Maksim

USPSA Match At CJRPC Sunday, July 10

Mr_shoot_it_all I have a double mag pouch from Blackhawk for double stack mags that you can borrow. I guess easiest way is look for me in parking lot. I have a silver VW GTI. I'll wear a UStraining center hat to make it easier to find me.

Heater_Bob: I have 4 chip mcormick 10rd and 3 Wilson 10rd 1911 mags. Your more then welcome to em if you want. I'll have them in my bag- also I have a SERPA holster for a full-size 1911 if you need holster. Plus single and double 1911 mag pouches. I'm using a glock so your welcome to whatever you need.

second sunday idpa... all in all a blast. if i unlazy myself i may get around and post vids.

i used 87 rounds total 20 dollar non member all the stages were also rifle as well for the ar guys out there it was cool watching people run the same stage diferent platform.

I didn't know that idpa matchs allowed rifle.. I never have done one but I gather much different then uspsa. Would it be a bad idea to do first ipda with a rifle? Or were people using both?

.. I'm always looking for excuse to use my AR in a match

Vlad and Matt as always ran a good Match, and as always the biggest problems were the heat and sunlight..which i guess is much better than snow if you think about it.. Slav, Hopefully you can tweak your "Infernal Machine" (Pat. Pending on the name BTW) and get it's operation and setting smoothed out for the Sept match. All in All it was a GOOD Day.

Special kudos to our own Maks, for the stage he designed. It was my favorite of the five presented and the first one that "flowed" for me. Also my first experience with a Texas Star. Good thing it was close and slow.

Everyone was basting themselves regularly and dosing themselves with plenty of liquids. Considering it reached 89, it wasn't too bad - except for the lack of shade.

I'd like to try a Shongum match, but Saturdays can be problematic.

Walk-in IDPA tomorrow night (Monday 7/11) at Ready, Aim Fire in Bristol, PA. 4 PM to 9 PM - no entries after 8 PM

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Overall a good day. It was hot but not unbearable and we got out of there at a reasonable time. Got to meet a few more forum members too.

It was my first star as well and it took 7 rounds to take it out. Can't complain about that.

Matt,

nice meeting you and other members today. I had a lot of fun and learn a lot about the sport.

See you next match, Cheers.

Chris

No problem. What's at OB today? I shoot there for the 4th Sunday USPSA so offer stands for then if you would like to borrow the pouch.

Chris, was a pleasure meeting you.

Bob, thanks for the warm comments. =) Made getting up and out earlier well worth it to hear such feedback.

Marlon, Ryan, Keith, Mike, Ronny, Luis, and apologies to whomever I missed, was great seeing you there.

Matt, Vlad, thanks for taking more time to put on a match that ran very smoothly, short of one stage.

second sunday idpa... all in all a blast. if i unlazy myself i may get around and post vids.

i used 87 rounds total 20 dollar non member all the stages were also rifle as well for the ar guys out there it was cool watching people run the same stage diferent platform.

PLEASE tell me there was no steel involved. IDPA keeps damaging, destroying, and generally being irresponsible with the USPSA gear they borrow for that match. The steel can't take that kind of abuse and is expensive.

Special kudos to our own Maks, for the stage he designed. It was my favorite of the five presented and the first one that "flowed" for me. Also my first experience with a Texas Star. Good thing it was close and slow.

Everyone was basting themselves regularly and dosing themselves with plenty of liquids. Considering it reached 89, it wasn't too bad - except for the lack of shade.

I'd like to try a Shongum match, but Saturdays can be problematic.

Walk-in IDPA tomorrow night (Monday 7/11) at Ready, Aim Fire in Bristol, PA. 4 PM to 9 PM - no entries after 8 PM

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Maks' stage was very nice, it definitely had decent flow. The texas star was really a texas star light. The MGM star sucks in many ways. From a shooting challenge standpoint, the worst part is that you get to shoot two plates before it starts spinning, so as long as you pick up the third ok, you wind up with two wobbling slowly at the bottom. Which isn't much of a challenge at all.

I'm glad to see everyone was hitting the water. The water coolers we put out usually aren't that tapped by the end of a match, even when they should be.

Maks,

Thanks for warm welcome and answering my newbie questions.

Definitely worth the 1.5 hr driving.

Chris, was a pleasure meeting you.

Bob, thanks for the warm comments. =) Made getting up and out earlier well worth it to hear such feedback.

