DenT

Off-duty Newark police officer shoots, wounds attempted carjacker

i foresee lots of chatter about getting the ccw laws changed, but MINIMAL support on the activism end of things. when are you guys gonna wake up and try to seriously do something without excuses? we are ALL on the same TEAM......Lets get it done!

They laid off 105 LEO's in Trenton. It's like a free fire zone down there. Never seen so many stories in the paper about shootings. Nice that they take away the only protection we have and still deny us our God-given right to self-defense.

Not that they were vacation paradises before, but with Camden laying off half its police force and Trenton one-third, I'd advise against anyone going into those kill-zones.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

They laid off 105 LEO's in Trenton. It's like a free fire zone down there. Never seen so many stories in the paper about shootings. Nice that they take away the only protection we have and still deny us our God-given right to self-defense.

Not that they were vacation paradises before, but with Camden laying off half its police force and Trenton one-third, I'd advise against anyone going into those kill-zones.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

It's the same thing in Newark too, remember?

I'm worried as hell about my GF who teaches at a Charter school in Newark

this **** is becoming more and more crazy down there. I'm an armed guard in newark and right now especially with all the layoffs its completely lawless. I hear gunshots all night long. Had a shooting right on the street i work on in front of my own eyes its crazy.

this **** is becoming more and more crazy down there. I'm an armed guard in newark and right now especially with all the layoffs its completely lawless. I hear gunshots all night long. Had a shooting right on the street i work on in front of my own eyes its crazy.

At least you're an ARMED guard.

Personally I think its bs that only off duty cops can carry guns. Why do they have the right while off duty to protect themselves and their families but law abiding citizens do not. What, cops lives are more important then the publics? fugg that, and I don't care if this looks like a cop bashing post, but they shouldn't be treated as some superior life form to the public.

If it was some average Joe they probably would have been killed. Then what will we hear? How it was a tragedy?

To all and this is not meant for everyone but as you read this you will know who you are and I do think this only goes out to a small percentage of the folks here but hopefully it will help some or at least make them think: This is in regards to CCW and our NJ Gun Laws:

This is a good topic and one that we all have concerns about, but bitching about the boat we are in isn't the way to fix the problem, being active in making the change is. There are plenty of groups here in NJ and on the national level that can use your support and participation so unless your one of the people who is pulling there own weight and doing something about it, you don't have a right to complain. Waiting for the next person to do something isn't the way to fix this.

Harry

The sad/funny thing is, this whole situation would be a lot better for people like us (people who demand CCW for citizens of NJ) if the cop was killed.

I can't agree. That poor guy in Atlantic City was killed by carjackers. This cop in Newark wounded a carjacker. The difference was that the cop was carrying and had a chance. That guy in Atlantic City didn't have a chance. Two similar attacks, two very different outcomes. The main reason is that one potential victim had the tools to fight back.

• Like 1

I can't agree. That poor guy in Atlantic City was killed by carjackers. This cop in Newark wounded a carjacker. The difference was that the cop was carrying and had a chance. That guy in Atlantic City didn't have a chance. Two similar attacks, two very different outcomes. The main reason is that one potential victim had the tools to fight back.

If this was a normal place, I would agree with you. In reality, a normal guy gets killed, no one bats an eye. A cop gets killed, people notice. Sure, the gun probably saved his life, but that issue is a distant second to the fact that a cop stopped a carjacking. If he was killed, people might start to think, hey, if our cops are getting killed, how safe are the citizens.

I get what you are saying, and it works here, in our online land of milk and gunpowder, but in hippie NJ, the only way you are going to get CCW is the same way Florida did in the 70s....with blood on the streets.

If this was a normal place, I would agree with you. In reality, a normal guy gets killed, no one bats an eye. A cop gets killed, people notice. Sure, the gun probably saved his life, but that issue is a distant second to the fact that a cop stopped a carjacking. If he was killed, people might start to think, hey, if our cops are getting killed, how safe are the citizens.

I get what you are saying, and it works here, in our online land of milk and gunpowder, but in hippie NJ, the only way you are going to get CCW is the same way Florida did in the 70s....with blood on the streets.

