71ragtopgoat

Concealed carry to mail box

It means when someone lives 99% of their life unarmed and is still above ground, yet feels compelled to carry a firearm for three hours at a sporting goods store in Pennsylvania, they've been spending too much time on the internet.

Is it anything like "normalization of deviance?"

Yea I'm pretty sure he had a good idea of what it meant. SWG45, you need to get your sarcasm detector fixed.

IE my wife having to defend herself in our home using my pistol or shotgun..

If your wife is using a firearm in your home, it would be to defend herself from death or grave injury, wouldn't it?

My question for you, is, even if said action is illegal, would you seriously allow your wife to be killed or gravely injured in order to abide by NJ's unconstitutional laws?

• Like 2

If your wife is using a firearm in your home, it would be to defend herself from death or grave injury, wouldn't it?

My question for you, is, even if said action is illegal, would you seriously allow your wife to be killed or gravely injured in order to abide by NJ's unconstitutional laws?

Although I've disagreed with this guy before, this is something I see eye to eye about.

It means when someone lives 99% of their life unarmed and is still above ground, yet feels compelled to carry a firearm for three hours at a sporting goods store in Pennsylvania, they've been spending too much time on the internet.

:locomotive: Wow, finaly someone makes sense.

of course not, its there to be used if needed i would care less at that point, however this was the 1st time i have heard about this issue..

I think that in the heat of the moment, no it's definitely a no-brainer....use the damn gun. But IF it could potentially be an issue, now would be the time to start the process of getting his wife her OWN gun to hopefully avoid the legal issues.

I'm not condoning anything in this thread, and I personally took it as a whimsical "what-if" game to be played with NJ gun laws, nothing more.

What's with the rhetoric on how the thread is pointless/stupid/should be locked/etc? Don't have anything nice to say just don't say it. Its a free forum, and anything goes lest it's inappropriate or illegal.

If people don't like a thread, then don't read or respond to it, or create your own new thread to discuss your counterpoints on how you feel on the subject of people posting content that you personally feel is silly and shouldn't be on the forums. We'll see how far that one gets!

• Like 1

I'm not condoning anything in this thread, and I personally took it as a whimsical "what-if" game to be played with NJ gun laws, nothing more.

What's with the rhetoric on how the thread is pointless/stupid/should be locked/etc? Don't have anything nice to say just don't say it. Its a free forum, and anything goes lest it's inappropriate or illegal.

If people don't like a thread, then don't read or respond to it, or create your own new thread to discuss your counterpoints on how you feel on the subject of people posting content that you personally feel is silly and shouldn't be on the forums. We'll see how far that one gets!

I agree. I always like exercising the what if. If nothing else, these threads highlight the idiocy of the NJ gun law statutes.

go read the OP... sounds like a pretty specific serious question to me...

and to answer you.. the problem with that is this... sometimes perception is more important than reality.. what I mean by that is.. I have read more than one post made by the OP.. and he comes across as a pretty stable normal person who happens to be a gun owner.. but when others on the outside (those who troll sites like this) read things about carrying unloaded guns out to the mailbox hidden on your body in an attempt to "practice" that is something that reads kind of strange..

and maybe even more to the point..

4+ pages ago the answer was provided.. on your property nothing is going to stop you.. loaded.. unloaded.. concealed.. not concealed.. so this is why I stated 2 pages ago.. to just let it go already..

that's all..

imo of course.. :icon_e_wink: