Sign in to follow this  
crutoi

92fs or px4 as a first gun for Range shooting

Yea, $369 + $20 shipping is a stonking good deal for a PX4, I specfically wanted a type G over a type F and no one in NJ seemed to have type G's.

I have put about 250 rounds through my PX4 in 2 trips to the bullethole and really like the feel of it even weak hand firing is not a problem.

I swapped out the medium backstrap for the larger size and will put a hogue hand all slip on grip soon.

Need to fill out the form for my free holster and start looking to pick up a second gun. I am torn between a S&W 586/686 or going the route of a CX4 in 9mm(Same PA dealer has a great deal though they are 17 round mags )

A great disaster has struck...my recently ordered px4 is sitting in the ffl dealers store, but the guy is out sick, so I have to wait another week to pick it up.or skip work on monday :).looking for a support group to help deal with this

Skip work!

A great disaster has struck...my recently ordered px4 is sitting in the ffl dealers store, but the guy is out sick, so I have to wait another week to pick it up.or skip work on monday :).looking for a support group to help deal with this

That is a disaster. Sorry to hear that.

You could always go to the range and watch others shoot there PX4's.

I know, that was cruel.

That's the thing, everyone says 92 is the gun you must own in you "arsenal", but I'm not planning to have multiples(and yeas i know everyone says that at first :) ) and actually i do have a second permit awaiting me in PD, they said i can only get it after 30days of getting the first one.

any opinions of getting in in state vs out of state? the best price i got so far was around 550-575(including taxes\nics) out the door locally.

NJ law regulating the purchase/sale of handguns allows the individual applying for handgun permits to apply for any number of permits. The number is inserted in the upper right hand corner of the form. All of those permits should be issued at the same time, have the same efffective date and expiration date. It is up to you to follow the law limiting your purchaces to one handgun every 30 days. And, when you go to your FFL to execute the transfer for a new purchase you will be required to sign and acknowledge that you have not purchased a handgun in the prior 30 days. Your local PD is either ignorant of the law or intentionally violating the law.

Sorry to hear that... I just picked up my PX4 F last week. I took it to the range this weekend and put about 150 rounds through it. No problems, it performed like a champ. Now I just gotta wait for my Hogue grip, stealth decocker, and 15 round mags to come in. Oh and if you want to get that free holster from Beretta, make sure you get a copy of the ATF form. You need to send this with your forms to Beretta. My dealer didn't give this to me, I had to make a trip back to get a copy.

What's a atf form?

Below is a link to what the ATF form is. After you fill this form out, just ask the guys to make a copy for you. I didn't know I needed this until I started filling out the Beretta form for the holster. It says it's required on there, so I had to make a trip back to get the copy of the form.

My link

Skip work!

So I took your advice :), and said that I'd be late to work(I have my priorities :) )... got to the store at 730am, and the guy told me that nics open at 830, for some reason it was some kind of secret information that he couldn't tell me over the phone, so I wasted an hour of my time for nothing. to be continued tomorrow. I feel like I'm writing a diary here...

So I took your advice :), and said that I'd be late to work(I have my priorities :) )... got to the store at 730am, and the guy told me that nics open at 830, for some reason it was some kind of secret information that he couldn't tell me over the phone, so I wasted an hour of my time for nothing. to be continued tomorrow. I feel like I'm writing a diary here...

Sorry, that sucks. Trust me, the PX4 is worth the wait. I think NICS closes at a certain time at night, so don't go to late either. I think it's 8pm, but I'm not sure.