Only if he wasn't carrying his gun. Otherwise it would become, "See! He was armed and he still was murdered! You peons of NJ don't need to carry firearms since you're going to be killed anyway." At least if you're unarmed you might not end the life of some "tragically misguided youth" while being murdered. Can't have that in NJ.

Only if he wasn't carrying his gun. Otherwise it would become, "See! He was armed and he still was murdered! You peons of NJ don't need to carry firearms since you're going to be killed anyway." At least if you're unarmed you might not end the life of some "tragically misguided youth" while being murdered. Can't have that in NJ.

Well that's what I mean. The only reason he is alive is NOT because he is an "off duty cop" but due to the fact that he was carrying. The media sees this as "see, a cop did his job and stopped a criminal." They completely gloss over the fact that the gun saved his life.

I dunno, if things ever get bad enough where crime is happening at my doorstep, I would just start carrying without the states' permission. If they can't control the criminals that are already out there, then they're not gonna be able to do squat about me. The only difference between NJ and 'free' states at that point is that I'll just go on my merry way after shooting a carjacker/mugger/etc. instead of dialing 911. Why stick around and be punished if I don't have to?

• Like 2

I dunno, if things ever get bad enough where crime is happening at my doorstep, I would just start carrying without the states' permission. If they can't control the criminals that are already out there, then they're not gonna be able to do squat about me. The only difference between NJ and 'free' states at that point is that I'll just go on my merry way after shooting a carjacker/mugger/etc. instead of dialing 911. Why stick around and be punished if I don't have to?

Bingo. But you still run the risk of getting caught for a "crime" if someone witnesses the altercation.

To all and this is not meant for everyone but as you read this you will know who you are and I do think this only goes out to a small percentage of the folks here but hopefully it will help some or at least make them think: This is in regards to CCW and our NJ Gun Laws:

This is a good topic and one that we all have concerns about, but bitching about the boat we are in isn't the way to fix the problem, being active in making the change is. There are plenty of groups here in NJ and on the national level that can use your support and participation so unless your one of the people who is pulling there own weight and doing something about it, you don't have a right to complain. Waiting for the next person to do something isn't the way to fix this.

Harry

What are these groups, (besides the NRA), and how do we get involved?? I'm all about it. If I have to be stuck in this state, I might as well help the cause. On a side note, isnt Chris Christie AGAINST guns? Arent Republicans supposed to FOR guns?

Caught how? The cops have bigger fish to catch in that kind of a criminal environment.

all it takes is getting pulled over on some stupid violation, and the good old "please step out of the vehicle" using probable cause as an excuse.

What are these groups, (besides the NRA), and how do we get involved?? I'm all about it. If I have to be stuck in this state, I might as well help the cause. On a side note, isnt Chris Christie AGAINST guns? Arent Republicans supposed to FOR guns?

Judging by his words and actions, I believe he is very PRO guns. However, he knows it won't pass, so he doesn't bring it up, thus, not scaring those votes away. To him it is not an issue worth fighting a brick wall for.

Judging by his words and actions, I believe he is very PRO guns. However, he knows it won't pass, so he doesn't bring it up, thus, not scaring those votes away. To him it is not an issue worth fighting a brick wall for.

fyi...

Christie1995001.jpg

What are these groups, (besides the NRA), and how do we get involved?? I'm all about it. If I have to be stuck in this state, I might as well help the cause.

Here are a few:

NJ2AS

ANJRPC

SAF

USCCA

Here are a few to start you off.

Harry

Riiight thats why since he's been Governor, he has put a rabidly Anti-gun Democrat as Attorney general. Under her and HIS watch we can no longer buy Rifles from CMP without going through an FFL, the NJSP FINALLY authorized an M-1 carbine Copy as good to go, and the Ag subsequently (Within a couple of days) UNauthorized them, IO arms rifles were deemed to be "Substantially identical to a named weapon on the banned list (AK-47) Even thougb they are made 100% in the US and are not "Avtomat Kalashnikov" marked...do I need to go on?

Before my brother got laid off from Camden police department, if you shot but didn't hit a person or private property, they would just give you a criminal mischief charge. Also, he has been shot at several times by fully automatic fire for just simply given someone a ticket while his buddy saw and didnt like it.