I have relatives and friends who hunt Coyotes on there farms in PA and NY(orange county)all the time. In PA you can always here one or two shots a day everyday. They hunt fox and yotes 365 around there.The conservation officers do not bother them unless they take game like deer or turkeys out of season. A pest is a pest and most understand that fact.

I have relatives and friends who hunt Coyotes on there farms in PA and NY(orange county)all the time. In PA you can always here one or two shots a day everyday. They hunt fox and yotes 365 around there.The conservation officers do not bother them unless they take game like deer or turkeys out of season. A pest is a pest and most understand that fact.

PA hunting laws can vary from year to year. They sometimes have a season on fox. Even when it was open season otherwise, you couln't hunt them during whitetail season. Coyotes are considered varmints (not game animals) and as such are open season - as defined by PA.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

That's bs. How mwny people have destoyed their car or got hurt by hitting a coyote? Then again there wouldn't be so many deer wandeeing around if developers would stop destoying their habitat for town houses by me. Too bad there is no open season on them...

The one caveat in PA is no semi-automatic rifles are allowed for hunting. Semi-automatic shotguns may be used, with shot size no larger than #4 buck for coyote. Coyote is classified as a furbearer per the PGC. You need a regular hunting license to hunt coyote. During whitetail season, a regular hunting license AND a big game tag are required to hunt coyote. During the whitetail season you also need to wear the required 250 sq. in. of fluorescent orange during the required times.

Classification of "game animal" constitutes some sort of open/closed regulated season for such. Fox, while a furbearer, also falls into this classification per the PGC. While there is no bag limit on take, and there are specific dates for both trapping and hunting fox. Coyote has no closed season in PA. They can be hunted 365 days/year provided the necessary guidelines are followed.

(Note: Search "Furtaking Seasons & Bag Limits" in the PGC 2011-2012 Hunting & Trapping Digest for specifics)

2011-2012 PGC Digest

New York has specific open & closed seasons for coyote and fox. Both are classified as a furbearer and have varying season dates. Coyote has the longer season date, extending from Oct. 1st to Mar. 25th. Both shotgun and rifle can be used for furbearers pending other seasonal/territorial guidelines. There is no bag limit for either species during the hunting/trapping season. Woodchuck is an animal with an open hunting season in NY. They are categorized as "rodents."

Fox

Coyote

I have all intensions of bagging a few. My inlaws live out in farm land and they have been getting them in their yard. Their seems to be a bunch in the woods around the house. My father-in-law bought a varmint gun and I'll use either my ar or .17 hmr depending on the situation. I'm considering buying a .223 bolt action and tossing a scope on it.

Coyote's are everywhere. Saw another dead one on the southbound GSP just a few weeks ago between exits 172 & 171. When small dogs are reported missing in our area I know why. There are fox everywhere here too. We had a bear killed on the GSP in June, and another made the local news a few weeks ago. Last night my son hit a large-racked buck in Montvale coming home from work, a happenstance that's bumming him out right now. You don't have to go to the "wilderness" to find wildlife anymore.

While I have seen a few red fox in Berkeley and out in Island Beach State Park, I have never seen a coyote in Jersey. Maybe I am too far south? My brother sees bear in his back yard all the time up in Budd Lake.

We had a Red fox den up behind the neighbors house this spring. Holy crap do they make a lot of noise.

The cute little ones appeared for a few weeks and now are gone.

Last night a big bear was just walking down the road and staring at me. Looked female to me. I got some pictures.

A big fat deer was snoozing in my yard last week when I got up for work. Got pictures of her too.

A few turkeys seem to appear every few days.

All this and I've never seen a Coyote up here.

I'm in The ramapo Mts we had a yote break into a guys house to give birth this spring just a block from me. A few dogs go missing every year and my dog was 8 feet from a bear in my yard last fall. I see fox every morning on my 5 am drive through Franklin lakes and can hear yotes up in the mountains when I'm on my deck late at night. Forget the deer population around here we need a traffic light for them all. Right now I'm battling with a pesky groundhog that keeps getting into my garden. If it was in PA I would handle it but here I'm only on a 1/2 acre and noise is a concern.

The other night my mother inlaw was woken up by a howl and the sound of nails tapping on thier walkway. My daycare I have my daughter in is on the same street and when guys are driving deer the get coyote run through their yard. Also a cat lost it's tail during the winter.

This is where they live in Salem county. It's deff coyote country. I had one run across the road at night but that's it. I'll try and find the masive dear shot down the road from them in the 80's

ab6f45dc.jpg

0b7f6e2b.jpg

shawnmoore im down for a night hunt....i tried in atco this year for the first time and could hear them running around me but didnt get a shot. if theres enough room we can go next season. i think its a $2 permit and can hunt 24 hours a day. it was cool being out there with just moon light. i did buy a electronic caller, gun mount light, and a bunch of other things. lmk

The other night my mother inlaw was woken up by a howl and the sound of nails tapping on thier walkway. My daycare I have my daughter in is on the same street and when guys are driving deer the get coyote run through their yard. Also a cat lost it's tail during the winter.

This is where they live in Salem county. It's deff coyote country. I had one run across the road at night but that's it. I'll try and find the masive dear shot down the road from them in the 80's

ab6f45dc.jpg

0b7f6e2b.jpg

Wow you are near quality Koi. I always wanted to check that place out.