Sign in to follow this  
glockman26

Ithaca SKB Model 800

A co-worker of mine wants to sell me his Ithaca SKB Model 800 O/U 12 gauge shotgun. From what I know, these guns were manufactured in Japan for Ithaca from the mid 60's to the mid 70's. I shot it at the range and smashed the clays nicely, A very nice looking firearm - seems to be in great shape with only a deep scratch on the stock. Not much info on the web on this O/U. I think I can get it for $500 which I think is a good deal.

Anyone know anything about this Ithaca SKB ?

SKB is the gunsmith firm Shigyo Sakaba in Japan. They have been around since 1855. SKB history

The 800 is a high grade skeet or trap gun that SKB made for Ithaca. (They also made O/U's for Weatherby for a number of years. The Orion model name should come to mind for some.) SKB's are excellent shotguns. There is a forum on ShotgunWorld dedicated for just SKB shotguns if you have more questions or want to research your model more.

For $500, this is a very good price for this used gun. It has an extremely strong lockup and is as good in quality as any 68X Beretta or Citori O/U and I'd pick it over the Ruger O/U any day.

The Brits take their shotguns seriously, and the SKB models sold across the pond would be considered exquisite in quality. SKB - UK