njluger

Where can I get NJ Compliant 15 round mags for my...?

Garden State Armory in Warren sells M&P 9 15-round magazines. Bought one the other day. It would accept only 13 rounds instead of the advertised 15, but still better than the standard 10. The price was in the neighborhood of $40.

Garden State Armory in Warren sells M&P 9 15-round magazines. Bought one the other day. It would accept only 13 rounds instead of the advertised 15, but still better than the standard 10. The price was in the neighborhood of $40.

You can find factory 15 round M&P9 mags here, http://www.colddeadhands.com/accessories.html , for cheaper.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

• Like 1

You can find factory 15 round M&P9 mags here, http://www.colddeadhands.com/accessories.html , for cheaper.

Thanks! BTW: is it legal to buy magazines online without going trough a FFL?

And update regarding the pinned  M&P 9 15-round magazines I mentioned above. DON'T buy this. When maxed to only 13 rounds it failed to feed correctly the second round of my bright new M&P Pro. The round was stuck outside of the chamber with bullet pointing up. I was really terrified that my first handgun has been defective!  Then I took the original 10 round magazines, and put trough it 150 rounds of three different brands without any problem. So my gun is okay, but the aftermarket pinned high capacity magazines - no.

Thanks! BTW: is it legal to buy magazines online without going trough a FFL?

And update regarding the pinned  M&P 9 15-round magazines I mentioned above. DON'T buy this. When maxed to only 13 rounds it failed to feed correctly the second round of my bright new M&P Pro. The round was stuck outside of the chamber with bullet pointing up. I was really terrified that my first handgun has been defective!  Then I took the original 10 round magazines, and put trough it 150 rounds of three different brands without any problem. So my gun is okay, but the aftermarket pinned high capacity magazines - no.

Yes. You can buy magazines and have them sent to you directly.

Let's be clear that you were referring to the following post >

Garden State Armory in Warren sells M&P 9 15-round magazines. Bought one the other day. It would accept only 13 rounds instead of the advertised 15, but still better than the standard 10. The price was in the neighborhood of $40.

• Like 1

I am not sure if this is the proper place for this question so if it is not I am sorry but, here is my question : can anyone tell me where I can shop for a NJ compliant CZ-75 ?

What I am shopping for is a full-size ,full-metal frame variant and I would like to find someone who will make available 15 round magazines to go along with the pistol. I don't want to settle for the 10 round magazines that we in NJ often need to settle for. Many of the CZ-75's come with 16 or 19 round magazines and while I accept that I cannot have one and that I will have to pay a bit more to get a modified magazine that will past muster in NJ but, I want the capacity to be what we are permitted ,15 rounds.

If you can help by suggesting a shop or two or dealer or anyone who can legally fill this type of order please let me know .

Thanks

Bought a few of the ACT 15 rounders for my M&P 9 from Greg Cote and tested them out at the range. Suitable for the range. 

Note, one of them may or may not have been able to hold an extra round.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=165&products_id=1391

Bought a few of the ACT 15 rounders for my M&P 9 from Greg Cote and tested them out at the range. Suitable for the range. 

Note, one of them may or may not have been able to hold an extra round.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=165&products_id=1391

I would return that bad boy. Is it really worth the risk?

S&W sells 15 round mags for the M&P (part # 39498 for 9mm) but they are not listed on the site. G&R tactical sells them too, but they were on back order for nearly 2 months. I inquired a few times and they acted like it was S&W's fault and they couldn't give me any idea when they might come in but I should just wait. It seemed like they were annoyed that I was inquiring. I called S&W And they had em in stock so I cancelled G&R just on principal.
Also midwayusa and grabagun carry the 15 round m&p mags.

I recently bought 2 and then 2 more mags on EBay from Go Outdoor Gear. The mags arrived in original factory packaging and are perfect. They have great prices and free shipping too!

Illegal to do so now if they are over 10 rounds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not until dec.....

So, NJ FFLs stopped selling 10+ rounders some time ago for s***s and giggles?

The law has applied to newly acquired magazines since it came into effect. Previously owned magazines are still within the December grace period. People argue the ability to possess those magazines, and intent... which is different than buying new ones.

Personally, I’d probably not advertise that I bought “high capacity” magazines over the internet.

These responses were back in June, by the way.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Screwball said:

... People argue the ability to possess those magazines, and intent... which is different than buying new ones...

In NJ Gun Law (2C:39 and 2C:58) INTENT has absolutely no bearing.

