Bello

Benelli M4 Pistol Grip for sale

They had told me that in new jersey a semi auto shotgun as the benelli m4 can have a pistol grip stock as long as its not adjustable... i was told this by two people there. they have it hanging up right above a saiga 12 center show rack for 1535.00 was talking to ray ray and we both were wondering the total legality of this as per rules.. if this is true i will buy a non adjustable pistol grip for my m4 asap!

Rob

:icon_e_confused: Adjustable pistol grip?

:icon_rolleyes: You dragging into Ray Ray into this thread?

:thsmiley_deadhorse: A New Jersey peasant can not possess any semi-auto shotgun that has a pistol grip.

• Like 1

bullethole just confirmed they do in fact have said pistol grip equipped shotgun for sale..

and it is OK because "this particular shotgun the pistol grip is part of the stock.. so it is OK" I do not read the law like that.. but if you wanted to roll the dice..

• Like 1

I am really shocked they are selling this gun..

"Assault firearms" means:

3. A semi-automatic shotgun with either a magazine capacity exceeding six rounds, a folding stock or a pistol grip;

or a semi-automatic rifle with a fixed magazine capacity exceeding 15 rounds. For purposes of this paragraph,

"semi-automatic" means a firearm which fires a single projectile for each pull of the trigger and is self-reloading or

automatically chambers a round, cartridge or bullet. For purposes of this paragraph "pistol grip" means a well defined

handle, similar to that found on a handgun, that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, and which

permits the shotgun to be held and fired with one hand;

I mean it specifically says "held and fired with one hand" which is really a stretch for THAT gun.. but I am pretty confident I could hold that gun and fire it with one hand.. as far as the definition it seems fairly clear..

:icon_e_confused: Adjustable pistol grip?

:icon_rolleyes: You dragging into Ray Ray into this thread?

:thsmiley_deadhorse: A New Jersey peasant can not possess any semi-auto shotgun that has a pistol grip.

i said its not adjustable re read!

and ya i was talkin to ray cause he didnt believe me fugg it ima buy a pistol grip non adjustable

bullethole just confirmed they do in fact have said pistol grip equipped shotgun for sale..

and it is OK because "this particular shotgun the pistol grip is part of the stock.. so it is OK" I do not read the law like that.. but if you wanted to roll the dice..

Told you RayRay

With all do respect, how the hell can a pistol grip be adjustable or non-adjustable. Do you mean the Stock is non-adjustable?

i fixed my post yes pistol grip adjustable stock he said is a no no; give them a call see whats up your a dealer correct?

i fixed my post yes pistol grip adjustable stock he said is a no no; give them a call see whats up your a dealer correct?

No reason to call. I know what the law says.

ETA: If that dealer is interpreting the grip as not being under the action, more power to them.

Until they sell the shotgun to a civilian who doesn't konw any better, and their license gets taken away.

or worse yet.. until they sell it to a civilian who is arrested for an AW violation..

I do not know that the defense "the shop sold it to me" is relevant... I mean it may ultimately exonerate you of the charges.. but it does not mean that it will happen quickly or smoothly..

No reason to call. I know what the law says.

ETA: If that dealer is interpreting the grip as not being under the action, more power to them.

Agreed. I would assume that is how they are interpreting it. The pistol grip is behind the action but it is also lower than the action. "Lower than" and "protrudes conspicuously beneath the action" are not technically the same. I wouldn't advocate volunteering to restrict yourself if it is not illegal, but in this case it is too questionable to take a chance.

I remember a retired police chief was telling me he bought an m4 from a police trade in and had to change from the pistol grip stock to a non pistol grip stock to make in NJ legal. This guy was also the head firearms guy for the prosecutors office. His interpretation on the law is the benelli m4 pistol grip stock is a no no. Although what an awesome shotgun. Wish I had $1500.

don't know if ALL of you saw the outcome..but bullethole has since learned the gun is in fact not OK to sell in NJ....

Just wondered, from whom? And do they have it in writing to go with the gun when sold?

The 1990 law was clear on this. It was 1996 NJAG Verniero that muddied the water by issuing a guideline that contradicted it. Of course, that guideline was recently adapted into the admin code by the current administration.