NCBound73

transporting from NJ to DE

http://www.evannappen.com/uploads/1/0/8/0/1080251/m.r.appdecision.pdf

Read this appellate case. To sum it up, Defendant driving grandfather's car had flat tire, police stopped to investigate, registration in trunk. Defendant opened trunk in front of police to get registration. Police observed gun in trunk. Defendant arrested for illegal gun possession because he was ineligible to have gun from prior disqualification convictions. No mention of transport violations. Conviction overturned on basis that defendant did not know gun was in trunk as he was using his grandfather's car.

Why take a chance (as small as it may be)

because you are allowing paranoia to turn you into a liar..

traveling from point A to point B within the state.. with a firearm in the car.. you NEED to fit one of the NJ qualifiers to remain legal...

traveling from point A to point B when going to ANOTHER state then the situation is no longer in the hands of NJ, providing you comply with FOPA (which oddly enough pretty much satisfies NJ laws regarding transport as well (in trunk away from driver)..

FOPA states this..

and.. even the NJSP firearms division agrees with this..

there is no "chance".. why take the chance driving a car, when a cop MIGHT mistakenly charge you with speeding? because the fear of being unjustly prosecuted for speeding when you are NOT is unreasonable.. just like fearing an illegal weapons charge when you are NOT breaking the law is unreasonable.. just like I was told today by NJSP.. while in NJ the gun has gotta be away from the the drivers control.. and just as they told me on the phone.. check with PA because I need to comply with them as well.. they OPENLY told me exactly what we have been discussing (in not so many words).. NJ jurisdiction stops at the bridge.. their not going to prosecute you for taking a gun you legally own to another state, where you may legally have said gun..

• Like 3