Sign in to follow this  
deviated rationality

BOK

Occasionally I post up survival & prep posts detailing good (from my perspective, anyway) advice from my research and training on how to ready yourself and your family in the most efficient (not always the most comfortable) ways possible. Lately I've been looking into my kits and have a pretty good set up for most any situation that pops up. Today I am doing a bit of research.

Usually while researching specific topics and skills, I like to ask people that have virtually zero survival, medical, combative, or manual labor skills(auto repair, house repair, electrical, ect) how they would handle the situations they might run into. So far the responses I have received from your average person are pretty uniform. When I start to ask them questions, I start out with a few things. From there I move on and ask more specific questions, and how they intend to solve the problems created by how they answer the questions posed. What I am doing now is asking you all, who do actually have skills other than video games and being sheeple what your solutions would be. I am trying to build an understanding of the general populace and how they would react to situations that would require them to step out of their comfort zone. I do NOT want personal details on any of you here. In fact I strongly discourage this, even in private message. However, if you feel comfortable enough with the questions posed, please answer them to the best of your capabilities.

1. What skills do you have that you feel would be beneficial to a SHTF/disaster situation? (This is as vague as possible for a reason, mainly since we can't foresee what we might endure.)
  2. How many people are in your family? Please include Sex and Age group (Senior, Adult, Teen, Child, Baby).
  3. How many have serious health issues? (Meaning they need medication to live. Without it they will/can die) How do you intend to deal with this situation?
  4. What have you done to prepare supply wise? What are you doing now, and what do you plan on doing?
  5. Where do you plan to go (generalization), and when (after you realize SHTF)?
  6. Do you have a BOB, BOV, BOL? If so, what are the most important pieces of equipment in each?
  7. If you need to leave your home to get out of the area, what routes do you plan on taking? (Bridges, Interstates, highways, main roads like 206 and 30, back roads, trails)
  8. Do you have different Tier Kits for each level of need (Usually separated into 3 tiers)? If so, what are the most important pieces of equipment in each?
  9. What medical supplies do you think are crucial?
  10. What do you intend to do if you run out of supplies?
  11. Do you know how to farm, raise farm animals, or hunt?
  12. How long do you think you and your family/group can survive on its own?

If you dont feel comfortable with posting in public, please feel free to PM me. Also, please remember to leave out any personal information from your answers. They are irrelevant, but more importantly they are none of my business. Thank you all in advance for your input.

Sign in to follow this