The only intent involved is the intent of the Legislature to lock you up and throw away the key.

nothing has nothing has gone into effect yet because it's not December. You can buy 15-round magazines you can sell 15-round magazines it's still legal until December. Now five family members that are police officers none of them have even heard anything about this from their Department except for one and they're not even looking at this stuff because it's low-hanging fruit but December is what he said that they were told

55 minutes ago, Screwball said:

So, NJ FFLs stopped selling 10+ rounders some time ago for s***s and giggles?

The law has applied to newly acquired magazines since it came into effect. Previously owned magazines are still within the December grace period. People argue the ability to possess those magazines, and intent... which is different than buying new ones.

Personally, I’d probably not advertise that I bought “high capacity” magazines over the internet.

These responses were back in June, by the way.

first first off, then not selling them has little to do with the law versus timing because they don't want to get stuck with inventory as less and less people will be buying them. There is no law on the books until December pending any appeals and the legislative, court process. I will repeat that there is no law on the books until December when it goes into effect. You are absolutely trading bartering buying selling and using 15-round magazines until the day they become illegal unless of course and injunction or something happens legally. If I'm wrong please show me where in the law that states that I cannot have used cell or buy a 15-round magazine today on November 24th 2018

first first off, then not selling them has little to do with the law versus timing because they don't want to get stuck with inventory as less and less people will be buying them. There is no law on the books until December pending any appeals and the legislative, court process. I will repeat that there is no law on the books until December when it goes into effect. You are absolutely trading bartering buying selling and using 15-round magazines until the day they become illegal unless of course and injunction or something happens legally. If I'm wrong please show me where in the law that states that I cannot have used cell or buy a 15-round magazine today on November 24th 2018

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/A3000/2761_I1.PDF

“The bill makes its provisions effective immediately, but allows for a 180-day grace period to transfer, render inoperable, or voluntarily surrender a semi-automatic rifle or magazine that will be unlawful under the bill.”

Was signed on 6/13...
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, myhatinthering said:

nothing has nothing has gone into effect yet because it's not December. You can buy 15-round magazines you can sell 15-round magazines it's still legal until December. Now five family members that are police officers none of them have even heard anything about this from their Department except for one and they're not even looking at this stuff because it's low-hanging fruit but December is what he said that they were told

This new mag law has been beat to death here on the forum, and there are members here who still don't understand it. There's been multiple reports by people that their local LEOs are clueless to the content of the law and know nothing about it.

Then, we have others here who think the guys in the black SUVs are coming to kick in their front doors searching for +10 round mags now, or think they'll be lines of busses and LEOs waiting at the ranges on Dec. 11th to cuff anyone showing up with a +10 round mag and take them to jail.

Amazing stuff.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Screwball said:

“The bill makes its provisions effective immediately, but allows for a 180-day grace period to transfer, render inoperable, or voluntarily surrender a semi-automatic rifle or magazine that will be unlawful under the bill.”

Actually, they added one additional line to the bill before it was signed which references "modification":

1[4.]   5.1   (New section)  1[Any] Except as provided in section 7 of P.L.     , c.   (C.       ) (pending before the Legislature as this bill),1 a person who legally owns a semi-automatic rifle with a fixed magazine capacity exceeding 10 rounds or a large capacity ammunition magazine as defined under subsection y. of N.J.S.2C:39-1 which is capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition on the effective date of P.L.     , c.     (C.       ) (pending before the Legislature as this bill) may retain possession of that rifle or magazine for a period not to exceed 180 days 1[from] after1 the effective date of this act.  During this time period, the owner of the semi-automatic rifle or magazine shall: 

a.     Transfer the semi-automatic rifle or magazine to any person or firm lawfully entitled to own or possess that firearm or magazine;

b.    Render the semi-automatic rifle or magazine inoperable 1or permanently modify a large capacity ammunition magazine to accept 10 rounds or less1; or

c.     Voluntarily surrender the semi-automatic rifle or magazine pursuant to the provisions of N.J.S.2C:39-12.

https://legiscan.com/NJ/text/A2761/id/1812547

• Like 1

Amazing stuff.

That it is...

While I’m not one who feels people will be targeted with this for X, Y, or Z... buying a magazine over 10 rounds, now, is illegal (exception being L/E). Not any question about it. Trading/selling 15 rounders among other NJ residents is illegal... unless exempted (L/E). Might be legal if you owned it on 6/12, but a transfer of ownership after 6/13 applies the 10 round limit... so illegal for the buyer to acquire one. After the 180 days, illegal all around. It is what it is... just don’t get upset with people pointing it out. Get upset with those who didn’t come out and vote last year (same can be said for this year, as well).

