NCBound73

POSSIBLE RIFEL PURCHASE TODAY

Ok, so getting out of work early today for a doctors appointment, thinking of purchasing a Ruger 22 or similar, does anyone now of a good place with decent used selection between Somerset and Vernon?

Have you figured out what you're looking for? A bolt gun? A tactical like the SW 15-22? A wood stock, a composite stock? I would get that figured out so that you don't walk in and buy what a shop has, just so you can scratch that "new gun" itch.

oops, I meant Rifle, I can't spell very well in the AM.

I'm interested in a wood stock, plain looking Ruger 22, 16 inch barrel. I wouldn't mind finding a used one with a so so scope so I can just grab and go. Sorry for the lack of info.

I found the same thing as Nick did, a lot more expensive than other places and don't even think about asking the cost of doing a transfer.

To note, I don't always remember them to be that far out of line with other stores but I think they progressively have raised there prices after Ray's closed.

Harry

Try Efingers. It is on route 28, less than a mile off 287.

Well, try them if you want to pay possibly even more than MSRP, and possibly get waited on by one of the grumpy old men if they feel like selling a rifle today. Maybe they don't. There's a reason why you find all the younger Effingers sales people now working at other stores....

It sounds like people have had uniformly negative experiences there. I went in for something unrelated (a recurve bow) and wandered by the gun counter. The older gentleman salesman there that dealt with me was pleasant and (surprisingly) he let me handle some pricey shotguns. I had wanted to feel the difference between a Browning Citori 12 gauge frame and a Beretta 686 12 gauge frame. The Beretta is much less blocky and tall, IMO. I did really like the feel (the styling, not as much) of the Browning Cynergy though.

Anyway, I respect the views of the members posting here and understand that they are based on multiple experiences. I only had one there, but it was positive.Of course, had i paid more attention to the pricing, that may have been enough to chase me out the door.

I have to agree with some of the bad reviews about Efingers... Every time I've been in that place, the guys behind the gun counter are grumpy and don't ever show any indication that they want to help you with anything. Their prices totally stink too, as has already been mentioned. They are way overpriced!

You could also stop by Mastadon and see if he has anything. If your endpoint is Vernon, I assume you've done this already.

Thanks man, I think I'll hit up Mastadon, I looked them up. I'll have to wait till Saturday, plans got foiled, things got crazy at work and I had to return after my appointment.

There is also a new Firearms Guild in Branchburg. I drove past it on Sunday but didn't have time to stop in.

Heritage Guild of Branchburg

3321 Highway 22 East

Branchburg, NJ 08876

tel: 908.429.9500

The last time I was in there the gun section was still being built and they wouldn't let anyone even look at stuff. Make sure you call before you go if you're looking to shop some guns.

Check Ramsey Outdoors if your looking for one with a bull barrel.

I saw the ones they had at Ramsey, but I felt kind of rushed, there was a lot of people there and only one guy behind the counter. That dude is a wealth of info IMO, I still want to shop around and see if I can get a better price, plus I'm open to purchasing a used one as well.

The last time I was in there the gun section was still being built and they wouldn't let anyone even look at stuff. Make sure you call before you go if you're looking to shop some guns.

The guns are all in stock as of now. I am hopefully going to stop in tomorrow.