jcerillo70

H.R.2900-> Secure Access to Firearms Enhancement (SAFE) Act of 2011

Our moment has come Ladies and Gentleman.It's up to us to make it happen... In the last month Rep Broun, Paul C. [GA-10], Introduced a bill that would in turn let us use our Florida out of state CCW permits here in NJ as New Jersey residents.

Here is the bill summary: Secure Access to Firearms Enhancement (SAFE) Act of 2011 - Amends the federal criminal code to provide for reciprocity for the carrying of certain concealed firearms in different states by persons who are not prohibited by federal law from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm and who are: (1) carrying a valid state license or permit for carrying a concealed firearm, or (2) otherwise entitled to carry a concealed firearm in their state of residence.

The bill was referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security on 9/23/11.

I myself am going to write as well as email as many representatives as i can today asking for their support. I ask that you do the same.

You can find your Reps info on the NRA ILA page here ---->>http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/

Thank you everyone!

-Joe Cerillo

What i would like to know is when the next hearing is scheduled for HR 2900 so we can watch it.

I have been following HR 822 closely and for the most part it looks like it is going to go through. I believe after yesterday they finished the amendments stage so a final vote should be coming up.

Our moment has come Ladies and Gentleman.It's up to us to make it happen... In the last month Rep Broun, Paul C. [GA-10], Introduced a bill that would in turn let us use our Florida out of state CCW permits here in NJ as New Jersey residents.

Here is the bill summary: Secure Access to Firearms Enhancement (SAFE) Act of 2011 - Amends the federal criminal code to provide for reciprocity for the carrying of certain concealed firearms in different states by persons who are not prohibited by federal law from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm and who are: (1) carrying a valid state license or permit for carrying a concealed firearm, or (2) otherwise entitled to carry a concealed firearm in their state of residence.

The bill was referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security on 9/23/11.

I myself am going to write as well as email as many representatives as i can today asking for their support. I ask that you do the same.

You can find your Reps info on the NRA ILA page here ---->>http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/

Thank you everyone!

-Joe Cerillo

Im in. I will be emailing Sunday.

can someone explain it in simple terms...the bill uses the word "entitled" to carry concealed in and pursuant to the state in which the person resides ..

technically nj residents are not "entitled" to carry concealed, right? I'm just not seeing how this would allow a nj resident to ccw with a Fla. permit when in nj it's impossible to get a permit...in nj, ccw is a priviledge not an entitlement..know what I mean....

sec.926d para 2 of the bill..My link

According to the summary from the Thomas website, anyone with a ccw license can carry anywhere they want. They just have to abide by that states rules for CCW

Vermont residents dont even need a ccw license, just their proper VT identification

(2)the bill uses the word "entitled" to carry concealed in and pursuant to the state in which the person resides ..

But for us with FL out of state licenses we would fall under the : (1) carrying a valid state license or permit for carrying a concealed firearm, or

can someone explain it in simple terms...the bill uses the word "entitled" to carry concealed in and pursuant to the state in which the person resides ..

technically nj residents are not "entitled" to carry concealed, right? I'm just not seeing how this would allow a nj resident to ccw with a Fla. permit when in nj it's impossible to get a permit...in nj, ccw is a priviledge not an entitlement..know what I mean....

sec.926d para 2 of the bill..My link

NJ residents would fall under Para (1) which doesn't use the "entitled" wording. Para (2) would cover the folks in VT that don't have the option of getting a VT permit.

When i used to be a manager at Sansone and do my saturday meetings. I would bring out a picture of Jim Jones, with the words let me make you a believer. If you believe in Something...Anything enough, it can happen. And it did, it would get the guys pumped up and we would do magical things out of that hell hole.

I BELIEVE THAT I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO CARRY A GUN!

I BELIEVE I SHOULD BE ABLE TO BUY A SEMI AUTO MP5.

I BELIEVE I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO HAVE 30 RD MAGS

So lemme ask you this...Did you drink the Kool-aid? I did... I know what i have to do

Should be allowed?

We shouldn't be *allowed* anything.

I believe we should not have our rights infringed upon. I believe we should not be prohibited.

In my opinion, this is a better angle from which to look at the same goal :)

Sounds like you drank the kool-aid too sir ;) I like that

We picked up a few more co-sponsors since our last talk, heres the latest list. no one from Jersey yet nut soon...

Rep McCotter,Thaddeus G. [MI-11] - 10/3/2011

Rep Green, Gene [TX-29] - 10/3/2011

Rep Walsh, Joe [iL-8] - 10/5/2011

Rep Marchant,Kenny [TX-24] - 10/12/2011

Rep Hartzler,Vicky [MO-4] - 10/13/2011

Rep Cole, Tom [OK-4] - 10/13/2011

Rep Buchanan, Vern [FL-13] - 10/24/2011

Rep Aderholt,Robert B. [AL-4] - 10/26/2011

Rep Johnson, Bill [OH-6] - 11/3/2011

GARRET's response:

Knowing of your interest in the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011 (H.R. 822), I would like to take the opportunity to update you on this legislation.

