BigBlueQ

Am currently getting hailed on!

My area had some freakish lightning strikes, more so then usual. This house has been struck twice already (in prior years), and we had a few close calls today (most-all electronics were on the fritz throughout the episode). Otherwise, just had rain to supplement, and it's been cool and clear since it blew past around 8.

Marble sized may not, but golf ball sized sure does!

I got caught in a freak hail storm about 5 years ago in NH that destroyed 6 car dealerships inventory, collapsed the roof of a Walgreens, went through house windows and A/C units, and did this to my car.

7faa26b7.jpg

f76fc3fa.jpg

That is not water, that is broken glass and dents in the windows and hood respectively.

That storm narrowly missed my gf's house, which at 9pm I was driving to last night.

I have never seen so much lightning in my life. Usually it thunders then will lightning, then a minute later the same thing. There were lightning strikes about every 5 seconds making the sky look like day light for at least an hour. It was insane!

Oh yea, Golf ball and larger will take out a lot of stuff, luckily we don't get that too often as some parts of the country. By the way you never, and I mean ever want to get caught in a hail storm on a bike, rain feels like hail, hail feels like you getting shot over and over, not fun.

Harry

We got hit with pretty bad lightining/thunder last night up here in north eastern Essex. No hail - but some rain.

We're getting hit with round 2 right now. It's almost pitch black outside at the moment with a good amount of lightning and thunder (altho not as bad as last night yet) and the rain just started.