BierGut

Time Period You Guys Have Been Seeing...

maksim, axeman and hd2000fxdl -

i appreciate your replies to my post. im not actually laughing, poor choice of words. i'm just trying to get a handle on how many permits i can request. i think this is an important topic and i'm glad to have this exchange of information. sounds like i can ask for 3-4 if i'd like.

i appreciate your replies to my post. im not actually laughing, poor choice of words. i'm just trying to get a handle on how many permits i can request. i think this is an important topic and i'm glad to have this exchange of information. sounds like i can ask for 3-4 if i'd like.

Here: Link

You can ask for 500 permits. They cannot limit you. If you have the $2 per permit, you can request as many as you want.

Legally, you can purchase one a month, so 6 permits including 3 that will get extended.

However, if you have the money for 500 guns, and 500 permits, you can fill out an exemption form from the 30 day one gun a month and buy 500 guns.

For all the trouble we go through to get permits, there is no reason not to request 6 permits.

You can ask for 500 permits. They cannot limit you. If you have the $2 per permit, you can request as many as you want.

Legally, you can purchase one a month, so 6 permits including 3 that will get extended.

However, if you have the money for 500 guns, and 500 permits, you can fill out an exemption form from the 30 day one gun a month and buy 500 guns.

For all the trouble we go through to get permits, there is no reason not to request 6 permits.

maksim- i see you are located in east windsor. are some towns more difficult in regard to asking for 1 vesus 3 (or more) permits? thanks.

Once again, you can ask for as many as you want. The number of permits you request should not make a difference in anything.

This is so not Pc, but grow a pair and ask for 6. There is nothing to be afraid of or worry about. 6 permits are not a lot.

The town cannot limit the number of permits you ask for. If they say anything, of which there is a remote chance, show the the letter that was linked.

maksim- i see you are located in east windsor. are some towns more difficult in regard to asking for 1 vesus 3 (or more) permits? thanks.

My town used to limit you to 1 P2P at a time. Now, they changed to the "unlimited" rule.

My applications for permits to purchase were taking up to 10-12 weeks. Then someting happened. My last two applications - four permits requested - were processed in 21 and 10 days respectively. Hard to complain about that.

On the 10 day turnaround I was on vacation when I received notice that they were ready and could not pick-up until I returned 2-1/2 weeks later.

Today is my 30th day, since dropping off the paperwork. My (2) references have not received anything or been contacted as of yet.

Interesting. I'm into my 5th week of waiting and my two references haven't recieved anything as of yet. When I called my local PD, they said they didn't get anything back from the state as of yet. Should I call my local PD back and ask them when they plan on mailing the paper to my references?

So, I just called my local PD. Lady says that the state still has it. I gave all my paperwork to the city PD on 09/12. She said the PD sent it to the state on 09/26. I feel like I'm getting j*rked-off without the thrill of sh**ting my load. She says that once they get it back from the state, it's no time at all after that for me to get my permits. They just give it to a city detective for him to do something. I still don't understand how this is all occurring and my references still not receiving anything.

Is there someone at the state level I can call to get a status or am I at the mercy of my local PD?

I think I'm getting jerk around by my local PD. I just called this women who handles this for my city and she told me, "Nope, still nothing back from the State". I asked if there was a way to check the status and she said no, just keep waiting. I reminder her that my 2-references still haven't received anything. She said, "that's strange, I mailed the papers out on 09/26". I asked this women what to do now and she said to confirm they didn't get this and to let her know. I just contacted my references and they confirmed not receiving anything. I personally think this b*tch either f*cked-up and didn't mail them or is purposely delaying me. My issue with this entire mess is if I didn't keep calling, no one would be doing anything and I would be waiting indefinately.

Who can I call (and I need the phone number) from the State to make an inquiry and report this mess? I'm prepared to make an issue of this. This is bullsh*t.

Thanks. I just got a call from the women at the PD. She says that today's mail just came and they received what they needed back from the State Police. Now, today, she will re-mail (yea, right. i bet they were never mailed to begin with) the paper to my 2-references. Once she gets them back, they'll issue my permits.

Talked to the woman last Wednesday and she confirmed receipt of both letters back from my references. She said I should have my permit in-hand that following week, which is this week. I called her this morning and was told it definately won't be this week now, since the Detective who "does these" isn't around all week. I asked if he was the only person to do this and she said yes. I almost felt the need to ask what happens if he get hit by a bus or something, but thought better of it. Then I said, "Well, I guess all he does is sign the permits?". She said, no, she believes that he calls the references over the phone to "talk to them".

WTF !!! :mad:

Applied for 1 handgun permit September 28. Been waiting about 5 weeks just for a handgun permit from Pennsville. Got my FID and 2 handgun permits back in March. Emailed the LT. in charge and he says their investigation was done on Oct. 12th and my info was forwarded to the state.

My wife got her FID and 1 handgun permit after I got mine and it only took her about 2 weeks. No consistency what so ever. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon. But I'm not holding my breath.

Are you guys all first time purchasers? Why are you waiting for permits? Sheesh. I am going to start an educational campaign. "6 every 6". If you apply for SIX permits every SIX months and overlap the applications, you will always have a permit in hand to buy AND never have to wait. Total cost is $60 per year. You have to play the game until the law is changed.