As you know, H.R. 822 was introduced by Congressman Cliff Stearns (FL-6) on February 18, 2011. This legislation would allow guns owners to carry concealed handguns across state lines if they have permits and proper identification. You may be interested to know that I cosponsored H.R. 822, which has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee, where it awaits further review.

Like you, I believe that Americans should have the freedom to keep and bear arms. As the Founder and Chairman of the Constitution Caucus, I am committed to protecting Second Amendment rights. As your representative I will continue to support legislation that upholds citizens' ability to defend themselves.

Please know that your correspondence is important to me and that I appreciate your views. Should legislation concerning the gun rights come to the House floor for a vote, I will consider it with your thoughts in mind.

Thank you for contacting me. As Congress debates solutions to the challenges facing our nation, I hope you will continue to share your thoughts and views with me. Should you have any further questions or comments about this or any legislative issue, please do not hesitate to contact me in my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 225-4465. Also, please visit me at www.facebook.com/repscottgarrett, www.youtube.com/repscottgarrett, and my website at www.house.gov/garrett to sign up for my e-newsletter for the latest updates from Washington, D.C. and around the district.

MY FURTHER RESPONSE TO HIM..........

Dear Rep. Garret.

Thank you for responding to me and I appreciate the time You have taken to do so.

As a NJ resident You understand more than most, the level draconian laws that are enacted in this

state and how such laws affect the law abiding gun owners here. These laws do little, mostly nothing, to

stop the criminal element from continuing to plague our state(s), while honest, law abiding, hard working citizens,

are left without the tools to defend themselves, or their families.

You know as well as I do that with the current economy and city and state cutbacks and the current level of threats our country faces from

outside and within, the Law Enforcement community cannot be everywhere, for everyone, at every moment

they may need them.

Considering this, National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011 (H.R. 822), will affirm the honest law

abiding citizens of their Constitutional right to protection of ones life, family and property.

I urge you to continue to vigorously support this bill in it's successful enactment...

Sincerely,

Does anybody know how we can find out what the subcommittee is doing on this bill and what House Committee is this subcommittee under?

Surprisingly, the legislation is not getting support from firearm's group up here. The state's largest newspaper and a pro-gun one at that printed this today. The day before it outlined the largest pro-gun group in the state opposing it.

National carry law? Leave it to the states

If states can define marriage without interference from Washington, surely they should be able to set their own concealed carry policies.

EDITORIAL

It probably seemed like a good idea at the time.

On Wednesday, the U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill to grant automatic reciprocity across state lines for concealed weapons permits. That is, any state that allows the concealed carry of firearms would have to recognize concealed carry permits issued in other states. The bill, which garnered tremendous Republican support (including Reps. Charles Bass and Frank Guinta of New Hampshire), is touted as a victory for gun rights.

Not so fast.

This appears to be another example of Republicans willingly transferring a little more power to Washington when the policy is something they favor. But even if the policy were perfectly flawless, and this one is not, the bigger question is whether it is an issue for Washington to resolve. In this case, it is not.

How many of the Republicans who support this bill also support the Defense of Marriage Act, which allows states to define marriage as they see fit without having to recognize marriages granted in another state? Probably a lot. And that’s not very consistent.

If states can define marriage without interference from Washington, surely they should be able to set their own concealed carry policies.

Rep. Cliff Stearns, R-Fla., is the bill’s sponsor. He told Politico that, states’ rights aside, “I think to a certain extent, the deterrent value and the feeling of self-defense … has to be recognized here.”

So that’s now a federal responsibility? Stearns seems to think so. What happens when Republicans lose control of the House and 2nd Amendment opponents start passing bills on concealed-carry reciprocity? If they pass a law stating that no state may acknowledge another’s concealed carry permit, Republicans would not be able to oppose the law on states’ rights grounds.

Deciding who gets to carry concealed weapons has always been considered a state issue. Washington should stay out of it, even if the intention is good.

WTF? Gay marriage is NOT A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT!!!! I hate when these freaking progressives compare "apples with oranges". Firearms are in the BILL OF RIGHTS, gay marriage is NOT! This is a stupid a$$ example and is total BS....

Yea... Talk about a "race to the bottom..." What next? Smokin w33d is a Constitutional Right? Paligamy? Man-boy "love"? The list goes on.

But we dont want nobody, "packin heat". Not even a slingshot. And airsoft??? <<<<YOUR NEXT :icon_rolleyes: