JonF

A kangaroo running on a treadmill

Recently, i ordered some ammo from a popular online vendor and decided to have some fun. Their order form, like many vendors, have a " Order comments" section for any special instructions you might want to give. I decided to make an additional request to see if they had any sense of humor. It's simple, but they played along. :D

IMG_20110723_174430.jpg

IMG_20110723_174456.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• I have a Springfield 1903 that I inherited long ago.  It was my grandfather's, my father's and finally mine but I know little about it! I also have the original bayonet that it came with.  It's made by Springfield and the serial # is 249839.  I have been told it's unsafe to shoot at that #. I have found that this 1903 was actually made in 1903 and has a casehardened receiver. I know that myself and my descendants have never fired it. The rifling looks brand new for a 119 year old rifle! I know nothing about it's value, how to judge it's condition, etc.  I put a few quick pics below and would appreciate any guidance you could give me.  
    • That paragraph describes the method of securing a firearm when being transported under a number of clauses in that section. You have to read the whole thing. It begins with: So look back to see what 2C:39-5 says about handguns and rifles/shotguns: Note the 2 underlined parts. If you have a permit to carry a handgun, possession of a handgun is not a crime. Therefore, you cannot be exempted, because there is no offence to be exempted from. However, almost nobody ever gets a permit to carry a handgun so almost all of us have to work under the exemptions for handguns. If you have an FPIC, possession of a rifle or shotgun is not a crime. Therefore, you cannot be exempted, because there is no offence to be exempted from. Notice that there is no mention of a loaded handgun, therefore all handguns are treated the same, loaded or not which is how carry permit holders can carry loaded handguns - it is not until you are forced to transport under the exemptions that being unloaded is required for handguns. However, possession of loaded rifles or shotguns is specifically called out as an offence. The thing you may realize from this is that if you have an FPIC, you do not have to adhere to 2C:39-6.g and can have the unloaded rifle or shotgun uncased. That is not to say you wouldn't potentially get jammed up under another charge, such as causing a public alarm or disturbance if you were walking down Main St with it on a sling, but you're not committing a firearms offence per se. Now go back and read what HE and I have said before - do not take my word for any of this. I am not a lawyer and this advice is worth no more than what you paid me for it. Read the whole of 2C:39 and 2C:58 and the relevant parts of the Admin Code, and then decide for yourself whether you believe me or need to ask someone who is actually qualified to explain this.
    • The statutes for transporting firearms do not specify handguns, but seem to apply to all firearms?   2C:39-6 g.   Any weapon being transported under paragraph (2) of subsection b., subsection e., or paragraph (1) or (3) of subsection f. of this section shall be carried unloaded and contained in a closed and fastened case, gunbox, securely tied package, or locked in the trunk of the automobile in which it is being transported, and in the course of travel shall include only deviations as are reasonably necessary under the circumstances.
    • Passed my online exam, but no field sessions available yet. And can I bring a 12-gauge shotgun only, or do I have to use a muzzleloader too?   When do they resume? 
    • I have that same S&W 686 6 shot in a 2.5 barrel, and I keep it at arm's reach at night from my bed loaded with 38 +P HP ammo. 357 ammo has too much recoil in a 2.5 barrel for home defense.