CageFighter

Irene....how did u guys hold up??

So...how did all you make out with Irene? My parents in Hawthorne never lost power and my brothers house in LI just lost power, no flodding. Hope all are well! The pics you guys posted are great, but sad at the same time.

We left for Myrtle Beach on Thurs nt and we missed it all. Just real bad winds/rain down here, etc. As for me, I just packed my G19 and left all the other toys @ home bc of room in truck. (6pl in 1 SUV) We have had great weather since Sat morning.

My parents house still has no power, PSEG estimates are by Sept 4. My house in Somerset never lost power, and the only sign of a storm was a few downed branches. We made out far better than a lot of places.

No damage, just a mess. Without power now since Saturday night. I have a genny, but its only 110v, so can't run the electric appliances nor the hot water heater (all electric house , no gas).

Seems the power company is telling everyone 5-7 days as their standard pitch as that seems to be the worst case wait, this way if they have it fixed in 2-3 days they look good. I hope so anyway!

I came back from my mini honeymoon in Hilton Head South Carolina just in time for us to start prepping for the storm. We haven't had power in Atlantic Highlands since about midnight Saturday.

The weather was beautiful in South Carolina. The storm completely missed the southern part of the state.

Made out ok at my place, 1 piece of trim blew off but no other damage, even kept power through the whole storm, I feel very lucky being some didn't do as well in the area. At work now but will be home fixing my little bit of damage and then help my neighbors with theirs.

Harry

Made out ok, I kept a pump running outside the house to get water away from it. I got some water in the basement. The lights flickered a couple of times but no power loss. I thought for sure we were going to loose power since I heard about five transformers blow up.

The towns below me (Bloomindale, Wayne, Pompton Plains) got hit pretty bad. Lots of flooded roads. Places I've never seen flooded got flooded out.

The northbound side of 287 near booton had a section of the highway fall off. It looked like a tractor trailer size piece of the righthand lane was missing. The northbound side was closed off this morning.

The northbound side of 287 near booton had a section of the highway fall off. It looked like a tractor trailer size piece of the righthand lane was missing. The northbound side was closed off this morning.

I heard that on the radio. Where did the road "fall off" to? 287 north of 80 is often below the sound barriers and rock walls.

No damage, just lost power at about 6am Sunday and have yet to get it back. JCP&L called all of us to let us know that power for hanging wire customers will be restored by nightfall. The rest of us using underground power are s.o.l.

Lost power briefly probably a dozen or more times. Got about a gallon of water in the basement due to a newer unpatched crack. Wind pulled a gutter away from the roof causing all the water to be dumped in the middle of the kitchen roof, which caused a leak in the kitchen.

So at the very least nead to patch the roof and patch the ceiling.

just got a call from home... we just got power back in East Brunswick. Plenty of fallen trees all over.

Mine came back on at 5pm in EB yesterday.

At 6pm I could not get to rte 9 from rte 18. had to go all the way up rte 1 then to 9.

never seen that before.

Passed without any damage or power outages in my specific area. Other side of town got hit hard with flooding. Surrounding towns got hit with flooding and power outages. There was a scare with the water, though I believe that to be resolved for the most part. I think my town was being careful because of Highstown's issues with contaminated water.

The Rt 18 issue concerns me slightly as classes start at Rutgers this coming Thursday, and it would be preferable if 18 was available for use when that madness begins. Last I heard, the water level is suppose to get even higher tonight with the cyclic rising of the waters. Hopefully, it dries out quick between tonight/tomorrow and Thursday.

Passed without any damage or power outages in my specific area. Other side of town got hit hard with flooding. Surrounding towns got hit with flooding and power outages. There was a scare with the water, though I believe that to be resolved for the most part. I think my town was being careful because of Highstown's issues with contaminated water.

The Rt 18 issue concerns me slightly as classes start at Rutgers this coming Thursday, and it would be preferable if 18 was available for use when that madness begins. Last I heard, the water level is suppose to get even higher tonight with the cyclic rising of the waters. Hopefully, it dries out quick between tonight/tomorrow and Thursday.

Yeah - my bus to NYC this morning had to detour through Douglas campus. Since you're coming up from the southwest, come up route 1 and go up Jersey ave. That's how I got home last night.

Mine came back on at 5pm in EB yesterday.

At 6pm I could not get to rte 9 from rte 18. had to go all the way up rte 1 then to 9.

never seen that before.

What was scary was the timing of the power outage... there was an EAS - announcement for a Tornado warning and lights went out. I had to scramble for a battery powered radio to check what was going on.

BTW, 101.5 did an excellent coverage of the hurricane in NJ. A couple of drunk callers also made for a good comedy relief in the early morning of Sunday.

First off those Guard guys were just plain stupid. Those trucks were never meant for that.

I had a foot and a half of water in my basement and no power for 36 hours came back a few hours ago. The most annoying thing was 5 houses away came back yesterday. Water heater , washer , dryer, freezer all under water, but freezer works water heater relit have to mess with the dryer and furnace. A good friend answered our call for help with a submersible pump and a generator.

TC

Lost power briefly probably a dozen or more times. Got about a gallon of water in the basement due to a newer unpatched crack. Wind pulled a gutter away from the roof causing all the water to be dumped in the middle of the kitchen roof, which caused a leak in the kitchen.

So at the very least nead to patch the roof and patch the ceiling.

Not a guy who likes heights (yea I know doesn't make sense being a hang glider pilot) but if you need some help let me know, I'm just over in Towne Lake.

Harry