TFDagger

Getting a muzzle brake pinned quickly in NJ/PA?

Hi all,

Longtime lurker, first-time poster! To make a long story short, I am in the process of trading with a guy in Eastern PA for an AR. All it needs for NJ compliance is a pinned muzzle brake, and I have a brake handy.

I'm in Morris County and he's in the Philly suburbs. He suggested a few greater Philly-area gunshops for me to call about pinning the brake, but all of them have a 2-4 week wait, and I'd really like to find a way to get the brake pinned at the FFL we pick to do the transfer and take it home the same day, rather than having to make a long drive twice or arrange for shipping.

Is this impossible? Should I just have him mail the upper to ADCO or similar, or does someone know of a north-central NJ or Eastern PA FFL/gunsmith where we could meet to do the trade paperwork and get the brake pinned same-day? I don't mind paying for a rush-job. Thanks.

TFD

South of your target area, in NJ: Paul (PK90), maybe?

North of your target area, in Quakertown, PA, Donley's maybe?

Worth a shot. Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

South of your target area, in NJ: Paul (PK90), maybe?

North of your target area, in Quakertown, PA, Donley's maybe?

Worth a shot. Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks guys. Donley's was his first choice: 2-3 week wait. Dunno if Paul can do same-day, but that may be an option even though it's a long drive for me (Hammonton area right?)...

have the guy ship the upper to Paul and then just transfer the lower to you when you trade.

afterwards, stop by PK and pick it up when done. you dont wanna be in possesion of that rifle in NJ w/out the brake pinned.

I don't believe you can transfer a lower in PA.

I don't believe you can transfer a lower in PA.

can he do a transfer of the "whole" firearm, go to the UPS store and then ship the top half to the gunsmith?

that way, he doesnt have to take a complete firearm back to NJ.

...if not, he's SOL! :banghead:

can he do a transfer of the "whole" firearm, go to the UPS store and then ship the top half to the gunsmith?

that way, he doesnt have to take a complete firearm back to NJ.

...if not, he's SOL! :banghead:

I think so, unless the gun must be legal in the buyer's home state before buying? (I'm not sure)

I wouldn't take possession of the rifle without the brake attached in any scenario: the PA guy will meet me at the FFL I choose, NJ or PA. I take it home after the brake is attached. I think I've found a PA gunsmith who will do transfer and brake. Thanks guys!

If its not NJ legal then the guy cannot meet you at a NJ FFL, he would be illegally transporting an "assault rifle" no matter where he is from

Thanks for clarifying, but we're meeting at a FFL in PA...all set and thanks for the help!