Krdshrk

Old Bridge Zombie 3 Gun

What weapons were used? I saw everything from 9mm carbine rifles to an SKS

What mags were used? Everyone had their own magazines, but 10 rounds was the max you where allowed

How did each one run? I ran bad

What issues cropped up? RO's not knowing anything about zombies

Any ammo issues? Magtech Guardian Gold casings got lodged in my 1911, I gave the ammo to a reloader

What ammo did you use for each weapon? birdshot, Tula 45acp steel cased and Hornady TAP 45acp, Yugo AK ammo

What holster was used? Springfield Armory company holster

Happy with it? No

What Nylon gear was used? None on my end, someone had a blackhawk! chest rig for an AR but used it for an AK

Happy with that? It worked

True - he insisted on slicing the pie. Strict and almost by-the-book (allowed dropping of mags). During briefing they said its not necessary slicing b/c zombies do not shoot back. But whatever, I had fun and not concerned on points. Don't care about my score, just want trigger time. I still appreciate the efforts of the organizers and leads. At least I know more now than before. Just think of it as a drill Sargent; Discipline-discipline and in the end, its for your own good. Helps with muscle memory. This is all voluntary and I appreciate the efforts of all those who are responsible for running the match. Thank you thank you! Bottom line, I had fun and learned things.

Mr. G, where were you?

What weapons were used? My Custom AR15 (Spikes lower, JSE Surplus upper, lotsa Magpul equipment), Mossberg 500 12Ga w/ 18" Barrel & Pistol Grip M4-style stock, Beretta Px4 Storm 9mm w/ Night Sights

What mags were used? For my AR - 4x CProducts 15/30 Rounders, 4x Magpul 15/20 Pmags (Straight), 5x Arms-n-Ammo cut-down 15 round mags

How did each one run? AR had no issues, on the Mossberg, my stock's castle nut worked it's way loose so the stock was turning.

What issues cropped up? See above

Any ammo issues? None

What ammo did you use for each weapon? Brown Bear 55gr steel cased .223, Federal 12Ga #8 shot (Walmart bulk pack stuff), Remington Gun Club 12Ga #8 shot, USAAmmo.com 115gr 9mm

What holster was used? Blackhawk SERPA with quick detach mounted on the SERPA STRIKE platform

Happy with it? 100%

What Nylon gear was used? Custom Krukspec Multicam MOLLE Battle belt with 2x Dual AR open top pouches with bungee retention, 3x double AR mag pouches (used for hole mag and pistol mags), 1x large general pouch (put the shotgun shells in)

Happy with that? Pleasantly satisfied with my rig. I need more pouches.

Krdshrk, thanks, that is precisely the kind of feedback that is helpful. Great info man, thanks again ;)

Ray Ray, I realize you had a bad day, and you might not want to relive it (LOL), but if you could be specific about your weapons & gear, that would be great. For istance, what kind of 1911 did you have there? What mags were you using? Same for your AK - maker? What mags were you using for it? What shotgun did you use & how did it perform?

What about all the gear you used?

Did any of you guys use a gun cart? For those that did, could you please tell us about it?

What weapons were used? Saiga 7.62x39

What mags were used? Surefire mags

How did each one run? What issues cropped up? It's an AK platform, there were OBVIOUSLY no issues lol

Any ammo issues? Nope

What ammo did you use for each weapon? Golden Tiger

What holster was used? Fobus

Happy with it? Yes

What Nylon gear was used? Tried a nylon thigh holster

Happy with that? Not the least bit, I changed back to my Fobus hip holster after one stage

• Like 1

vjf915, Fobus makes an AK holster? :icon_e_confused:

HAHA! ;)

What kind of pistol & shotgun did you use? Mags? How did you carry them? Ammo?

What did you use to carry rifle mags? Chest rig or just stuff 'em in your pockets ;)

Does anyone on here use Safariland holsters? What about Blade-Tech? Raven Concealment?

I was certainly ill-prepared for carrying mags!

When I was at a stage that would require reloading mags I wore my Trap Shooting Vest which has a few pockets. Yeah, real tac-ti-cool.......... NOT!

