bry@n

Texas Hold Em tournament for a cause

Okay, so here is the idea.

10 tables @ ten guys per table. $120 buy in (round about #)

Includes food, beer or soda and the raffle ticket to win one of the ten hold em tables at the end of the night.

$20 goes to food and tables $100 to the kitty. Can buy back in for the first 30-60 minutes at a reduced rate after the 60 minutes, no rebuys.

Kitty is split 50/50 5k to prizes and $5k to charity.

Charity is a 2A charity say the NJ2AS and the ANJRPC or maybe just the NJ2AS....gotta finalize the idea.

Can also hold a 50/50 while the game is going on.

Every 15 minutes blinds go up and at some point there will be an extra ante to be sure the game moves along and not drag on.

We would have dealers deal, so it's not players dealing themselves. Dealers are not allowed in the game at all. So they are volunteers or they add to the bottom line.

What say ye? I have done this with other charity's and it works well. You just have to get the people and get a hall, room, legion or elks etc.....to hold the venue. There is an added cost there and hopefuly the $20 will cover that also.

I'm interested. Would prefer something closer to $100.00, being a poor college student and all. I'm sure you would get a strong turnout if it all works out. Every joe now thinks he's a real card-shark since they've been airing the WSOP on TV regularly.

I'm interested. Would prefer something closer to $100.00, being a poor college student and all. I'm sure you would get a strong turnout if it all works out. Every joe now thinks he's a real card-shark since they've been airing the WSOP on TV regularly.

I would prefer something closer to $100 total because I am a cheap bastard.

I have done this with other charities and it's usually a 50/50 split.

$120 each guy and looking for 100 people.

$20 food, drink, raffle

$100- $50 to charity and $50 to prize fund.

On top would be about $2-3k maybe $2500 and then the other $2500 would be broken up to either the top 5 or top ten.

This is one of those things that brings people for the top prize but most at the final table will get something.

Some more food for thought, while $120 is not that great in the grand scheme of things, it would be easier to reach a higher number with a lower buyin. Say even $50, $40 going to charities/pot, and $10 for food/place.

Other options, since we are a gun community, instead of cash prizes, what about vendor prizes, such as gift cards to vendors, accessories, heck, even forum stuff, or memberships to NJ2AS.

great potential.

I will see what I can do but right now Verizon is in full strike mode and unfortunately I am cover 100 miles of work for guys that are on strike duty. I have the ideas but if people could help out, we can get this rolling. In absence of help, I will obviously need to prioritize my time to work.

pm me if you wanna help.