Pizza Bob

Major KB with Reman USAmmo

Don't want to be a wet blanket, but I know many of you took advantage of the Gearhog coupon deal and bought some USAmmo. This catastrophic failure took place with a S&W M&P15 in 5.56. Here's the ammo (reman by USAmmo) being used...

USAammo 223 55 gr FMJ Lot #2906113.

EDIT: Here's another Lot # that just caused a KB at a PA range: 99061135

At this point I think all 5.56/.223 ammo from this vendor should be suspect. Apparently the company is making good on the destroyed rifles.

In the same article, the CEO of USAmmo admitted that, "...some of his ammo has been overpressured due to "Western" powder supplier using powders with faster burn rates." In this same shooting session, the shooter that had the KB had a friend that was shooting an AR-10 with USAmmo with 175 gr match bullets and he experienced many stuck cases - which would be indicative of overpressure loads.

If you ordered 5.56 ammo, make sure you check the lot number against the above. No lot # given for the .308 - sorry.

Be careful.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The full article with pictures can be found at The Firearm Blog

• Like 2

Old Sage!! - How much was this bargain ammo? Just wondering if it was cheaper than the generic white box stuff from a major manufacturer. An if not why anybody would use it.

Any injuries? Liabilities and law suits?

That's why I like to roll my own.

When my 9mm arrives I will mic the brass then shoot and mic it afterwards to make sure the expansion isn't too bad. I'll also check for brass smilies (not just for Glocks :)) and flattened primers, then will post the results.

All I said, was wow imagine that a failure with an AR. Just sayin :icon_rolleyes:

We know what you said. If you weren't trying to imply anything then you wouldn't have posted it at all. Don't play ignorant.

• Like 2