mipafox

Christie and Sweeney

No my brother. WE got punked . While those dirtbags busy building their political careers and getting their pockets full with money, the people of this state are left out high and dry. Our governor is an act..... A good one but still an act. Our state is a freaking theater. And all his actions are just gimmicks. I work with the state on the daily basis. Its never been this bad. Nothing is getting done. Nobody cares. Corruption went up. U don't think ur taxes will go up with ALL these tax cuts >>> they will. Do you think the state services will improve>>> they got worse. So what did the governor do for this state?

• Like 1

I'm actually going to toast CC today. Line item veto used as it should be, no new taxes promised and delivered, I wonder what other programs with little or no good to NJ could be eliminated by next year. I'm sick of good people moving out and tax suckers coming in. Step one of what hopefully will be a long tradition of cuts until tax money suckers move to other states and I can afford to live here.

• Like 1

I'm actually going to toast CC today. Line item veto used as it should be, no new taxes promised and delivered, I wonder what other programs with little or no good to NJ could be eliminated by next year. I'm sick of good people moving out and tax suckers coming in. Step one of what hopefully will be a long tradition of cuts until tax money suckers move to other states and I can afford to live here.

Man i hope you don't get your hopes up, but we can dream.

If the November elections show a strong republican win I predict the big man will make a run against Obama.

I hope not. Fat a** Christie is no friend to gun owners. He is to liberal socially to be electable on the national stage. It would make it term two for Obama.

• Like 1

He motivated me to make changes to my life in order that I could exit NJ in a timely fashion. THANKS CHRIS CHRISTIE!!!!!!!!!

Me too!

I am currently sending out my resume to TEXAS employers!

My wife is going there for job training shortly and Im tagging along (resume in tow).

Looking to get the F outta here and enjoy my FREEDOM elsewhere!

Me too!

I am currently sending out my resume to TEXAS employers!

My wife is going there for job training shortly and Im tagging along (resume in tow).

Looking to get the F outta here and enjoy my FREEDOM elsewhere!

Good luck... My house has been for sale for 6 weeks and only two people have come through. One was ready to make an offer and then came to his senses that he wanted to look in PA. I hold not hope for this state.. BTW, our taxes went up another $300 this year.

This is the problem, many of us are voting with our feet by moving out of this State. I have three more years (son in HS) then I will probable flee to PA. What a shame that we have to uproot to continue our lives.

This is the problem, many of us are voting with our feet by moving out of this State. I have three more years (son in HS) then I will probable flee to PA. What a shame that we have to uproot to continue our lives.

see you there... :icon_e_wink:

It is a little ironic. Firearm enthusiasts come to an NJ gun forum and get educated in the fact that they have to leave NJ (if they had not already decided), thereby bleeding forum membership and the cause.

Christie is quickly becoming a dictator. When he speaks, there isn't a thing he says that I believe. Sooner or later he's gonna make a pitch to take our guns away. When he does he'll find a way to do it by 'Executive Order'. He'll probably find some loophole about 'public safety'. I'm tellin' ya, he scares the crap out of me with the way he does things. As far as budget cuts, it sounds like a great idea. I'll bet ya a dollar that we'll not see any reduction in our taxes. Look at the details with this budget. He made cuts but he increased spending in favored areas.

An example of abudget cut: The Vineland Developmental Center was scheduled to be closed. It costs us a lot of tax money to run a place like that, but can you turn your back on those people who live there? They have no means to survive in the world and most have lived there for many years. The workers there will have tough time finding a job with the training they have. Workers like this aren't putting a big chunk of their paycheck away for the future. They probably spend most of what they make. They spend it to buy goods and services from the rest of us. When they can't buy from us, we end up with less to spend on what we want or need. Any time you close services like this, you lose jobs and that results in less money being spent in the economy. We all get hurt if our taxes don't go down significantly.

When I say 'down', I mean down a lot. Suppose Christie stands up in front of a TV camera and says "every tax payer in NJ will get a $500 tax cut this year". People will be slapping him on the back saying "oooo' and aaah". You can only imagine how he would crow about that. It would be great political ammo wouldn't it? Now think about the reality of what that $500 would do for you. How significant would that $500 be in your spending habits? It sounds good but the fact is, it won't make up for customers that don't buy your goods or services. It might do a little for the economy but it won't make up for those lost jobs.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't cut spending. This state does stupid things like letting people take a government job while collecting a pension for a different government job. State construction projects are good things because there again, the money that workers earn gets spent in the economy. However some of the projects are so damn ridiculous. One such project is the job at rt 49 and rt 55. There would typically be a backup on rt55, during the summer months, on Friday nights. The backup would essentially shut down one lane of 55 for two hours or so. The project not only adds the third lane but changes rt 49 from one lane to two lanes eastbound for about 1/4 mile. All those cars end up in the same one lane they used before. By the way, most of that traffic is out of state traffic headed for the shore.Not only that but they extended the job to include an area to the west which never sees any affect from the shore traffic. So, for the sake of a two hour backup on maybe 12 Friday nights, the state is spending $10 million. They say "well, it's grant money". Yeah, grant money from a public question that we passed. It's still tax payer money. If they can borrow from funds like pensions and unemployment, then borrow from these funds too. At least spend it on projects for NJ taxpayers.

I don't have all the answers. I wish I did, I'd run for office. I don't trust any of these people. I think we need to "clean house" and dump some of these 'sweetheart' deals.

I read this forum because I like guns. I don't read it for political issues and I wish that political topics didn't exist here. However, I've been quiet for too long and I had to speak up.

is it really?

