david8613

looking for an affordable red dot for beretta cx4 storm

Primary Arms Micro Dot should be low enough to co-witness on the CX4: http://www.primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=402&categoryId=419

They have a few aimpoint knock offs that might work if you get them with a low mount.

One of the members here (RayRay) has this Burris on his CX4 http://www.burrisoptics.com/xts135.html and it seems to work well

Haha, OP stated specifically:

looking for an affordable red dot for beretta cx4 storm, I like those aim points but they are so expensive.

Wouldn't make much sense to suggest an Aimpoint, let alone the T1 model, haha.

I too give a nod to Primary Arms. I'm a long time customer of theirs, and have a PA RDS myself, and works just fine.

Haha, OP stated specifically:

Wouldn't make much sense to suggest an Aimpoint, let alone the T1 model, haha.

I too give a nod to Primary Arms. I'm a long time customer of theirs, and have a PA RDS myself, and works just fine.

it is all relative..... I was going to get the PA one because I do think it is a good product from what I have read.. and I had ruled out the higher end optics.. but then I stumbled onto a used trijicon with mount for sub $200... and it is my opinion that a used $500 optic for $200 is worth a hell of a lot more than a NIB $100 - $150 optic... and the reason for that is high end optics like Aimpoint simply don't fail and generally continue to function as well as they did day one..

so new? yeah a NEW t1 or h1 is a ridiculous suggestion.. and even used it will be kind of costly.. but eotech... aimpoint.. trijicon... are out there used.. and can probably be had for 200-400 depending..

it is all relative..... I was going to get the PA one because I do think it is a good product from what I have read.. and I had ruled out the higher end optics.. but then I stumbled onto a used trijicon with mount for sub $200... and it is my opinion that a used $500 optic for $200 is worth a hell of a lot more than a NIB $100 - $150 optic... and the reason for that is high end optics like Aimpoint simply don't fail and generally continue to function as well as they did day one..

so new? yeah a NEW t1 or h1 is a ridiculous suggestion.. and even used it will be kind of costly.. but eotech... aimpoint.. trijicon... are out there used.. and can probably be had for 200-400 depending..

That is what I meant. I would buy used and get a better optic.

check out Bushnell trs-25... you can order it from Amazon at a cost of 39.99 after MIR. This used to sell over hundred bucks several months ago. You can watch plenty of reviews on youtube. I ordered one for my M&P 15-22 together with a cheap riser mount.

I second / third the Primary Arms micro dot. I love mine. It appears to be very high quality for the price, and is one of the brightest and clearest I've ever seen. I'm sure it's not as long term durable as the aimpoint, but side by side there is very little difference out of the box.

I got my XPS2-0 brand new never mounted from some guy who needed quick cash for $350 shipped. saved a 100 bucks just doing a little research. Be careful tho, there are a ton of fakes out there of just about everything, ask a lot of questions the legit guys will always answer them, there are a ton of write ups on how to tell fakes from the real deal.

PA and Vortex SPARC are both top on my list if I choose to go with an affordable non-top tier manufacturer alternative.

You tried my SPARC. I figured out what issues we were having - someone kept pushing the button that put it into Night vision mode. So it appeared to be off even when it was on :p