SkinsFan

Christmas Charities?

Anyone know of any Xmas charities in our state to donate gifts too?

Ive seen a few online Like the Angel tree but I cant seem to find anything in NJ..

I would like to keep it to charities within the US

Every year I do a big christmas dinner with all my friends a few days before the holiday. The only thing we ask people to bring is an unwrapped childrens toy, and the day before christmas eve we drop off att the toys as the Robert Wood Johnson Childrens Hospital.

• Like 1

Every year I do a big christmas dinner with all my friends a few days before the holiday. The only thing we ask people to bring is an unwrapped childrens toy, and the day before christmas eve we drop off att the toys as the Robert Wood Johnson Childrens Hospital.

I think that is awesome.

I personally like the foundations for kids with terminal illness' and things along that line. Anybody know anything about the make a wish foundation?

Bryan, you will hear more about it on Sunday....

however a few suggestions.

As we started out earlier in the year, donations to the CJRPC Youth Program in the name of a member who lost a daughter.

Anastasia is big on March for Dimes (premature babies)

I started more with The Painted Turtle, which is a camp in CA for children with serious illnesses (that would otherwise not be able to go to camp).

And of course the necessary evil NRA and the SAF.

The mall by me has a wish wall up about a month before Christmas. You can pick a name off the wall and the paper has what the kid wants for Christmas. I think a lot of malls do this and your helping someone local.

I would like to contribute if you guys do a group thing for some organization.

I think that is awesome.

I personally like the foundations for kids with terminal illness' and things along that line. Anybody know anything about the make a wish foundation?

I feel strongly about charity, and kids charity all the more.

I have a friend who was diagnosed with cancer a few days after we graduated high school in 2007. Seeing it effect someone my age who was always a strong athletic guy really showed me how lucky I have it. I don't think that anyone want to be away from their family around christmas, much less a child, much less a sick child. I figure that if those presents get to kids in need, it could make the kid a little happier, and might help take the pressure off a parent who is already in a situation I couldn't even imagine myself in.

Each year during Christmas time, I participate in an Airsoft game we call "Shots for Tots". A field donates the play time and each player brings at least 1 unwrapped toy or $20. Everything goes to Toys for Tots.

I was thinking maybe we could partner with a range to do this - maybe Range 14 or someplace else. A toy for a couple hours of range time?

Each year during Christmas time, I participate in an Airsoft game we call "Shots for Tots". A field donates the play time and each player brings at least 1 unwrapped toy or $20. Everything goes to Toys for Tots.

I was thinking maybe we could partner with a range to do this - maybe Range 14 or someplace else. A toy for a couple hours of range time?

Im sure if you talked to either them, OB, CJ, or CR someone would be willing to help. God knows we have enough people on here that are members there.