vladtepes

Is *Insert any semi automatic shotgun* legal in NJ?

Semi auto is in fact 1 evil feature I stand by it and will put money on it

you can think what you want... but the law does not say that...

the law uses "semi automatic shotgun" as a qualifier... NOT as a feature...

it says IF it is a semi automatic shotgun it can NOT have the following...

it does NOT say a shotgun can not have the following, and then list semi automatic

the law literally says.. if it is a semi automatic shotgun... the following "evil features" apply... meaning that "semi automatic shotgun" is what causes need to review the following features... 

I just got a semi-auto Benelli M2 tactical shotgun with the Comfortech stock (no pistol grip). It has a capacity of 5+1. Can I increase the capacity?

Maybe. 6 in a magazine is the limit in Jersey, but if your gun is not made in the USA, it needs to comply with 922R if you take it out of a sporting configuration. I'm not sure there has ever been a prosecution for a violation, but it is a Federal law.

is this amazingly badass kit legal to attach to a maverick 88. My initial thought is yes. I guess the real question is....any ammo limits on pump shotguns? I know most other attachments are ok

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/05/19/adaptive-tactical-sidewinder-venom-kits/

thanks. realize its gimmicky and overpriced but if i ever found it on ebay id grab it..looks like fun

I used to want one when I was in NJ and limited to a pump gun for any fun.. but that was before all these bullpup guns came out.. I think with I would take one of the new bullpup pump guns over this kit as it would be more balanced IMO.. 

28 minutes ago, Indianajonze said:

so...definitively, is a semi auto shotgun with a standard (non-pistol, non folding) stock and a 7+1 capacity legal in this damn state?

6+1, IIRC.    I had a Mossberg 930 "Home Security Model" (4+1) which I doctored up with a new barrel and a tube extension to get 6+1 capacity.   Since then, I now have a full JM Pro (9+1) in FL. 

1 hour ago, Indianajonze said:

so...definitively, is a semi auto shotgun with a standard (non-pistol, non folding) stock and a 7+1 capacity legal in this damn state?

NO, 6 plus 1 is...........

Pumps unlimited, hence for me a better HD choice.

9 hours ago, T Bill said:

NO, 6 plus 1 is...........

Pumps unlimited, hence for me a better HD choice.

with all due respect.. how many rounds of buckshot do you expect to need to stop someone? 

if you are that worried about capacity run a carbine with a rifle round and go to 15.. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vladtepes said:

with all due respect.. how many rounds of buckshot do you expect to need to stop someone? 

if you are that worried about capacity run a carbine with a rifle round and go to 15.. 

For one person, maybe not so much. But Home invasions can often come in teams of 3 or more. Assuming a double tap for each person, that would be six shells right there. 

At least I have my JM Pro in FL (9+1).

1 hour ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

For one person, maybe not so much. But Home invasions can often come in teams of 3 or more. Assuming a double tap for each person, that wold be six shells right there. 

At least I have my JM Pro in FL (9+1).

I question the wisdom of double tap with a pump shotgun.. if you are hitting center mass with 12 buck... you are very likely to stop.. the added delay in racking.. multiple shots on a single target when multiple threats are present may not be ideal.. hit one and move on.. then reassess after you have served the first helping.. 

I would be willing to be even with a vest on 12 gauge is going to slow you down enough to reconsider your decision to be there.. 

26 minutes ago, vladtepes said:

I question the wisdom of double tap with a pump shotgun.. if you are hitting center mass with 12 buck... you are very likely to stop.. the added delay in racking.. multiple shots on a single target when multiple threats are present may not be ideal.. hit one and move on.. then reassess after you have served the first helping.. 

I would be willing to be even with a vest on 12 gauge is going to slow you down enough to reconsider your decision to be there.. 

Solution, although discussion for another thread.... Saiga 12 with a drum... or a Vepr 12... with a drum. =) (in free America of course).

7 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Solution, although discussion for another thread.... Saiga 12 with a drum... or a Vepr 12... with a drum. =) (in free America of course).

and you will also indirectly create a nice new "open concept" living area... LOL 

4 hours ago, vladtepes said:

That's why I have 930 "Semi autos."   No need to pump. :D I would still want to reserve two shells for each "participant," nonetheless.  Just in case I miss once, etc.  And while I do have some magnum load 00 buck, I'm probably going with my standard #8 target load.

That's why I have 930 "Semi autos."   No need to pump. [emoji3] I would still want to reserve two shells for each "participant," nonetheless.  Just in case I miss once, etc.  And while I do have some magnum load 00 buck, I'm probably going with my standard #8 target load.

Don't shoot people with birdshot bro

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

On 5/24/2017 at 7:30 AM, HBecwithFn7 said:

I would still want to reserve two shells for each "participant," nonetheless.  Just in case I miss once, etc.  And while I do have some magnum load 00 buck, I'm probably going with my standard #8 target load

Roadhouse rules: Every "participant" gets one before anyone gets seconds.

And use 00 or #1 buck for humans.

#8 is for gun games and rabbits.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Purple Patrick said:

Don't shoot people with birdshot bro

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Roadhouse rules: Every "participant" gets one before you before anyone gets seconds.

Fair enough...   Looks like I'm buying some more 00 buck...

9 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Roadhouse rules: Every "participant" gets one before you before anyone gets seconds.

I actually use high brass BB shot.  But any high brass round INSIDE YOUR HOME will basically do the same thing.  It's when you step outside that different pellets or BB's do different things. 

22 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

I actually use high brass BB shot.  But any high brass round INSIDE YOUR HOME will basically do the same thing.  It's when you step outside that different pellets or BB's do different things. 

High brass means nothing, you can buy high brass rounds that are less hot than wally-world bulk federal target loads

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/72279

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, glennp said:

High brass means nothing, you can buy high brass rounds that are less hot than wally-world bulk federal target loads

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/72279

Mr Papp!

Good find, but I still stand by my original post.  

It OK Ray. This is America! I support your decision to be willfully wrong and tell us all about it! 

If a shotgun is your choice for HD:

Low recoil/Tactical 00 or #1 buck, preferably in a Flight Control type round, is the way to go for social shotgun work inside and around typical CONUS homes.

• Like 1

We are talking inside the home right?  At those distances (10 feet), it really doesn't matter.  A head shot or center mass with even birdshot will be devistating.  

But if the distance is across the lawn, then those Federal Flight control wads in 00Buck OR Hornady 00Buck are TIGHT.