Cemeterys Gun Blob

ALERT: ****CASH FOR CLUNKERS****

Looks like Jersey City will be having it's cash for clunkers on Saturday July 16, and Saturday July 23rd, from 12p to 4p.

Cash rebate amounts and locations TBD.

http://www.hudsonreporter.com/view/full_stories_home/14693543/article--Healy-announces-gun-buyback-hours-after-residents-demand-city-action-on-crime-?instance=up_to_the_minute_lead_story_left_column

UPDATE: Here's a flyer for the event > http://www.cityofjerseycity.com/uploadedFiles/Homepage/Operation%20Lifesaver%202%20revised%20flyer.pdf

Looks like $150 per handgun, and $100 per rifle.

I got two clunk revolvers that will fund ammo for USPSA!!!

7/18 UPDATE: Article on the Cash for Clunkers program with a photo of a bunch of clunkers.

TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY FOR THE CASH FOR CLUNKERS PROGRAM. A FEW PEOPLE HAVE BENEFITED FROM THIS, HOW ABOUT YOU?

UPDATE: JERSEY CITY COMPLETES IT'S CASH FOR CLUNKERS PROGRAM

http://www.hudsonreporter.com/view/full_story/14791644/article-Giving-up-the-guns-City-completes-Operation-Lifesaver-II-gun-buyback--residents-applaud-?

Cam and Co were talking about this last night and Cam nailed it. He refuses to call it a gun buy back because illegal guns turned in were not "purchased" by the individual forfeiting the gun. And to buy back something implies you had legal ownership rights in the first place.

the money they will spend could have paid for 1 or 2 cops walking a beat for a year

Or for basic firearms training for the non-criminals.

Is there anything illegal about going there and offering $200 for grandmas old luger (with valid PP) before she gets to the table to turn it in?

Nothing stopping you that I know of...except OGAM. You can only do it once, make it a good one!

Sorry guys to you that don't like these guns for cash but I have two rusty pieces of trash handguns that will finance my new Bersa Thunder. I just cannot pass up a deal this good. Thanks for posting the flyer, nice touch.

Sorry guys to you that don't like these guns for cash but I have two rusty pieces of trash handguns that will finance my new Bersa Thunder. I just cannot pass up a deal this good. Thanks for posting the flyer, nice touch.

Yeah, I have an STI spartan that won't feed worth a damn. I'll use the funds for the Taurus Judge full size!