BlackOps Badger

Post creepy stuff!

It's close enough to Halloween that I think it's time to post downright creepy things. Stories, videos, pictures, etc.

I'll start off.

Slender Man. I know it's fake, but this myth absolutely terrifies me and I don't know why. This kind of stuff doesn't usually get to me, but this one does.

SlenderMan_2926.png

slenderforest2bcopy852.jpg

slenderlast.gif

• Like 1

I love this time of the year, with all the urban legends and myths, scary stories, and horror attractions (not to mention the excuse for attractive ladies to dress in manners quite flattering :icon_e_wink:).

What intrigues me is that many legends and myths are of course tied to some truth-- no matter how long it has been stretched. While, say, pumpkins are a specifically American concept, how the stories are linked to tradition and superstition really gives it a refreshingly scary feel.

I had the chance to go to Jamestown for Halloween a few years back, and that was really something. I really abhor the "ghost hunter" shows as it ends up being terrible television. However, I do find the subject matter to really be quite something.

I was classically trained in signals intelligence and signals theory, specifically electronics intelligence. When I worked garrison, and worked the graveyard shift, my section would sit around with the COMINT (communications intelligence) guys, and discuss the possibilities of the "white noise" phenomenon. We ran basic tests (don't worry, we didn't misuse government property, haha), and found that the phenomenon was very much plausible-- and I say "plausible" because we used a controlled environment with little to no variables. The fact that signals continue to reverberate long after they are gone, and at different freq ranges, is puzzling and mind-blowing. Whether or not they are linked to ghosts is a different matter entirely.

I'm a huge sucker for the localized urban legends. There is the story of the school bus full of kids in Colorado near the train tracks, Clinton Rd in northern NJ, Jamestown, VA, etc. A horror movie that really plays on the legends that I thoroughly enjoyed, and has been discussed on these forums before I believe, is Trick 'r Treat. Hmm, yes, viewing session is in order as Halloween approaches.

if you are into Halloween scary stuff.. and you go to ONE haunted attraction EVER in your entire lifetime.. GO HERE

http://www.hotelofhorror.com/

I do a few of these every October. Have you been to this one and how long is the walk through?

One of my favorites are Field of terror.

Don't bother with Terror behind the Walls unless you like to wait 5 hours in line and see not much for about 25 minutes.

I do a few of these every October. Have you been to this one and how long is the walk through?

One of my favorites are Field of terror.

Don't bother with Terror behind the Walls unless you like to wait 5 hours in line and see not much for about 25 minutes.

I go to MANY every year... and like I said.. it is truly unbelievable.. they send people through only a couple at a time so you really FEEL it.. the actors are amazing.. and the makeup is epic.. I would drive 5 days in a car for ONE night at this place.. and I am a Halloween NUT... the experience is second to none.. to put it into perspective.. it makes terror behind the walls appear to be a joke setup by a bunch of guys in their yard.. the hotel itself just creates this wicked vibe.. very little BS decorations.. mostly just INTENSE scenes.. I will be going there Saturday night.. and literally can NOT wait..

Everything I am about to post is 100% true. Over many decades, I have decided that some of it may have been influenced by hysteria. But, at the time, we were pretty damn smart and rational people that evaluated situations logically.

Back in the 80s, before the Dark Days of the AWB, we used to go out into the sand pits north or east of Vincentown to for target practice or to blast the living **** outta stuff.

Often we went out there at night. There were many strange nights, but this one was the strangest. When we got into the sandpit of choice, it was completely silent. There was no sound of any kind. With the vehicle lights turned off, there was no light whatsoever. You couldn't see your hand in front of your face. We started playing with vehicle headlights, flashlights, and the strongest Q-beam of the time. There was a strange mist over the land that started at about 30 feet and went up to about 100 feet. It was completely discontinuous, and generally did not cover the ground, and we could see clearly a few hundred yards. We could also see the sky clearly. It was black without a single star. And, it was completely cloudless, and no skyglow. Completely black and empty. We could not get any response from the sky with the Q-beam. It was just plain black.

