Sign in to follow this  
creeper

Newark Watershed ?

Ive been hunting the shed for years , When the state passed the sunday hunting law , it was still a no-go on watershed property. I just picked up my permit and it doesnt say anything about no Sunday hunting ! . I even found the 2009 and 2010 watershed regs and it specifically spells out NO SUNDAY HUNTING. Now either I didnt get all the paperwork when I picked up my permit today or they are allowing Sunday hunting , Their web site is no help , anyone no what gives?

Ive been hunting the shed for years , When the state passed the sunday hunting law , it was still a no-go on watershed property. I just picked up my permit and it doesnt say anything about no Sunday hunting ! . I even found the 2009 and 2010 watershed regs and it specifically spells out NO SUNDAY HUNTING. Now either I didnt get all the paperwork when I picked up my permit today or they are allowing Sunday hunting , Their web site is no help , anyone no what gives?

Don't know about watershed property, I would imagine that's up the them. The state regs don't allow Sunday hunting in state parks, but WMA's are OK.

How is the hunting in the watershed? Im completely new to hunting but Id like to give it a shot next years shotgun season..

Depends , the deer are there , its a matter of finding them . There is plenty of land to hunt , problem is once guys see your truck park in a particular area a few times , they start hunting there themselves.

Depends , the deer are there , its a matter of finding them . There is plenty of land to hunt , problem is once guys see your truck park in a particular area a few times , they start hunting there themselves.

I've seen deer milling about in the new giant swath of open land where the pipeline is. Is that considered watershed...one would think you could put a stand on the side and shoot 'em like fish in a barrel.

Watershed NO sunday hunting but that has been determined....it is hard land to hunt....pre-season scouting is the key there is SOO much land it is hit and miss....

I've seen deer milling about in the new giant swath of open land where the pipeline is. Is that considered watershed...one would think you could put a stand on the side and shoot 'em like fish in a barrel.

I would imagine that area right off Canistear is watershed , although the actual pipeline cut may have been purchased by the Tennessee Pipeline company , also some of that area of Highland Lakes from Canistear across to to rt 515 is privately owned .