Ray Ray

UPS stealing ammo?

A co-worker ordered some 9mm ammo from them and he was notified that it was stolen from either a UPS warehouse in Secaucus, New Jersey or Illinios. Now a member hear has had the same thing happen from the same company, twice! Anyone else having issues?

A co-worker ordered some 9mm ammo from them and he was notified that it was stolen from either a UPS warehouse in Secaucus, New Jersey or Illinios. Now a member hear has had the same thing happen from the same company, twice! Anyone else having issues?

May the thief suffer back problems for the rest of his life :icon_twisted:

Both are getting the ammo resent. The second guy is getting 100 rounds free.

I worked at UPS for a while. More than likely your box got in a jam on the one of the belts. Probably burst open and they couldn't recover it all. It then sits in a damage pile until someone from QC can sort through and find out where the package was going or where it came from. The people that work in QC usually don't give a fugg about much because they have seniority in teamsters .

• Like 1

About 6 months ago I received an order from Cheaperthandirt that was supposed to have 2 spam cans of 7.62 in it (along with some other stuff). It arrived with the spam cans missing. I had to return the whole package, and they were great about remedying the package, but having my ammunition was a bit upsetting. Their response to the incident was "it happens." I guess it is a fairly common issue.

There were two FEDEX employees that were arrested and convicted a couple of years ago. They were stealing pistols and selling them in Jersey City. They had been doing for years. It really makes me wonder what FEDEX and the police were doing while dozens of pistols were stolen over a period of several years. The kicker is the FEDEX employees only got caught when a womam in Jersey City called the cops to complain that two guys were selling guys in her neighborhood. I knew a guy that worked for FEDEX in Atlanta. The employees there would rip off L.L.Bean shipments constantly. Unlike an L.L Bean jacket, you can't walk out of a FEDEX building wearing a case of ammo..

Well I have two things to say on the subject of UPS and ammo.

1) LOTS of places ship ammo packaged insufficiently, you would think that the high volume shippers would know better, but they appear not to. They get damage plenty.

2) Unless something has changed at UPS, if your package isn't showing up with the 4 bullets left in it, some UPS floor sweepings, and encased in a bout a quarter mile of tape that wasn't there to start with, bundled with a claim that UPS didn't do nuthin', nuh uh, no way, then something more than damage happened, or the damage took place in a facility where stuff has been going walkies.