He mowed down a series of Democratic add-ons, including $45 million in tax credits for the working poor, $9 million in health care for the working poor, $8 million for women’s health care, another $8 million in AIDS funding and $9 million in mental-health services.

But the governor added $150 million in school aid for the suburbs, including the wealthiest towns in the state. That is enough to restore all the cuts just listed.

And, cutting mental health services always leads to homelessness and more crime.

The truth is this guy can't win no matter what he does. He said, straight up, he'd make hard choices because NJ requires it. I applaud that he's done just that even if I don't agree 100% with each and every cut.

For everyone bitching about it, write to your representatives or CC himself and let them know what you want and how you think they should fix NJ. Otherwise, empty words.... Take part in the process or just resign yourself to being part of the problem.

• Like 3

Time has proven to me that the mentally ill follow the funding, and they can move to NYC or CA. I'd be willing to go out on a limb and call 50% of mental illness laziness. I don't live in a city and love school funds returning. Create an environment where tax sucking is more difficult and get my vote.

• Like 2

I'd be willing to go out on a limb and call 50% of mental illness laziness.

:facepalm: Classic example of why funding gets cut.

What is Mental Illness?

The term "mental illness" actually encompasses numerous psychiatric disorders, and just like illnesses that affect other parts of the body they can vary in severity. Many people suffering from mental illness may not look as though they are ill or that something is wrong, while others may appear to be confused, agitated, or withdrawn. Mental illnesses are often disorders of the brain that disrupt a person's thinking, feelings, mood, and ability to relate to others. Mental illness can manifest in a persistent depressed mood, unrelieved anxiety, or an inability to cope with the ordinary demands of life.

Mental illnesses can affect persons of any age, race, religion, or income. It is a myth that mental illness is a sign of weakness or defect in character and that sufferers can get better simply by "pulling themselves up by their bootstraps". Mental illnesses are (illnesses) as real as heart disease and cancer and they require, and respond to, treatment. As a diabetic may control their diet, make changes in their lifestyle, or take insulin, so a person with mental illness may need to assess their lifestyle, make changes, or take medications. Counseling and other mental health and community services can provide support and stability, contributing to recovery. (For more information, refer to www.nami.org/illness).

ref

An educated gun owner and gun rights advocate needs to know the difference, because if the state isn't looking after the mentally ill, and they can't make the money to pay for insurance, then the mentally ill can get guns. Guess what laws come next?

People with actual mental illness have my sympthy and I don't mind contributing to social programs. It happens that NJ is chock full of fakes and cheats. The only people who could stop the cheats don't do it because their budget will go down. Now funding is cut and it's time to start justifying paychecks and programs for the lazy ones.

People with actual mental illness have my sympthy and I don't mind contributing to social programs. It happens that NJ is chock full of fakes and cheats. The only people who could stop the cheats don't do it because their budget will go down. Now funding is cut and it's time to start justifying paychecks and programs for the lazy ones.

More than half of the papers you fill out for a FPID have to do with Mental Illness.

Mentally ill people have difficulty holding jobs. They have little or no insurance. State programs to care for the metally ill are they only way to help them.

If there are no programs to care for them, no money for professional services, they get no record and no help. That means that that mental health release form really means nothing when it comes to finding the worst case people.

Continuing to lump "lazy" with "ill" when it comes to funding is throwing the baby out with the bath water. The FPID forms don't ask if you are lazy.

Have trouble holding down jobs my butt. They just find it easier not to work. They should do a study on how many hold their jobs with no financial support structure, then help them with a new job. Business should be the ones getting money for allowing them to work. Severe cases get help directly.

edit: I'd like to just say that I agree with the programs on a theoretical basis. I think years of zero responsibility have diminished their usefulness or rather their efficiency. It is very unfortunate that it has to be all or nothing. Perhaps a way to self regulate can be devised other than more patients or users of a program equaling more funding.

Edit 2: what I meant with mental illness being laziness was meant to mean that ppl being clasified as mentally ill should be scrutinized further.

The truth is this guy can't win no matter what he does. He said, straight up, he'd make hard choices because NJ requires it. I applaud that he's done just that even if I don't agree 100% with each and every cut.

For everyone bitching about it, write to your representatives or CC himself and let them know what you want and how you think they should fix NJ. Otherwise, empty words.... Take part in the process or just resign yourself to being part of the problem.

If it's something i learned living in NJ is that they don't listen, they usually have a personal agenda and nothing anyone writes changes that. They are supposed to be representatives, and should listen to the public but i have yet to see an instance where they took public opinion and tried to reason with it... And when they do listen to the public it's usually out of desperation. When the whole country was looking at the treatment of Aiken they had to do something, if it was just NJ complaining i'm pretty sure he would still be sitting in jail. CC doesnt even listen to the senators or the people who should be speaking for us, what makes u think a personal written letter will ever reach his eyes?

If they can borrow from funds like pensions and unemployment, then borrow from these funds too.

:stop: The word borrow... means they would have to pay it back, and well NJ doesn't borrow money, they just steal it from the tax payer. They have already borrowed from both these funds and bankrupted them both.. Lets please learn from the past, they just overhauled the pension system so i'm gonna say NJ keep your grubby hands off. As for unemployment, if you cant find a job in under 6months, the state should give you one like cleaning up roads and parks...its really stupid to just give away free money when NJ could use some cleaning up. Half the people i know on unemployment have under the table jobs.... again talk about double dipping and NJ's irresponsible way of taking care of any program.