matty

Jacksonites--P2P time lately?

I put the paper work in for my sons initial FID and 3 more PP on December 2nd. When I asked the lady at the window she said that "it usually takes 6-8 weeks to get them back, "BUT" we are very short handed and it will take longer than that " I asked her to clarify "LONGER" She didn't have an answer for that!! I will update this thread as the procedure goes forward.

Well, I got the call today they were done finally & picked them up! I was sure I would be waiting till after Christmas I dunno what finally cleared the path, I did call yesterday, and there was no indication they were close to being done. So I dunno, maybe being the squeaky wheel the last few weeks did it. Or maybe the new CPT in charge of this is making headway clearing the backlog. Since I have had numerous BIs in the last couple years, maybe that helped as well. In any case, if you are waiting past 6 weeks, I would say call & keep calling, email the chief if needs be. Always be nice & civil of course. Mine were 78 days, in the past they were 60 or so.

I called today about mine, I applied back in may im on 6 months now, lady said they are short handed as usual she actually remembered who i was though so I know at least im not forgotten i know one guy they lost his paperwork.

I asked her if I could volunteer to help she laughed, i was semi serious, she told me though that my stuff only came back from the state recently. My paperwork only got sent up to get signed November 28th and that they send up 50 applications at a time and just recently got a batch out, I assume matty was in that batch since he just got his. Bottom line she was very friendly and I cant blame her its the cops "upstairs" and the chief that hold everything up. She was just giving me the impression that all 50k residents of Jackson were applying for permits I can understand a spike cause this town is getting crazy and we have less cops to "protect" us but give me a break. I think gun permits and everything associated with it should be centralized some where and not left to the towns.

i have been waiting since sept for mine. not a fun wait at all. finally got all paper work / references in on nov 14th. its easier to get a temp handicap ppermit. whats the name of the LT who handles the files? A JPD lives around the corner from me and always has overly loud parties till 1am. figure he owes me one.

Captain Wagner is handling permits at this time. Filed my paperwork August 28th but one of my references forgot to return his paperwork until mid- November. Ive had a down payment on a 1911 for a couple of months and really hoped I'd be on the range with it now. Trying no to be impatient but I'm so bored of my 9mm. Sounds like The captain was recently promoted and is trying to make his way through the log jam. How many of you are still waiting over 60 days?

Its been 6 months for me up in passaic county. The told me beforehand 4-6 months so starting next week I'm gonna be making calls once a week this is ridiculous. I have a question whoever can help. A sig p226 .40sw is a good buy for a first timer or should I go with a 9mm.

I think alot of people would agree that .40 cal is better for home defense then a 9mm although the real key is to be trained and accurate on whichever you choose. That said, the 9mm would be cheaper to play with at the range (ammo is less expensive). Why not consider either a Glock or S&W MP in .40 cal as there are companies that offer conversion barrels for them from .40 to 9mm Then you simply swap out the barrel to practice alot with 9mm rounds and reload at home with .40 cal for home defense. Thats a good option. Barrels cost about $110-$160 depending on the pistol and length etc (plus you'll need new magazines too). Personally, if home defense is intended as a primary role, I wouldn't go anything smaller then .40 cal. (Range only is a different story.)

I think alot of people would agree that .40 cal is better for home defense then a 9mm although the real key is to be trained and accurate on whichever you choose. That said, the 9mm would be cheaper to play with at the range (ammo is less expensive). Why not consider either a Glock or S&W MP in .40 cal as there are companies that offer conversion barrels for them from .40 to 9mm Then you simply swap out the barrel to practice alot with 9mm rounds and reload at home with .40 cal for home defense. Thats a good option. Barrels cost about $110-$160 depending on the pistol and length etc (plus you'll need new magazines too). Personally, if home defense is intended as a primary role, I wouldn't go anything smaller then .40 cal. (Range only is a different story.)

I would say there are an equal number of people that would disagree with you on .40 vs 9mm. My personal defense firearms will never be chambered in .40.

I would say there are an equal number of people that would disagree with you on .40 vs 9mm. My personal defense firearms will never be chambered in .40.

Please do elaborate. Why do you like 9mm better? (if your choice is in fact 9mm as you really didn't say.)

Please do elaborate. Why do you like 9mm better? (if your choice is in fact 9mm as you really didn't say.)

Much faster, virtually the same diameter, more capacity, better track record of stopping BGs, better self-defense loadings available. I switch it up between 45 and 9 for self-defense.

Jon & HD,

Interesting!

Can you point to any articles or threads about this topic? I have read just the opposite, that the bare minimum for HD/SD should be at least .40 and that 9mm has proven to be insufficient or inferior at least to the .40

Would love to see more comparisons on this topic, especially since I'm about to replace my wheel guns with semi-autos.

I still haven't received the p2p and no FID card for my son. They went in on Dec 2nd and the weekly answer from the clerk in Jackson is "hold please" , I don't see them I will have to check upstairs on the officers desk" a minute or two goes by and then she picks up the phone and says " Your permits are on the officers desk for him to go over" I say I have been calling for the last 3 weeks and you have said the same thing each and every time!!! "She says I don't know how long it will take him to get them done there are hundreds there" This is now the 83rd day. I was initially told 6-8 weeks maybe a little longer. Well this is just total crap. I have a 1911 waiting at my LGS all paid and just waiting to be shot!!! This drives me crazy!!

i called up again mid jan they said it was with the capt. and then transferred me to him. I left a polite message on his vm asking if there was anything i could do to help. next day i got a call back from the capt. saying he should be at my paperwork mid February. 2 days later I get another call from him about a past incident that was expunged. wanting to know what happened. gave him a brief synopsis and that it was sealed. he told me he would have to contact new brunswick pd for more info. and I still havent heard back.called last week still with the capt.