We were going to get ready to shoot at some wrecked cars. But, at about 150 yards, there was an outcropping of bushes that started bustling. The bushes were at least 75 yards from the nearest treeline. Being young and dumb, and the rest that goes with that cliche, we approached with weapons pointed downrange. When we got within about 25 yards, the thrashing in the bushes got so intense that both of us could tell (and later discussed) that there was a "humanoid" beating around in there, we could distinguish this from the grey figure and it was no deer nor other expected animal.

So, we called out challenges, with no response other than increased activity from the opposition.

When it was done, we approached. There were signs of disturbance inside these isolated bushes in the middle of a sand pit, but no signs or prints in the sand leaving the area from any direction. Once we circled back around to the position from which we originally approached, we saw hoof prints. Two-legged. And not deer. Following our original tracks towards the bushes, over 150 yards, but in the reverse direction. The prints did not start at the bushes. We estimated they started about 30 yards away from the bushes. Not sure how they started in the middle of nowhere like that.

Everything I am about to post is 100% true. Over many decades, I have decided that some of it may have been influenced by hysteria. But, at the time, we were pretty damn smart and rational people that evaluated situations logically.

Back in the 80s, before the Dark Days of the AWB, we used to go out into the sand pits north or east of Vincentown to for target practice or to blast the living **** outta stuff.

Often we went out there at night. There were many strange nights, but this one was the strangest. When we got into the sandpit of choice, it was completely silent. There was no sound of any kind. With the vehicle lights turned off, there was no light whatsoever. You couldn't see your hand in front of your face. We started playing with vehicle headlights, flashlights, and the strongest Q-beam of the time. There was a strange mist over the land that started at about 30 feet and went up to about 100 feet. It was completely discontinuous, and generally did not cover the ground, and we could see clearly a few hundred yards. We could also see the sky clearly. It was black without a single star. And, it was completely cloudless, and no skyglow. Completely black and empty. We could not get any response from the sky with the Q-beam. It was just plain black.

We were going to get ready to shoot at some wrecked cars. But, at about 150 yards, there was an outcropping of bushes that started bustling. The bushes were at least 75 yards from the nearest treeline. Being young and dumb, and the rest that goes with that cliche, we approached with weapons pointed downrange. When we got within about 25 yards, the thrashing in the bushes got so intense that both of us could tell (and later discussed) that there was a "humanoid" beating around in there, we could distinguish this from the grey figure and it was no deer nor other expected animal.

So, we called out challenges, with no response other than increased activity from the opposition.

When it was done, we approached. There were signs of disturbance inside these isolated bushes in the middle of a sand pit, but no signs or prints in the sand leaving the area from any direction. Once we circled back around to the position from which we originally approached, we saw hoof prints. Two-legged. And not deer. Following our original tracks towards the bushes, over 150 yards, but in the reverse direction. The prints did not start at the bushes. We estimated they started about 30 yards away from the bushes. Not sure how they started in the middle of nowhere like that.

200px-Jersey_Devil_Philadelphia_Post_1909.jpg

I go to MANY every year... and like I said.. it is truly unbelievable.. they send people through only a couple at a time so you really FEEL it.. the actors are amazing.. and the makeup is epic.. I would drive 5 days in a car for ONE night at this place.. and I am a Halloween NUT... the experience is second to none.. to put it into perspective.. it makes terror behind the walls appear to be a joke setup by a bunch of guys in their yard.. the hotel itself just creates this wicked vibe.. very little BS decorations.. mostly just INTENSE scenes.. I will be going there Saturday night.. and literally can NOT wait..

I'll be heading there in the next few weeks. thanks

Yea, thanks, Vlad, I might have to check it out as well. It's not too far of a drive from my area too (a little under 2 hours). I've done terror behind the walls, and it really is quite boring (I think because it is way overcrowded). Field of Terror is pretty good, and what makes it more convenient for me is that it's like 15 minutes away. But it's about time I changed things up, so, maybe the Hotel of Horror is just what I need.