My local PD let me do this the first time, and then this recent time they said I could only

do 3 at a time. I know they were wrong because you can technically use 3, then renew 3 and

use them in the 90 day renewal period.

The funny thing is the last time I went the receptionist saw I was applying for 6 and asked

the detective what is the max, he said 6. Then this time I applied the detectiveasked the receptionist

what is the max and she said 3. LOL! What the hell is goin' on? I dunno. But they were

very nice to work with and their turn around is actually pretty fast compared to what I see

here. Anyways, I only apply for that many at a time not for multiple guns but just so I can

trade/sell/buy when good deals come.

My local PD let me do this the first time, and then this recent time they said I could only

do 3 at a time. I know they were wrong because you can technically use 3, then renew 3 and

use them in the 90 day renewal period.

The funny thing is the last time I went the receptionist saw I was applying for 6 and asked

the detective what is the max, he said 6. Then this time I applied the detectiveasked the receptionist

what is the max and she said 3. LOL! What the hell is goin' on? I dunno. But they were

very nice to work with and their turn around is actually pretty fast compared to what I see

here. Anyways, I only apply for that many at a time not for multiple guns but just so I can

trade/sell/buy when good deals come.

Go back up to my post #62 in this thread and open the link and print a copy of it and bring it in the the PD.

There is NO LIMIT to the number of PP's, now you can only use 6 with the extension under normal circumstances, and a lot more if you apply for an exemption to OGAM.

To all, make Paul start teaching this class, I'd bet he wouldn;t put up with any hecklers in the back of the room and that would be no fun.. :icon_mrgreen:

A few years ago I requested 12 PP and received a call from a sergeant. He said mr. XXXX what do you need 12 handguns for? I told him my Colt collection. He said OK!. Got them the next week. This was before OGAM.

A few years ago I requested 12 PP and received a call from a sergeant. He said mr. XXXX what do you need 12 handguns for? I told him my Colt collection. He said OK!. Got them the next week. This was before OGAM.

Does he even have the legal right to question why you need them?

Good for you. I checked-in a again yesterday and the women is still waiting to have mine signed. What a bunch of bs. I've lost 2-weeks alone just because of my city's PD incompetencies. That's not to mention the hassle of them never mailing the letters to my references like the said they did either.

As far a the Mark III Hunter, I think you'll like it. This is the one that I have.

10118.jpg

I'm at 6 months waiting in Jackson for 3 permits.

That's ridiculous and I'm complaining about my wait so far, which is nowhere close to that. How is all that time allowable or legal. There has to be some type of law or stipulation that these need to be completed in a much quicker time period.

Make an appointment with the mayor to register a complaint against yor PD. Also, file a grievance of non compliance of state law with the attorney general's office directed at your PD. Turn the heat up. Right now they have nothing spurring them to do their job.

Make an appointment with the mayor to register a complaint against yor PD. Also, file a grievance of non compliance of state law with the attorney general's office directed at your PD. Turn the heat up. Right now they have nothing spurring them to do their job.

That's what I was asking. Is there a law that limits the amount of time it should take to get a permit(s)?

Departments get away with breaking that 30 day time frame because there is no rules on how long their investigation period has to be. Right now my paperwork is sitting in the magazine rack in the chiefs bathroom. I wrote a letter to the mayor on my last round of permits that took 4 months to get.His hands are tied, because the chief and him hate each other and they are having some legal battle over a budget. This why I hope frank from nj second amendment society can work some magic against state police and create a guide line that local pd's can't abuse.

That's what I was asking. Is there a law that limits the amount of time it should take to get a permit(s)?

It is supposed to be thirty days, but NJ courts have come down on the side of the police when they claim the delays are in the name of "public safety". That is why you need to make it difficult for them. Six months is an unreasonable time to wait. Assuming your mayor and police chief have a better working relationship than AnthonyG's do, make an appointment with your mayor or just drop in on his office. Explain that other towns have their permits processed in between two and six weeks. If that goes nowhere, then try filing the grievance for non compliance. Unless you live an an urban and/or liberal township (where police are often unofficially told to do everything they can to delay and deny gun permits), then having a complaint with the Attorney General for not following state law may help speed things up. Good luck. Don't give in to the fuckers.That is the only way they win.

I called today about mine, am about day 45. Got the same story, they are in for review, etc. I have heard of the duelling lawsuits (supposedly) between JPD and the mayor. They used to be pretty good. Whatever, I am not going to put up with this garbage. I have had security clearances since I was 18, and my TS/SSBI was just renewed again a few months ago, and had even more thorough BI for two adoptions. I am one of the people involved here in town, and I usually support the JPD, voted for their budget and all of it. I have a call in to Gary Needleman's office, when I talk with someone there, I will let the forumsters know.

Well I got my permit...took 5 months.

The permit was issued 11/1/11 and I was contacted it was in 11/12/11. Nice, huh?

By the time our local PD contacted my son (we both live in the same town), 3-weeks had already passed from the date-of-issue. That's why I've been calling a couple times each week.