to emulate him, and most of them do a p*ss poor job... I may find him somewhat annoying, but his reviews are pretty detailed. But mostly, his channel (and a bunch of other youtube channels) are a good way to kill 20 minutes while I'm eating lunch at my desk at work.

Well I sat through that video to see his awful use of a two point sling. I only saw him wearing a single point sling or none at all. So what are you talking about. IMO there's something critically wrong with every sling ever made. So pretty much all of them are use what works best for you however it works best. There isn't much "right" out there on tap in the sling world.

If the guy is going to be on youtube, he needs to get less butthurt by people making comments. He's definitely a bit of a whiner when he starts complaining about people who don't agree with him.

Watching his rant there, I can say I agree with a lot of his philosophy of try it and see what works for you. I disagree with a lot of his conclusions, or at least how he presents them.

I don't particularly care for him, but I do give him my respect (for the most part). He does things that people simply don't. I do find a lot of his exploits to be a bit self-serving at times, but he has a point when he calls people out.

With that said, I'll only watch his vids if there is something very specific I wanted more information about. I do wish he would condense his reviews from like 45-50 minutes to 15-20 minutes (preferably less), but for the most part that stuff is quite helpful.

Well I sat through that video to see his awful use of a two point sling. I only saw him wearing a single point sling or none at all. So what are you talking about.

IMO there's something critically wrong with every sling ever made. So pretty much all of them are use what works best for you however it works best. There isn't much "right" out there on tap in the sling world.

I wasn't referring to the link in this thread.. I never actually clicked on that one... I was referring to how I've seen him do it in other videos I've seen, but your comment made me second guess myself so I had to go find what I thought I saw... luckily, I'm not going crazy

Scroll to about 8 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QOK0MQCr1o&feature=channel_video_title

I agree tho - all slings are a compromise of one sort or other.

If you want to be a public figure, and have people respect the work you do, you need have much better public speaking skills then this.... Like DUDE!!!... Ok, i say dude probably more often then i should, but its not at the beginning and ending of every sentence!!! I can take it for only so long... this guy needs to take a public speaking class lol, i'm serious, any respectable person would realize they sound like a moron, no matter how much effort and good information their getting across.

This guy's public speaking skills are right on key with Paul Sr., Um yeah ya kno, umm the idear here was um ya kno umm to make it look like ummm yeah like ummm...

Ok maybe hes not that bad buts it annoying.

the thing is the gear reviews pretty cool but i cant take him anymore at all much rather watch old hickock45 stuff or the plethora of other gun vid guys.

hickok45 is becoming my favorite reviewer.

Anybody ever watch "kickedintheballs2000"? He actually has decent video's too.

Looks like he hasn't done a new vid in a year

The "Military Arms Channel" (aka Sturmgewehre) isn't too bad for gun stuff. http://www.youtube.com/user/Sturmgewehre

He's been doing a bit too many AK videos as of late, but I try to not hold it against him.

I wasn't referring to the link in this thread.. I never actually clicked on that one... I was referring to how I've seen him do it in other videos I've seen, but your comment made me second guess myself so I had to go find what I thought I saw... luckily, I'm not going crazy

Scroll to about 8 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QOK0MQCr1o&feature=channel_video_title

I agree tho - all slings are a compromise of one sort or other.

Uhh, he has is on him in a manner so he can walk around with it slung muzzle down on his back. It's a perfectly valid thing to do. When he is actually shooting, he isn't using it at all. Seeing as he is going to be playing with a handgun while being video taped first, I can't really blame him for that choice, especially if it is what came on the gun, and it isn't the type of sling he prefers. Unless you know you are going to be going prone, for knocking around muzzle down is safer, and he wants it on his back cause he's planning to do other things. Just because he wasn't using it for much of anything doesn't mean he doesn't know how.

Like I said before, rifle slings seem to be the biggest mishmash of compromise, and I'm not going to blame anyone for using one "wrong", as I can take pretty much any sling system, ask it to do something valid and not contrived, and it will suck at it. It' will usually do some other valid thing way better than it's competition, but then suck at something else.

One more for sh*ts and giggles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbLKFMKshXQ

(about 6:30 in and again at 9:00)

But, fair enough Raz. All your points are valid. I still think there are much better ways to run a 2-point, but maybe for what he does, running it the way he does works for him, and I can't really knock him for it I guess