alec.mc

Firearms Defendant Kills Himself

Apologies if this has been posted already, I couldn't seem to find it on here.

I came across this article on another forum and thought i'd share. It's a sad story and is a prime example on why these absurd restrictive laws for the average citizen needs to change. Though, we do not know the whole story and what exactly happen, it is still worth a read.

http://www.mountain-news.com/news/article_a5e490da-eaab-11e0-bedb-001cc4c002e0.html

Also, Apparently this is the full unedited letter that the article did not supply

"An open letter to the Mountain Communities

I was a collector of fine firearms both military and commercial. The actual value of the firearms and ammo taken from me was $283,000.00. The terrorist threat charge was made against me by a girl I broke up with over 4 months ago. She had called at all hours of the day and night and the Sheriff’s have the evidence in both our phone records. I called for help over 3 different months to no avail. Recently she broke into my house through a dog door and changed my email password and stole several items of mine. I never threatened her life and had only called her 2 times in the last 3-4 months. To her ever increasing attacks on me, all I can say to the Sheriff’s is “Total shame on you”.

When I was arrested, they had already possessed both our phone records and recordings of my alleged threats and no corroborating witnesses. The explosive charges against me are for possessing more than 1 pound of sporting (Goex) black powder, possessing military tracer rounds illegal in California, but legal in Arizona, Nevada and other states, and for a destructive device that is a $250.00 black powder golf ball commercially manufactured and clearly stamped for “Black Powder Only” with a fuse hole in the base.

I possess only 1 California Assault weapons license that was issued to me in 1990. Notice that the enclosed license is marked temporary as no permanent one was ever issued. I can only fire one rifle at a time but regardless, they discovered an additional 5 banned rifles without permits.

In 47 years, I have absolutely no criminal or civil record. My bail was set at half a million dollars and most likely will be raised to 1.5 million in my next court appearance. I am not a survivalist, paramilitarist, nor a right or left-winger. I am an American citizen who loves to go into the desert to shoot rifles, pistols and shot guns. I wished I could have had a 155mm Howister canon too, but I did not. My guns have never killed any living thing, and in my 31 years of target shooting, no harm has ever been inflicted upon any beings.

I read the articles about my arrest, and I am astounded by the fact that these officers lied about how they even came to arrest me. Please re-read the articles again.

I found out this 47 year old girlfriend has a history of attacking and suing her last 3 boyfriends. This is a fact that I have found out too late. The police have recording of her on tape admitting to have broken into my house. During the breach, she managed to open my computer and proceeded to change my email, passwords and other devious things.

I have owned my house on Firwood drive in Running Springs for 20 years, and in one day I lost my house, closed my business and had every item taken from me of significant value that I had collected over the span of my lifetime. I spent 6 days in jail and after posting bail of $500,000.00, I got out and spent time with my parents, family, and my dog. Within days of this, I had to go back to court and the judge immediately issued a criminal restraining order against me. “Amazing”!

I cannot let my freedom be placed in control by our present justice system. I have consulted with many top lawyers, and all advised me that 10 years ago, this search warrant would have been illegal; not anymore.

We Americans are losing too many of our rights under the guides of terrorism laws. The bottom line is that the above stated violations will result in a 6 year stay in state prison with the lowest end being a 1 year term with felony conviction. I apologize to all that know me, but I cannot handle that I am now penniless, homeless and about to lose my freedom over my zealous collecting. Thank you for all the times we had. It is better to die a free and armed man than a broke, imprisoned and un-armed one. "

• Like 3

Man, that hurts to read, it's a shame that it came to that, I guess each person handles things differently and it was his choice right or wrong. Only problem is I have have known people who have taken their own lives, while it was probably the hardest decision they ever had to make I doubt;t any of them gave enough weight to what it would do to there family and friends. Unless I was in vegetative state and no chance of coming back, I want to be around.

Harry

75% the overreacting ex's fault, 25% the authorities for overreacting like this.

I agree with that in regards to what drove him to make the decision he finally made, but that final decision was 100% his, and while I say that, I still think it's a shame that it happened at all.

Harry

What they took away/stole was bad enough, but what may be even worse is what they were going to give him -- a Felon tag. For someone who (as reported) never had any run-ins with the law, there's probably nothing worse than going from law-abiding Citizen to convicted felon overnight, especially with little hope of justice in an anti-Constitution state like CA. That alone has to be so overwhelming psychologically. It always strikes me as remarkable that real felons most likely don't feel this same shame, but the people against whom these gun laws are targeted -- the law-abiders -- are driven by respect for the laws that aim to turn them into felons. What absurd times.

But hey, at least they dismissed the charges.