It was either the Jersey Devil or Loretta Weinberg. ...Or both

prepare to call me nuts! The house I grew up in appeared normal in every way, built in the early 80's. But we had a ghost. I dont know how, but somehow the family gave them the nickname " The Freds." They are shadows of people and the primary one was a tall man with a derby style hat on. You would see them almost daily normally at the top of the stairs. It got to the point that my grandma and a couple of my friends wouldn't stay over. The "Freds" weren't shy about being seen. You would wake up in the morning and all of the cabinets in the kitchen would be wide open and stuff would be moved around the house. At night the lights will sometimes turn off and on like someone is just flicking the switch, and the light switch will move. It got to the point as a kid you would just shout "Fred quit it" and it would stop.

One time when I was about 9 I had a couple of friends sleep over. We set up sleeping bags in the living room and trying to go to sleep. My dad has a huge key ring for work that he would hang in the kitchen. About 11pm the key ring started shaking and rattling. We look over in the kitchen and there isn't anyone there. But the keys keep shaking, louder and louder. After about 3 minutes the keys fly off the hook and land on the kitchen counter. Sure enough at about 1115 there were a couple of kids calling mom to come pick them up. They didn't believe me about the "freds" until that night.

When I was in the Navy, every time I would come home on leave the strange things thing would happen. Our spare bedroom would smell like pipe tobacco. Nobody in the family smokes a pipe, and the smell would be isolated to the spare room and it only happened when I was home on leave. If you step 6" out of the room you wouldn't smell it. Occasionally you would notice the rocking chair in the room rocking on its own, and the smell would get strong. It was like someone was sitting in the rocking chair smoking a pipe. Every male in my family all the way back to the Revolution has served in the Navy, so my grandma would say that it was one of them looking after me. Since I have been discharged nobody has smelled the pipe.

Now that the kids are all grown up we rarely see the "Freds." Once in a blue moon there will be something out of place which I interpret as them letting us know they are still here. They weren't bad, I think they were just having fun. My mom always said they were just looking after us and once in a while would like to have fun.

I know, laugh all you want.....

I got another one.

My friends dad has a statue of Winston Churchill in his living room. Nothing big, it's about 12 inches tall. Everytime we go over there and his dad leaves the room my buddy turns the statue 45 degrees to the right so he I looking at the recliner. My friends dad believes that the statue is haunted, and tells everyone about it when you go over the house. This has been running for about 15 years apparently and was started by my friends older brother.

• Like 1

I got another one.

My friends dad has a statue of Winston Churchill in his living room. Nothing big, it's about 12 inches tall. Everytime we go over there and his dad leaves the room my buddy turns the statue 45 degrees to the right so he I looking at the recliner. My friends dad believes that the statue is haunted, and tells everyone about it when you go over the house. This has been running for about 15 years apparently and was started by my friends older brother.

That's great! :D

When I was in High School (1990) we use to drive up to a place in Verona called overbrook. It was an abandoned mental institution from the 60's. We would go at night and it was really creepy. It was said to be haunted with the souls of all the insane people that died there (over 10,000). The most creepy thing about this place was one small room that had only a wooden rocking chair in the center of it. The floor of the room was completely covered with a layer of dust an inch thick while the chair that sat in the center had no dust whatsoever on it. And no footprints leading to the chair.

• Like 1

When I was in High School (1990) we use to drive up to a place in Verona called overbrook. It was an abandoned mental institution from the 70's. We would go at night and it was really creepy. It was said to be haunted with the souls of all the insane people that died there. The most creepy thing about this place was one small room that had only a wooden rocking chair in the center of it. The floor of the room was completely covered with a layer of dust an inch thick while the chair that sat in the center had no dust whatsoever on it. And no footprints leading to the chair.

Holy Chit!

