Sign in to follow this  
imperialfish

THE BATTLEFIELD 3 BETA

THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY PRE-ORDERED THE PC DIGITAL DOWNLOAD VERSION OF BATTLEFIELD 3 THROUGH ORIGIN OR OWN THE LIMITED/TIER 1 EDITION OF MEDAL OF HONOR FOR XBOX 360, PLAYSTATION 3 OR PC, WILL HAVE EARLY ACCESS STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 27TH. THE OPEN BETA ENDS ON OCTOBER 10TH

I will be testing it tonight :sarcastichand:

My vid card is not up to snuff for BF3. What do you guy recommend as an upgrade?

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-performance-radeon-geforce,3018.html

^damn good place for research.

as for BF3, its pretty glitchy, but thats what betas are for i suppose. never ending loading screens where i have to dashboard to get out (playing on 360), spawn in and my screen is as dark as it was when i was spec'ing and in my menus so i cant see **** til i die. one guy even got under the map. oh and i'm not a fan of prone. overall though having a lot of fun. once i got the hang of the map and knew when/where to expect bad guys it got a lot more fun. definitely going to be the top FPS imo.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-performance-radeon-geforce,3018.html

^damn good place for research.

as for BF3, its pretty glitchy, but thats what betas are for i suppose. never ending loading screens where i have to dashboard to get out (playing on 360), spawn in and my screen is as dark as it was when i was spec'ing and in my menus so i cant see **** til i die. one guy even got under the map. oh and i'm not a fan of prone. overall though having a lot of fun. once i got the hang of the map and knew when/where to expect bad guys it got a lot more fun. definitely going to be the top FPS imo.

Same problems as I've been having. Except I like prone lol. I got the SV98 out last night before I got off and was taking heads out to 400 meters. I can explain the under the map thing. The follow cam after you get killed glitches and doesn't get assigned to the person who killed you. Only happens once in a while. I have a couple issues with it, but its a beta. This is the one time they'll listen to us.

Same problems as I've been having. Except I like prone lol. I got the SV98 out last night before I got off and was taking heads out to 400 meters. I can explain the under the map thing. The follow cam after you get killed glitches and doesn't get assigned to the person who killed you. Only happens once in a while. I have a couple issues with it, but its a beta. This is the one time they'll listen to us.

Well sort of... I have been in more closed & open "betas" than I care to count and 9 times out of 10 they are just to generate hype, so the game has a good opening. 99% of the problems you find, they already know about and they are already working on a solution. If your lucky you will see a solution in the first 3 patches ;)

Well sort of... I have been in more closed & open "betas" than I care to count and 9 times out of 10 they are just to generate hype, so the game has a good opening. 99% of the problems you find, they already know about and they are already working on a solution. If your lucky you will see a solution in the first 3 patches ;)

True, but sometimes that one thing slips through the closed Beta testers, that someone pics up on in the open beta. Hell they could have pulled a Call of Duty and not done a beta at all lol.

So Who's getting it? I already have it pre-loaded on my system and Just spent a small fortune upgrading my PC after it took a dump on Caspain border. I need to flash my bios for the new Processor... wish me luck!! If there is interest post your Orgin Name. Some jerk stole jackdawack, so my user name is Jackthewack..

True, but sometimes that one thing slips through the closed Beta testers, that someone pics up on in the open beta. Hell they could have pulled a Call of Duty and not done a beta at all lol.

Yeah, there were a ton of glitches in this beta that weren't in the alpha or closed beta. People falling through maps, and wall glitches were horrible. People confirmed that when the open beta started, many glitches popped up, myself noting a few. On a positive side, i am really impressed with the game, every aspect of the game is pretty spot on and the game play is phenomenal. people were b*tching about the beta alot, but the reality is, it wasnt optimized in any way shape or form, so if you liked the beta, the released version will be that much better.

Regarding the PC version, I heard through the grapevine that the final build of the Frostbite 2.0 engine wasn't even utilized in the beta. Of course it wasn't a final build (hence beta), but I did find it odd that Dice wouldn't want to stress test the new engine. Maybe it would explain why they wouldn't let PC users change any of the default settings around during the beta...

Needlessly to say, I'm psyched, and as soon as the first weekend of the beta had passed, I had a copy pre-ordered. I'm holding my breath a bit, as developers recently, for some reason, think releasing super-buggy games that need day-one patching is OK... I'll reserve my judgement until after the proverbial dust has settled.

Regarding the PC version, I heard through the grapevine that the final build of the Frostbite 2.0 engine wasn't even utilized in the beta. Of course it wasn't a final build (hence beta), but I did find it odd that Dice wouldn't want to stress test the new engine. Maybe it would explain why they wouldn't let PC users change any of the default settings around during the beta...

Needlessly to say, I'm psyched, and as soon as the first weekend of the beta had passed, I had a copy pre-ordered. I'm holding my breath a bit, as developers recently, for some reason, think releasing super-buggy games that need day-one patching is OK... I'll reserve my judgement until after the proverbial dust has settled.

You could change the video settings from the in-game menu. I was wondering the same thing about the new frostbite engine, i hope it's ready. The best part about frostbite is that it utilizes as many processor cores that you have, so the AMD 6x+ core processors are actually performing on par with the intel's, but substantially cheaper.

If FB2 utilizes all the cores then people who just bought the new Octet core processors are gonna have some extreme graphics, assuming their graphics card doesn't implode from the stress.

Not long now until the game is released. Just about 20 hours, give or take.

It's midnight pacific time so 3am eastern... ughh, gonna have to wait until after work tomorrow.

yea im not getting it online im getting it from gamestop for xbox360. i get it at our midnight. well assuming it doesnt take too long. i remember when mw2 came out the line was insane and i said screw that, went to sleep and picked it up later that day instead. that and ill probably be playing til 5-6am anyway so even if i couldnt get it til 3 it wouldnt be that heartbreaking.

How do I add friends on EA origins? I got the PC version.

I actually just got an email linking me to the updated version of Origin that is required for the retail/full version of BF3 for the PC. Once you open it up, there is a cogwheel on the top, next to a question mark. If you click on that, you'll see "Add a friend..."

@jackdawack: I didn't realize you got the digital copy. I did the same thing when I got BF: Bad Company 2 actually, and didn't realize I couldn't play it (even though I had it pre-downloaded as well) until 3AM.

If you want my Origin info, shoot me a PM