I was using a Saiga-12 shotgun so I put a few magazines in my pockets and went to town. I was the only one in my squad to have that type of shotgun. The only problem I have with reloading magazines with that gun is I need to put the butt stock against my leg, rotate the gun a little to the left so I can slide and hold the bolt open with my right hand and get the next magazine inserted with my left hand. I wish this gun would keep the bolt open once a magazine was empty! It is very, very hard to load a full magazine into this gun with the bolt closed.

Those AK-style guns also have THE WORST safety! At times I was fighting with that lever to get it open so I could fire the guns! I think I need to tweak them a bit. Both of my guns have very little use and I NEVER have the safeties on either of those guns. They are never loaded at my home and the magazines are not with those guns so I have no use for the safeties on them.

I did have magazine holders on my belt for my handgun, thanks to Smokin .50's PPC event! I now see what is needed for this type of event to be more competitive time-wise. I also think a red dot would be a good addition to my rifle to get back on target quicker. Going to put one on and see. I did fine with the iron sites, but I felt slow geting back on target after a shot, especially the stage where we had to sit on our butts to fire.

Wombat, this is the boot you are asking about - http://www.propetusa.com/product.aspx?pid=482

Not too combat looking but still does the job well.

Ray-Ray, I was there, we met

Some videos I took - http://gallery.me.com/lgalang#100153

Let me know if you want it taken down for privacy.

Question: What brand/model boots are you wearing?

thanks

TheWombat

This is directed at NO ONE in specific:

Some shooters (especially NEW to action games) tend to mix-up IDPA Rules and USPSA Rules. USPSA is the only one where you can drop partially loaded mags, shoot out in the open without cover, etc. This was still an "IDPA-style" Match, so you had to move & shoot at the same time instead of just standing there and popping Zombies. Penalties are mostly from unfamiliarity with the game or if you get caught "gaming the stage". I sometimes confuse the two when I shoot IDPA and revert to USPSA-style blasting myself, thus incurring those penalties. But I overcome them with solid hits "down-zero".

That all being said, if you never read the Rules, why are you complaining about the penalties? And the put-downs for the R-O's is extremely BAD FORM. IF you have a problem with a R-O, you handle it THERE AND THEN, NOT a day later on the internet like a whiny adolescent. The guys that do the work don't get paid to be there to be "ragged-on".

Nuff said........

sigh.......the point was, that several of us have made, is that the rules WERE gone over at the beginning of the day, by the head of the event. things WERE brought to the SO's attention, and he decided to ignore them. he even went back on his own statements. the very first indication of his personality was shown when clang asked if he could share a pistol with his friend, since they didnt have one. the guy said flat out 'no, i will not make any arrangements for you to share a pistol' with a smarmy smile on his face.

ive delt with people like him my entire life, and there simply is NO GETTING TO THEM when theyre in the high and mighty mode. its not worth the breath to try and explain anything to him. and if you really think im some 'whiny adolescent', then you obviously dont know me and with that attitude you never will.

• Like 4

vjf915, Fobus makes an AK holster? :icon_e_confused:

HAHA! ;)

What kind of pistol & shotgun did you use? Mags? How did you carry them? Ammo?

What did you use to carry rifle mags? Chest rig or just stuff 'em in your pockets ;)

Does anyone on here use Safariland holsters? What about Blade-Tech? Raven Concealment?

I ran my Ruger SR9 in the Fobus holster, and a Remington 870 12ga. The picture below is me. I had a vest to hold my rifle and pistol mags, and 12 shotgun shells. After the first stage, it just didn't work for me. I took it off, and used my USPSA/IDPA rig which is just a holster and two pistol mag holders on my belt. I threw my rifle mags in the thigh pocket, and my 870 holds 7 in the tube (we were limited to 6 in the tube so semi's weren't at a capacity disadvantage) and another 6 on the side saddle, so I didn't need anything to hold shotgun shells. It worked for the time being. I'm much more comfortable with everything on my belt, so I'm going to look for a belt or thigh holster for my rifle mags.....I think it will be HARD to find them, as AK mags don't have too many holders that I'm aware of.

Edit: I just ordered the materials to make my own kydex mag holders for my rifle.