Been there a few dozen times. I loved that place. Crazy hallways filled with old x-rays and medical files. Graffiti and broken glass everywhere. It was GREAT. In 92 we kidnapped 10 of our fraternity pledges and dropped them off in the center courtyard, with instructions they had to make it back to Monmouth by dawn to make us breakfast. HA! I was such a dick...

They eventually tore it down. What a blast from the past...

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

I'm not a real big believer in ghosts, but I do think I crossed paths with one.

I was staying at this really old hotel in Stockbridge, MA 2 summers ago. It was built in the 1800' s and its very historic. The second night I was there, I went to walk the stairs to the second floor where my room was. As I approached the stairs, a really old lady with a cane was climbing the stairs. One step at a time, extremely slow. I was waiting for her because I could not get around her on the steps. Growing impatient, I noticed another set of steps directly across from me. I walked over to those steps, went to the second floor and proceeded to my room. As I walked down the hall I had to pass the first set of steps to get to my room. As I passed the steps I noticed the old lady was gone. There was no way she got up the rest of those steps and got into her room at that pace before I got to them. It really freaked me out. I ran down the steps the lady was on thinking maybe she turned around, but she was nowhere to be found. I thought about it the whole night. In the morning I went down to the dining room for breakfast. Sat down and ordered. As I was sitting there waiting for my eggs, I looked at a mirror across from me and noticed that directly behind me , above my head, was hand painted picture of the original owners of the hotel. It was the old lady I saw on the stairs.

I only had one bear (beer) that night.

I'm not a real big believer in ghosts, but I do think I crossed paths with one.

I was staying at this really old hotel in Stockbridge, MA 2 summers ago. It was built in the 1800' s and its very historic. The second night I was there, I went to walk the stairs to the second floor where my room was. As I approached the stairs, a really old lady with a cane was climbing the stairs. One step at a time, extremely slow. I was waiting for her because I could not get around her on the steps. Growing impatient, I noticed another set of steps directly across from me. I walked over to those steps, went to the second floor and proceeded to my room. As I walked down the hall I had to pass the first set of steps to get to my room. As I passed the steps I noticed the old lady was gone. There was no way she got up the rest of those steps and got into her room at that pace before I got to them. It really freaked me out. I ran down the steps the lady was on thinking maybe she turned around, but she was nowhere to be found. I thought about it the whole night. In the morning I went down to the dining room for breakfast. Sat down and ordered. As I was sitting there waiting for my eggs, I looked at a mirror across from me and noticed that directly being me , above my head was hand painted picture of the original owners of the hotel. It was the old lady I saw on the stairs.

I only had one bear that night.

One "bear" will do you but three posts is overkill ;)

When I was in High School (1990) we use to drive up to a place in Verona called overbrook. It was an abandoned mental institution from the 70's. We would go at night and it was really creepy. It was said to be haunted with the souls of all the insane people that died there. The most creepy thing about this place was one small room that had only a wooden rocking chair in the center of it. The floor of the room was completely covered with a layer of dust an inch thick while the chair that sat in the center had no dust whatsoever on it. And no footprints leading to the chair.

Holy Chit!

Been there a few dozen times. I loved that place. Crazy hallways filled with old x-rays and medical files. Graffiti and broken glass everywhere. It was GREAT. In 92 we kidnapped 10 of our fraternity pledges and dropped them off in the center courtyard, with instructions they had to make it back to Monmouth by dawn to make us breakfast. HA! I'm such a dick...

Here's a creepy vid of it.

Holy Chit!

Been there a few dozen times. I loved that place. Crazy hallways filled with old x-rays and medical files. Graffiti and broken glass everywhere. It was GREAT. In 92 we kidnapped 10 of our fraternity pledges and dropped them off in the center courtyard, with instructions they had to make it back to Monmouth by dawn to make us breakfast. HA! I'm such a dick...

Here's a creepy vid of it.

Wow! Great footage. I never saw the place in the daytime. What an awesome structure and property. They shouldn't have tore it down.