Have I used 15 rounders since June? Yep. I was originally alluding to the argument about not being able to leave your house with them. Personally, I view a grace period as such. Any magazines I own, that will be illegal in December (10th, if I remember correctly), will be out of NJ by that date. They will be picked up in August, when I make the last trip out of NJ for Maine. Then, I’ll probably toss the 15 round CZ and PX4 magazines on AR15.com (latter are plated, so will lose money on them), and put the money towards magazines those guns were meant to be used with.

Now, if someone is going to Delaware or Pennsylvania, buying 15 rounders, and bringing them back... that is completely on them. But thinking it is legal because of misrepresentation on the forum is a little bit of a d***ed move.

And if they are aware they are illegal, someone posted it a time or two since the law was signed... why stop at 15 if the charges are the same at 15+?
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

This new mag law has been beat to death here on the forum, and there are members here who still don't understand it. There's been multiple reports by people that their local LEOs are clueless to the content of the law and know nothing about it.

Then, we have others here who think the guys in the black SUVs are coming to kick in their front doors searching for +10 round mags now, or think they'll be lines of busses and LEOs waiting at the ranges on Dec. 11th to cuff anyone showing up with a +10 round mag and take them to jail.

Amazing stuff.

Dont disagree but sp say dec

Dont disagree but sp say dec

Firearms Unit or rank/file Troopers? Big difference with your answer.

If the Firearms Unit says so, I’d look for clarification... because it is pretty clearly the opposite from the legislation that was signed. I’d also make sure they understood the question that was being asked (they are people, just like us).

Rank/file Trooper... they aren’t the ATF. They likely get briefed more on changes in procedures than changes in firearms law. Which of those two do they use more; stuff on how to conduct a traffic stop or magazine limits?

They might get a memo about it in December. But having observed one of their in-services (2009 time period), they likely aren’t going to say much more than a quick blurb on it... which might be absorbed by some Troopers. You have 2,500ish people coming in, and a very limited amount of time per day to get a lot of info out to them (when I was there, the two non-classroom blocks were changes in car stops, then practical training on active shooter response). Some things take more precedence than others. Even less will retain if they were out sick, and have to sit at the academy and watch a video of everything recorded (includes any practical training, like car stop examples). Most I spoke with were bored out of their mind by lunch... not their fault, just a crappy way to inform large groups of people. Try doing a 10-hour OSHA course with people who don’t want to learn the info... which I have first hand experience with.

Sorry, but unless the officer is familiar with the subject from past experience, I wouldn’t expect them to be the end all answer on the subject. Specialized units, you see more familiarity of pertaining laws... other examples would be Marine Bureau and Transportation Safety Bureau. Wouldn’t expect to get accurate firearms information from them, but regulations on marine safety or motor vehicle law... they likely know their stuff.

Even legal advice, would you expect a good answer about firearms law from someone who only handles tax law? Or probate? I also wouldn’t ask a personal injury lawyer, either.

1 hour ago, Screwball said:

Firearms Unit or rank/file Troopers? Big difference with your answer.

If the Firearms Unit says so, I’d look for clarification... because it is pretty clearly the opposite from the legislation that was signed. I’d also make sure they understood the question that was being asked (they are people, just like us).

Rank/file Trooper... they aren’t the ATF. They likely get briefed more on changes in procedures than changes in firearms law. Which of those two do they use more; stuff on how to conduct a traffic stop or magazine limits?

They might get a memo about it in December. But having observed one of their in-services (2009 time period), they likely aren’t going to say much more than a quick blurb on it... which might be absorbed by some Troopers. You have 2,500ish people coming in, and a very limited amount of time per day to get a lot of info out to them (when I was there, the two non-classroom blocks were changes in car stops, then practical training on active shooter response). Some things take more precedence than others. Even less will retain if they were out sick, and have to sit at the academy and watch a video of everything recorded (includes any practical training, like car stop examples). Most I spoke with were bored out of their mind by lunch... not their fault, just a crappy way to inform large groups of people. Try doing a 10-hour OSHA course with people who don’t want to learn the info... which I have first hand experience with.

Sorry, but unless the officer is familiar with the subject from past experience, I wouldn’t expect them to be the end all answer on the subject. Specialized units, you see more familiarity of pertaining laws... other examples would be Marine Bureau and Transportation Safety Bureau. Wouldn’t expect to get accurate firearms information from them, but regulations on marine safety or motor vehicle law... they likely know their stuff.

Even legal advice, would you expect a good answer about firearms law from someone who only handles tax law? Or probate? I also wouldn’t ask a personal injury lawyer, either.

call up sp on monday and ask them if I can own, sell, trade, use 15rounders till Dec and see what they say.  Fair enough?