Sign in to follow this  
usnmars

Question for cartridge collectors

First let me start off and say that my .45 brass stash is a complete hodgepodge of mostly old milsurp. As long as it is still good I keep on using it. Today I was processing some 1929 Frankford Arsenal .45 and had to ream the primer pockets. They aren't small or large pistol, they are somewhere in between. It isn't primer crimp as it goes all the way down to the bottom of the pocket. I just uniform with a no.4 drill bit and do a finish ream and pocket uniform on them and they are good to go. But the stuff from the mid to late 30's is all standardized large pistol. Yet anything from 1929 and earlier it is a crap shoot, some need converting some is good. The 1915, 1918, and 1912 Frankford doesn't need converting but yet '29, '20, '19 all need converting. When did they standardize the primer sizes?

And yes I know a bunch of you are laughing saying "dude you are shooting almost 100yr old brass" :laugh:

I was going to first say maybe you have Berdan style primer cartridges but then you wouldn't be able to put any sort of primer on there since it has a curved inside. I am just at loss for what you have, your defying firearm history right now.

I have a  38 S&W box of ammo with 41 live rounds.  probably from the 30's.

Made by Remington Arms Union Metallic Cartridge Co.

box and ammo in nice condition. email me for pictures.  pictures too large to upload here.

anyone interested ???  I'm located in Union, N.J.

[email protected]