Krdshrk

Old Bridge Zombie 3 Gun

Ray Ray, I realize you had a bad day, and you might not want to relive it (LOL), but if you could be specific about your weapons & gear, that would be great. For istance, what kind of 1911 did you have there? What mags were you using? Same for your AK - maker? What mags were you using for it? What shotgun did you use & how did it perform?

What about all the gear you used?

The 1911 is Springfield Armory TRP and the problem was the ammo. The cases were swelled and caused the gun to lock up. I had all kinds of magazines (Chip McCormicks, Ed Brown, Springfield Armory)and she ran fine after that.

The AK is a GP75. Basically a Romanian AK. And the Mags were Romanian as well. The issue was that the bullet guide was sliding over the first round on the magazine and not catching it, or it was catching it and it was driving the round straight upward.

The shotgun was a 590A1 20 inch and if there was a video of me shooting it I would be happy as I prefer a 12 gauge pump gun to anything else.

My gear was a AK Chinese Communist Rig, Springfield Armory holster and a Springfield Armory dual magazine carrier

I'm with you Ray, I prefer shooting my shotguns compared to all the other guns I own!

Guess my 2nd favorite is my Izhmash AK. That gun just runs flawlessly. I actually own two of them. The one I bought from Cage Fighter has only had 25 rounds put through it. Kinda became a safe queen. It is such a nice-looking gun but I really need to bring that one out next time.

The AK is a GP75. Basically a Romanian AK. And the Mags were Romanian as well. The issue was that the bullet guide was sliding over the first round on the magazine and not catching it, or it was catching it and it was driving the round straight upward.

That's peculiar. I just finished putting together a Romy G. I used a receiver flat from "AK Builder" and various other parts from other suppliers. I have not fired the rifle yet. LOL - I hope it runs!

I think Bello's comment is correct, but for different reasons.

Not for the videos, but for safety.

I know Tom (DR) and Clark - they're 100% fine with gun safety - they were just unfamiliar with my Mossberg and the safety location, and the rules with the 3 gun stated that when the guns are put down the safety must be put on or the action must be locked open. They're new to competition shooting so they fumbled that.

• Like 2

TY learn what your using. Before you "try" to 3 gun

Which was something that I wanted to post, but did not want to be a negative nancy.

Fine you might have the necessary firearms and equipment to compete in a 3gun style match, but it is not something (IMHO) that you go to shoot as your 1st competitive style match.

It could have turned a few people away with how the match was run, rules involved, etc..

Or it could have had the opposite effect and brought more people to the shooting sports.

Also it could have "humbled" some people.

I don't know.

Again just my opinion, I wish I was able to attend but recent foot surgery prevented me from going.

• Like 1

I think it was a fine match to have as your first competitive style match. DR & Clark had a great time and want to do more. This was a FUN match, not really for competition. Some of the RO'ing and rule interperetations were perhaps overly strict in some squads, but my squad was fine - we pointed the stuff out to the guys and they said "ok". A lot of guys were new to competition - especially the NJGF members here who went.

• Like 1

I am glad they had a good time and hopefully they will come back and shoot more matches. Which is what we all want more shooters out shooting.

Sometimes all the rules and safety factors on top of shooting can (and has been) overwhelming for some people.

I was 100% confident in their safety, otherwise I would not have invited them to come. I practice and train with my guns all the time. These 2 guys have shot ARs and Shotguns in the past (Tom was in the Marines) but were unfamiliar with my Mossberg. That's ALL. There was no safety issue. If you never shot a Mossberg before with a Tang safety, it would take you a second to figure out where it was too.

• Like 2

My high horse?

Yes, your high horse. You're talking down to people as if you know much better than they do. More examples to come in quotes below

I'm 100% gun safety bro?

You're claiming moral high ground on the basis of safety issues you haven't actually articulated in any sort of detail, so you're not really in the realm of what constitutes constructive criticism.

if thats not your niche then so be it!

Nothing in the videos or stated on the thread demonstrates that anyone who shot in the event doesn't take gun safety extremely seriously. It is possible to use a firearm one is not familiar with in a safe manner if the proper controls are in place. Claiming anyone who disagrees with you is doing so because they don't care about safety is a cheesy ad-hominem tactic.

I'ts people like you who dont care to exorcise or or train well in said weapon and its people like you who shouldnt own guns.

Annnnnd there's that high horse he was talking about.

• Like 3

Can we just get rid of this troll already :icon_rolleyes:

"Be safe, have fun, and be good." I don't see anything unsafe, I see unfamiliar. Try to give them a break, and stop being such a dickhead. They wanted to have fun, and were safe with it. Chill out "bro".

• Like 3

My high horse? I'm 100% gun safety bro? if thats not your niche then so be it! I'ts people like you who dont care to exorcise or or train well in said weapon and its people like you who shouldnt own guns. IMHO. take it like it is! nuff said

you obviously dont know who youre talking to. nick may not be a bullseye shooter, but ive trained on a course side by side with him, had no worries about it and will do so again.

and funny about needing to be an expert before you ever try a 'competition'. this was my first ever sanctioned event, and got 3rd place. if it wasnt for procedurals that were never explained and should never have been given, i would have had first place, if not second by a large margin. everyone there commented on how fast and accurate i was, and how well i manipulated my weapons....including the SOs, cops, and other competitors. you sure as hell dont have to be a competition snob to know your way around a gun, and its attitudes like yours that will keep me away from them.

• Like 2

Just backing up what EchoMirage is saying... he's an absolute beast on that AR. I've never seen transitions or reloads so fast or fluid in my life (outside of the MagPul Dynamics videos, which are in a class of their own).

I saw no egregious safety violations at all that day other than my own actually... I stabilized my holster with my left hand while reholstering once or twice, accidentally covering my left fingers for a brief moment. A stern reminder from the RO was all I needed to drop that bad habit. I'd never used a holster before.

Hey Rob, thanks for the pointers how to reload shotshells faster from a side saddle. That will help me too when I get a speed carrier.

you obviously dont know who youre talking to. nick may not be a bullseye shooter, but ive trained on a course side by side with him, had no worries about it and will do so again.

and funny about needing to be an expert before you ever try a 'competition'. this was my first ever sanctioned event, and got 3rd place. if it wasnt for procedurals that were never explained and should never have been given, i would have had first place, if not second by a large margin. everyone there commented on how fast and accurate i was, and how well i manipulated my weapons....including the SOs, cops, and other competitors. you sure as hell dont have to be a competition snob to know your way around a gun, and its attitudes like yours that will keep me away from them.

Now I can put one face to a screen name. EchoMirage was certainly one of the quickest and most accurate on my squad. The scores will show who did what, and I guarantee you he will be in the top 10 of the entire day. Not sure if he was called on Procedurals, I was having my own "Procedural contest" with another fellow on my squad. ;)

Hmmm, I am quoting myself, wonder if that is a bad thing or not..............

Anyway, I did say that EchoMirage would be in the Top 10, didn't think he would be all the up at #3. GREAT SHOOTING!!!!!!!!!!

I finished in the middle of the pack which is fine for me. Only been shooting for six months now, if that. That was also the second time I have had either Russian gun out for anything but cleaning, I did ok with them. The safeties on them stink, but I'll tweak them a bit so they will move next time!