Ray Ray

Who could do this?

You know whats really weird, I don't even want to get up on the roof of my house above the first floor, but I never have a problem flying my Hang Gliders, I have taken off off of sloped launches, to standing on the edge of a cliff, towed off a back of a pickup truck getting pulled up like a kite and towed behind ultralight aircraft like glider planes all in my Hang Gliders, I have been above 2 miles off the ground and not a problem with it at all.

Climb that tower, a resounding H3LL NO!!

Harry

You know whats really weird, I don't even want to get up on the roof of my house above the first floor, but I never have a problem flying my Hang Gliders, I have taken off off of sloped launches, to standing on the edge of a cliff, towed off a back of a pickup truck getting pulled up like a kite and towed behind ultralight aircraft like glider planes all in my Hang Gliders, I have been above 2 miles off the ground and not a problem with it at all.

Climb that tower, a resounding H3LL NO!!

Harry

I'm AIRBORNE, and I couldn't do it, either. Today. But, I could work my way up to it. There would be a lot of work on the way up.

I actually worked on some much smaller radio towers in Central America during the late 80s/early 90s. 200 feet or less, and with stairs for Pete's sake. Not even climbing. Just stairs. Sorta like East NJ fire towers but taller and shittier. That stuff gets to moving and you get a real sudden love-hate relationship with the earth. I am not afraid of heights, but it takes a little time for the rear/lower portions of the brain to catch up with the front portions that report what types of experiences have been verified not to kill you and where the real danger lines appear to be. For me, at least.

Who builds something like that with walkways, and then lets it fall to ****?

I actually looked it up. It was built in 1901 as a way to get from one part of a hydro electric plant to another. Plant shut down, and everyone stopped caring about it. It's now closed but Spain is working on repairing it and reopening it to the public. Type it into Wikipedia, lots of cool info about it.