IMG_1426.jpg

zombiegear.jpg

i probably have too much to list, but here

What weapons were used? AR15, beretta 92, rem 870

What mags were used? PMAGs, factory beretta

How did each one run? flawless

What issues cropped up? none with my gear

Any ammo issues? none, even with silver bear in my AR

What ammo did you use for each weapon? silver bear 223, PMC bronze 9mm, federal #9 12ga

What holster was used? blackhawk serpa

Happy with it? good for fast draws, doesnt protect pistol when moving/dropping/rolling. i use this for speed, and an old USGI drop holster for regular stuff

What Nylon gear was used? CTD (maybe condor) plate carrier with IIIA kevlar. assorted condor pouches placed throughout, with condor belt/blackhawk inner belt, assorted pouches and molle drop platform

Happy with that? if youre not in good shape, go with a lighweight rig. i was fine all day with what i wore

Thanks EM.

What kind of an AR did you use? Gas Impingment? Carbine, Mid length or ?? What stock is on the gun?

What can you tell me about your blocked PMags? Where did you get them? All I have right now is a bunch of Bushamster 15rd mags. The mags work perfectly in the AR I have now, but they will be a PITA to use in a chest rig since they are designed around 30rd mags.

Soooo, just ran the soft armor all day eh? No plates? ;)

Victor - just get yourself a MOLLE drop leg platform - you'll be able to find AK pouches to attach to it.

I considered that, but then I realized that I'd probably only be able to fit two mags mounted on the thigh. I ordered some Kydex and rivets last night, gonna see how this turns out. I'll look into the drop leg mount to see if I can fit it 2x2, otherwise I'll just mount them on my belt.

Now I can put one face to a screen name. EchoMirage was certainly one of the quickest and most accurate on my squad. The scores will show who did what, and I guarantee you he will be in the top 10 of the entire day. Not sure if he was called on Procedurals, I was having my own "Procedural contest" with another fellow on my squad. ;)

IMG_1427.jpg

What weapons were used? Saiga 7.62x39 - Sig p226 9mm

What mags were used? Hungarian 15/20rd AK 47 tanker mags

How did each one run? Both ran flawless

Any ammo issues? Nope

What ammo did you use for each weapon? Wolf and tula for ak - Remington umc for sig

What holster was used? Blackhawk serpa level 2

Happy with it? Yes

What Nylon gear was used? 7.62 tactical ak chest rig

Happy with that? Always...

Stay tuned video to follow !!!

Thanks EM.

What kind of an AR did you use? Gas Impingment? Carbine, Mid length or ?? What stock is on the gun?

What can you tell me about your blocked PMags? Where did you get them? All I have right now is a bunch of Bushamster 15rd mags. The mags work perfectly in the AR I have now, but they will be a PITA to use in a chest rig since they are designed around 30rd mags.

Soooo, just ran the soft armor all day eh? No plates? ;)

bushmaster lower, stag upper carbine, LMT full auto bolt, aimpoint C3 red dot, ACE full length stock. pmags from both riflegear.com and midwestPX, a vender on the forum. once in a while he'll have a group buy on mags, and you can save a few dollars per mag. typically $20 per mag, less with a group buy. they work 100% so far. the 15/20 mag are far more comfortable and easier to handle, but the 15/30s of course fit in any pouch. ranger plates on 20s will help in shorter pouches, so its something to think about.

if you look close at my rig, the mags in the front are only half covered by the pouch. 20s fit perfectly there, but having plates would help alot when there is a 30rnd behind it.

once i feel like blowing 4-500 on plates, ill get some IV multi-hits.

Now I can put one face to a screen name. EchoMirage was certainly one of the quickest and most accurate on my squad. The scores will show who did what, and I guarantee you he will be in the top 10 of the entire day. Not sure if he was called on Procedurals, I was having my own "Procedural contest" with another fellow on my squad. ;)

if you listen close to the vid posted by lex, youll see the SO in question saying 'oh i have to work this out, i dont know if there is 1 or 3 procedurals.' this is why when the ZED trains, there are no order rules. because there are no rules in real life. targets arent going to line up side by side waiting for you to pie out of a corner......which is concealment, not cover, anyway.

and thanks. is your TA still street legal? if etown ever has another track day on the same day a test & tune happens, stop by the road course and check out mine.