Marlon, Ryan, Keith, Mike, Ronny, Luis, and apologies to whomever I missed, was great seeing you there.

Matt, Vlad, thanks for taking more time to put on a match that ran very smoothly, short of one stage.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/_ve4M4UsJQo?rel=0

The rest of my post disappeared. To make a long story short, although everyone bitched about stage one I get the idea behind it and give it an A for effort. The above video is from stage one.

The idea was a good one, and the activator design, seems good as well, problem is that something like that needs to be tested on a small scale, not on a match day. Mind this is NOT a dig at Slav in any way, his devious (devilish perchance?? ) mind keeps the game Interesting.

Oh, and YVW Maks, Anytime my friend.

Since my longer post ended up in the abyss somewhere...

In my squad was Slav,Jim Norman and John Tew (sp?). We had a new guy AD on the fifth stage and get DQed. Sucks. I'm glad I got the opportunity to watch John shoot. Impressive and I learned some things as well.

I rocked my 20 dollar cart and it worked out pretty well. Just need to weld or bolt on something to hold an umbrella. Thankfully my friend brought me an umbrella at about 1130. Zip tied it on. Those few minutes here and there in the shade made a big difference. Thank god she pulled thru on that one. I drank at least a gallon of water at the match, a huge frozen coolata from Dunkin on my way home, and another bottle of water when I got home. I was still dehydrated. I didn't even eat my sandwich that I brought for lunch until 8 at night.

My cousin picked up ammo on Saturday from a guy in Edison that runs steel matches. 11 bucks a box 9mm and 15 for .45. He grabbed .45 instead of 9mm for me so his GF ran to the store on the corner of the street that CJ is on. She asked for 9mm and they gave her 2 boxes of .380 for 27 a box! So she runs back out and he gives her blanks. She looks at them and tells him they are blanks. Oops So next up she comes back with an old crusty box of Remington 9mm hollowpoints for 25 bucks. I suggest never going to that store. Luckily I had enough ammo in my bag so now I have some nice 9mm home defense rounds!

As for stage one, I know everyone bitched but the idea for a delayed activator is a good one. It let's us slower guys be able to actually get to the swinger or disappearing target in time. Yeah it was a bit complicated but it was the first run for it. After some refining I am sure it will work better. So like I said I give it an A for effort. Luckily my squad was the first ones on that stage so we didn't get held up.

That's about it for now for my review of the day.

Luckily my squad was the first ones on that stage so we didn't get held up.

We finished stages 4 and 5, then went over to stage 1. Your squad was still shooting it and the group that started on stage 5 were all sitting around waiting. We had to sit and wait for part of your squad and the entire next squad. I was the last shooter in my group for that stage, so it was about an hour and a half between my last shot on 5 and my first on 1.

Luckily I used this time to have an SRT field installed in my P226. (Thanks Gary!)

I saw some chairs with a shade built in on top. Gotta find where to buy those!

I bought this one at Sports Authority on Friday night. It was labeled as $29.99, but it scanned at the register for $4.97. :icon_mrgreen: I ended up buying two, but I may go back and get two more. (BTW, the Springfield, NJ SA only has the display model left).

I was going to post this in the Hot Deals subforum, but I wasn't sure if all SA stores had them on clearance. Seems sturdy enough, especially for 5 clams, and it was great to have at the match this past Sunday.

img2583ie.jpg

I bought this one at Sports Authority on Friday night. It was labeled as $29.99, but it scanned at the register for $4.97. :icon_mrgreen: I ended up buying two, but I may go back and get two more. (BTW, the Springfield, NJ SA only has the display model left).

I was going to post this in the Hot Deals subforum, but I wasn't sure if all SA stores had them on clearance. Seems sturdy enough, especially for 5 clams, and it was great to have at the match this past Sunday.

img2583ie.jpg

I absolutely HATE those chairs. Not the built in shade part mind you. It's like sitting in a hammock. I also hate how it folds up. I remember winning 2 chairs like that in a bar once. I think they said Miller Lite on them. I told them to keep them. I don't know why I hate them so much but damn do I hate them! hahah

However if you like the chair, you were one of the smartest guys there. Shade was at a premium. I remember seeing that chair at the match.

I'm confirmed and will be there. I'm a new shooter and this will be my 1st event ever - please be gentle.

Uhhh, dude, this was last Sunday 7/10.

Mayhaps you are thinking of the IDPA match this Sunday 7/17, at SCFGPA????