jermz1987

Dead Island

I know we had a thread on the trailer for this game a while back. But the release date is only a week away. Comes out September 6th! I reserved a copy a while back and I cant wait to pick it up. Anyone else planning on picking this up?

• Like 1

I finally got around to playing Borderlands, which is the same concept (First-Person-shooter-RPG), and while I was hesitant at the concept at first-- I'm absolutely in love with the idea now. I'm very much looking forward to this one, though I might have to wait til November when the dust settles a bit on some personal things.

I actually got to demo this late last week, right after my other post in this thread, through legal means! I demoed on 360 and PC, and while I am a PC guy all the way for gaming, I didn't notice anything horrid regarding porting between consoles and PC. There were bugs, really epic and catastrophic ones... but the copies my buddy and I received included a notice from the dev team saying that the bugs would be addressed on release day, or within the week of release (in anticipation of any other bugs that might crop up).

As for gameplay, solid and pretty fluid. It is a bit hectic, especially for those are are expecting a shooter. Once you get into the flow of things, gameplay straightens itself out. As it has been said already, story is weak, at least of what I saw. Kind of disappointing, especially considering this game has been in development for five years.

I won't say it's a "must buy," but I could see this game doing very well, even if it targets a [growing] niche fanbase. As I said before, I probably won't get around to really diving into it much during release, but definitely down the road when I have some more time.

I caved and bought this before I would change my mind again (and again and again until I finally bought it), and been playing it on/off today. I have the PC version, and haven't experienced any catastrophic bugs... actually, no real bugs aside from some graphic bugs (which is expected). When I tested this game out, I played mostly co-op, and now that I'm playing this game primarily by myself, it has been such a different experience. I enjoy the horror genre, like any other red blooded individual, but I'll admit I have to mostly be in the mood for it. Add in that the fact that I personally find a zombie apocalypse to be quite terrifying. Those two together with going through this game by myself results in my stress levels going up, haha.

With that said, I totally forgot how much damn kicking was involved. I guess I'm not far off in my response of "shoes" when people ask me what my biggest tool is in my zombie slaying arsenal.

Question for those who are playing. Aside from firearms (as I haven't progressed that far yet-- only level 11 last I checked), how do you deal with the "Thugs"... the moaning dudes who are significantly more powerful? I just run up, dodge back when they swing, and do some McStabs to the face until they're down. Anything more efficient?

And for those who are playing on PC and Steam, NJGF has a group-- just search NJGF.

Question for those who are playing. Aside from firearms (as I haven't progressed that far yet-- only level 11 last I checked), how do you deal with the "Thugs"... the moaning dudes who are significantly more powerful? I just run up, dodge back when they swing, and do some McStabs to the face until they're down. Anything more efficient?

And for those who are playing on PC and Steam, NJGF has a group-- just search NJGF.

I roll with the asian chick and use sharp edged weapons. They are her specialty. I hack off their arms. I use a jump or regular kick to knock a lot of enemies down then stomp or switch to knuckles.

I roll with the asian chick and use sharp edged weapons. They are her specialty. I hack off their arms. I use a jump or regular kick to knock a lot of enemies down then stomp or switch to knuckles.

What he said but I am the football guy. I've chopped off all the arms and he still killed me with a headbutt aha. I might dive into it more tonight, I just got into the city did like two missions there so far but still have the majority of the lighthouse missions left to do. From what I hear from one of my friends who reviews games for achieve360 and the such once you get to the sewer missions, it gets real scary by yourself.