jcerillo70

Must See:The Never-ending Saga of Firearms in New Jersey

Um too bad he screwed up a part of it.

I don't know where the hell he's getting his handgun permits, but mine cost $2 and they don't run a background check every time. That would be oh, 2 minutes and 40 seconds or so into the video.

Otherwise it's a good video. I might have done it a little different and I'm not sure about all his facts.

I don't know where the hell he's getting his handgun permits, but mine cost $2 and they don't run a background check every time. That would be oh, 2 minutes and 40 seconds or so into the video.

The lgs charges for a nics check, but that has nothing to do with the state.

Most departments run a background check every time you apply. Consider yourself one of the lucky ones.

The lgs charges for a nics check, but that has nothing to do with the state.

You are correct about the $2.00 though. I will see about changing that. Luckily, that really isn't all that substantive. I appreciate you catching it though. Thanks,

Otherwise it's a good video. I might have done it a little different and I'm not sure about all his facts.

When is the last time you got permits? In the last 4 years at least there has to be an NJSP background (with attendant $18.00 check) for EVERY Transaction, whether it's an initial, P2p, or even Change of Address.

• Like 1

When is the last time you got permits? In the last 4 years at least there has to be an NJSP background (with attendant $18.00 check) for EVERY Transaction, whether it's an initial, P2p, or even Change of Address.

+1

Well, considering I bought my Delta elite in May and my Springfield 1911 in July, something is screwy. Maybe your police department is making up it's own rules, because there are no state law requirements for it after you get the FID. The handgun permit is a REGISTRATION, nothing else. You have to get a NICS check from the dealer, a FEDERAL requirement, but you have to get that anyway. :sarcastichand:

Btw I dropped off my permit application with a check for $4. They called me 2 weeks later and offered to mail them to me.

Well, considering I bought my Delta elite in May and my Springfield 1911 in July, I'd say your facts are wrong. Maybe your police department is making up it's own rules, because there are no state law requirements for it after you get the FID. The handgun permit is a REGISTRATION, nothing else. You have to get a NICS check from the dealer, a FEDERAL requirement, but you have to get that anyway. :sarcastichand:

Btw I dropped off my permit application with a check for $4. The called me 2 weeks later and offered to mail them to me.

You are lucky. Many NJ towns and municipalities *DO* make up there own rules. *THAT* is the point! :-)

Well, considering I bought my Delta elite in May and my Springfield 1911 in July, something is screwy. Maybe your police department is making up it's own rules, because there are no state law requirements for it after you get the FID. The handgun permit is a REGISTRATION, nothing else. You have to get a NICS check from the dealer, a FEDERAL requirement, but you have to get that anyway. :sarcastichand:

Btw I dropped off my permit application with a check for $4. They called me 2 weeks later and offered to mail them to me.

My town reinvestigates me every time I apply and collects the $18 fee, and I apply 3 times a year. Your town is choosing to ignore the NJSP directive stating that all applications are to be done this way - consider yourself lucky.

• Like 1