Sign in to follow this  
Tactical Turtle

any one out there with a spare bead sight for a mossberg 500

Just like the title says, I blew mine off shooting a single slug. Now I have no sight and I'm afraid the threads in the barrel.have been compromised. So.if anyone has one out there they are will to sell in ocean county nj maybe even southern monmouth. Please lmk ASAP, I have after market sights coming early next week and hoping to.have this figured out before they stove incase I need to bring my baby to a gun smith.

Mine came off as well. Lost to the grass while trap shooting. I just threw on a clip on fiber optic to be done with it. But as Ray Ray said it wouldn't hurt to give them a call. Heck i might do the same. I'm sure they've shelled out more than a bead sight in the name of good customer service.

Just like the title says, I blew mine off shooting a single slug. Now I have no sight and I'm afraid the threads in the barrel.have been compromised. So.if anyone has one out there they are will to sell in ocean county nj maybe even southern monmouth. Please lmk ASAP, I have after market sights coming early next week and hoping to.have this figured out before they stove incase I need to bring my baby to a gun smith.

If you need a bead let me know we can send you one...we have many of them.......

If you are doing aftermarket sights what type.... The ghost ring sights on the 500/590 are drilled an tapped from the factory on the receiver as I recall on this model...at least mine are on the 590...the front sight I forget as i use a bead and heat shield.

if you need work done and can tolerate a ride up bring it on in...

if not get me your addy and ill post the right bead to you!

:icon_mrgreen:

I bought one of these

Linky

But i also had one of those vent ribs to clip onto. Not sure if your slug barrel has that. It came in a pack of 2 or 4 for various models. Only one fit mine so i gave the others away to whoever's they fit. They are alright. I'm not a pro by any means I just wanted something cheap that fit the bill. I'm sure there are much better out there.

Seems they also have ones if it doesn't have the rib. You'd have to measure for fitment i guess.

Linky

But i cant give much of a review. Hope this helps. I'd def give Mossy a call and see what they say. Let me know cause i'll probably do the same. I'm lazy so i'll probably email them though.

Yea I'm gonna call them or email them. I bought the gun brand new but I don't have a box or warranty ****. Ugh but it is what it is, is a smooth bore barrel and I don't wanna loose it for a warranty replacement that doesn't have the same markings on it as weird as that sounds. I emailed a guy on this forum and he said he can help me.. and I have ordered a set of sights to to see if it worms, I decided though i will not tap out a bigger hole in my.barrel if if looks like its the only way.to fix it I'm sending it back